Does anyone elses child have a big, distended stomach?

greenwks

Hello! My almost-six-year-old daughter with CF has always had a distended stomach. She has excellent doctors, but no one has ever been able to tell us exactly why her tummy is so poofy! She's had numerous tests over the past 2 years (her ultrasounds all look normal) and has taken different medicines, but nothing seems to make it smaller. She does have a somewhat enlarged spleen and liver, but they're not THAT big! I was just wondering if anyone else has had this similar experience. As far as we know, she only has CF, no other diagnosis/condition. Thanks for your input. Take care : )

greenwks

Hello! My almost-six-year-old daughter with CF has always had a distended stomach. She has excellent doctors, but no one has ever been able to tell us exactly why her tummy is so poofy! She's had numerous tests over the past 2 years (her ultrasounds all look normal) and has taken different medicines, but nothing seems to make it smaller. She does have a somewhat enlarged spleen and liver, but they're not THAT big! I was just wondering if anyone else has had this similar experience. As far as we know, she only has CF, no other diagnosis/condition. Thanks for your input. Take care : )

greenwks

greenwks

greenwks

ktsmom

Our daughter's belly has always been distended, MUCH more so before diagnosis, but she still has a little pot belly. I thought it would go down more than it has, but I guess not. Oh well, I think it is just normal for CF'ers.

ktsmom

Our daughter's belly has always been distended, MUCH more so before diagnosis, but she still has a little pot belly. I thought it would go down more than it has, but I guess not. Oh well, I think it is just normal for CF'ers.

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

pjspiegle

Hi,

My friend has 2 daughters with CF and the older one had a distended stomach for a long time. She finally slimmed her stomach to "normal" in the last year or so, she is now 12, and I have known her since she was about 7. I know that we use to think it was the steriods, at least it would get worse when she was on pred and get a little better when she wasn't. Perhaps when they hit puberty it will fix itself. Hope this helps, it does seem to be a "normal" CF thing for some of the kids.

pjspiegle

Hi,

My friend has 2 daughters with CF and the older one had a distended stomach for a long time. She finally slimmed her stomach to "normal" in the last year or so, she is now 12, and I have known her since she was about 7. I know that we use to think it was the steriods, at least it would get worse when she was on pred and get a little better when she wasn't. Perhaps when they hit puberty it will fix itself. Hope this helps, it does seem to be a "normal" CF thing for some of the kids.

pjspiegle

Hi,

pjspiegle

Hi,

pjspiegle

Hi,

purplemartin

I always have to buy Briceton's shirts a size or two bigger to cover his cute pot belly, and his poor jeans always fall bellow his belly rather than sitting on his waist....too cute!

Never have given it much thought, as I had always heard that most CFers (not all) had distended bellies! GI docs brought it up once but didn't make a big deal over it! I think its cute!!!!!!

purplemartin

I always have to buy Briceton's shirts a size or two bigger to cover his cute pot belly, and his poor jeans always fall bellow his belly rather than sitting on his waist....too cute!

Never have given it much thought, as I had always heard that most CFers (not all) had distended bellies! GI docs brought it up once but didn't make a big deal over it! I think its cute!!!!!!

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin