does anyone have cfrd here?

rosie8

i was diagnosed with cfrd over the summer. it sucks. especially cuz i am deathly scared of needles! , call me a baby , but.. i STILL cry over em =p haha. but yeah , i havent been put on insulin or nething yet , thank GOD! , but i may havta be eventually =/ - that'll be hell. anyone going thru the same thing?

rosie8

i was diagnosed with cfrd over the summer. it sucks. especially cuz i am deathly scared of needles! , call me a baby , but.. i STILL cry over em =p haha. but yeah , i havent been put on insulin or nething yet , thank GOD! , but i may havta be eventually =/ - that'll be hell. anyone going thru the same thing?

rosie8

rosie8

rosie8

whitney91

Hi.
I was diagnosed with it a little over a year ago but they noticed my sugars going up when i was 11. I was put on the pill they have but it ended up not working. So they had to put me on injections. At first I couldn't stand to sick myself so i had my grandma, mom and anyone else do it. Finally I started sticking myself its really not as bad as it seems. Plus it helps if you ask for the short needles because the longer ones tend to hurt. But now I'm on an insulin pump which is so wonderful I only sick myself every 3 days and their very shirt needles. Just a tiny catheter stays in. But I love it. If it does come down to you having to go on insulin,which i pray that it doesnt come to that. I'd ask about the pump,.

whitney91

Hi.
I was diagnosed with it a little over a year ago but they noticed my sugars going up when i was 11. I was put on the pill they have but it ended up not working. So they had to put me on injections. At first I couldn't stand to sick myself so i had my grandma, mom and anyone else do it. Finally I started sticking myself its really not as bad as it seems. Plus it helps if you ask for the short needles because the longer ones tend to hurt. But now I'm on an insulin pump which is so wonderful I only sick myself every 3 days and their very shirt needles. Just a tiny catheter stays in. But I love it. If it does come down to you having to go on insulin,which i pray that it doesnt come to that. I'd ask about the pump,.

whitney91

Hi.

whitney91

Hi.

whitney91

Hi.

jennastroitzel

Ok, so I know I'm not young but I was just noseying around and saw this post. I was just diagnosed with CFRD a couple of months ago. I was told the pills probably wouldn't work but we tried anyway. Well they didn't really work and I ended up with insulin but I have to say that the thought of doing the injections was much worse than anything. I can honestly say that I don't find them even uncomfortable, never mind painful. The first time you do it, it's bit of a knee-knocking moment, but after that it's ok. You'll be fine I'm sure. I'm going back to clinic in January and have been told that I might be assessed for a pump then - which will save me quite a few injections. To be honest, I'm not sure whether I'm even bothered about saving the number of injections because I don't find them bad - but I've been told the pump gives better control over blood sugars.

jennastroitzel

Ok, so I know I'm not young but I was just noseying around and saw this post. I was just diagnosed with CFRD a couple of months ago. I was told the pills probably wouldn't work but we tried anyway. Well they didn't really work and I ended up with insulin but I have to say that the thought of doing the injections was much worse than anything. I can honestly say that I don't find them even uncomfortable, never mind painful. The first time you do it, it's bit of a knee-knocking moment, but after that it's ok. You'll be fine I'm sure. I'm going back to clinic in January and have been told that I might be assessed for a pump then - which will save me quite a few injections. To be honest, I'm not sure whether I'm even bothered about saving the number of injections because I don't find them bad - but I've been told the pump gives better control over blood sugars.

jennastroitzel

jennastroitzel

jennastroitzel