Doctors with CF

lecheval

I work in a hospital and love it, I think nursing school is in my future. I take a lot of precautions that are in some ways tedious, but it's well worth the satisfaction and enjoyment I get out of my job.

lecheval

I work in a hospital and love it, I think nursing school is in my future. I take a lot of precautions that are in some ways tedious, but it's well worth the satisfaction and enjoyment I get out of my job.

lecheval

SRains24

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Marjolein</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>SRains24</b></i>

I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote></div>

<div>
</div><div>Can I ask you if they really want you to do surgeries? Specially cardio-thoracic. Really something like this has always been blocked in my mind because of Pseudo (specially my multi resistent strains) and well other bugs we tend to catch easily.</div><div>I know you are packed in very sterile as a surgeon, but still.</div></end quote></div><br><br>It's been a dream of mine, to be a surgeon.  I feel that the benefits far out way the risk for me, and that's the way I'm going.  I've been told all my life that I won't live into adulthood (going on 31 this year) and so I'm taking every day that's given to me and doing the things that I want do.<br>

SRains24

I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote>

Can I ask you if they really want you to do surgeries? Specially cardio-thoracic. Really something like this has always been blocked in my mind because of Pseudo (specially my multi resistent strains) and well other bugs we tend to catch easily.I know you are packed in very sterile as a surgeon, but still.</end quote><br><br>It's been a dream of mine, to be a surgeon. I feel that the benefits far out way the risk for me, and that's the way I'm going. I've been told all my life that I won't live into adulthood (going on 31 this year) and so I'm taking every day that's given to me and doing the things that I want do.<br>

SRains24

I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote>

Can I ask you if they really want you to do surgeries? Specially cardio-thoracic. Really something like this has always been blocked in my mind because of Pseudo (specially my multi resistent strains) and well other bugs we tend to catch easily.I know you are packed in very sterile as a surgeon, but still.</end quote><br><br>It's been a dream of mine, to be a surgeon. I feel that the benefits far out way the risk for me, and that's the way I'm going. I've been told all my life that I won't live into adulthood (going on 31 this year) and so I'm taking every day that's given to me and doing the things that I want do.<br>

krisjohn53223

I have been a nurse for 7 years. My doctor was very much against this, but it was my passion. I had to be careful what areas I worked in, but it all worked out. The only problem was my "dream" was to be an ER nurse, but my doctor said absolutely not! You never know what is coming in the door. Lots of flu, TB, etc. Once when I "shadowed" down there in nursing school, there was a SARS case that came in, scary! So, I chose the next closest thing to ER and that was a trauma unit. I loved it, but got burnt out very quick, both mentally and physically. So, after 2 years of that, I transferred to the newborn nursery and loved it too. In May I "retired" due to a decline in my health. Medically school and residency will be a challenge because you won't have the option to not do a certain unit. You have to do a little of everything. Good luck in whatever you chose.

krisjohn53223

I have been a nurse for 7 years. My doctor was very much against this, but it was my passion. I had to be careful what areas I worked in, but it all worked out. The only problem was my "dream" was to be an ER nurse, but my doctor said absolutely not! You never know what is coming in the door. Lots of flu, TB, etc. Once when I "shadowed" down there in nursing school, there was a SARS case that came in, scary! So, I chose the next closest thing to ER and that was a trauma unit. I loved it, but got burnt out very quick, both mentally and physically. So, after 2 years of that, I transferred to the newborn nursery and loved it too. In May I "retired" due to a decline in my health. Medically school and residency will be a challenge because you won't have the option to not do a certain unit. You have to do a little of everything. Good luck in whatever you chose.

krisjohn53223