doing IUI and clomid...

C

Cariann2005Rob

So i went to the infertility dr today and i did a clomid check. Come to find out that he wants me to do IUI!!! a little shock but we had talked about it a little i just didnt know it would be on my first round of clomid! anyways i start clomid tonight day 4 and take it through day 8. then day 10 i start checking for ovulation with the OPKs... once it turns positive i cal in and get ready to do my IUI! im so nervous but so excited to even get to this point! I really hope it works! Im for sure going to eat pineapple the day of and 4 days after!!! is there any advice anyone can give me in going into this?!!! thanks for listening! keep your fingers crossed!!! Sticky dust all around!!!!

C

Cariann2005Rob

So i went to the infertility dr today and i did a clomid check. Come to find out that he wants me to do IUI!!! a little shock but we had talked about it a little i just didnt know it would be on my first round of clomid! anyways i start clomid tonight day 4 and take it through day 8. then day 10 i start checking for ovulation with the OPKs... once it turns positive i cal in and get ready to do my IUI! im so nervous but so excited to even get to this point! I really hope it works! Im for sure going to eat pineapple the day of and 4 days after!!! is there any advice anyone can give me in going into this?!!! thanks for listening! keep your fingers crossed!!! Sticky dust all around!!!!

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

tara

When I was doing my medicated IUIs I was also taking high doses of ibuprofin and as it turns out, IBUprofin can inhibit implantation of a fertilized embryo. So just FYI, if you take motrin, switch to tylenol this month for any aches and pains. I was on the motrin for inflammation, but stopped taking it during the IVF process.

Other than that, all I can say is try and relax, and stay busy during the two week wait. Does the doctor have you on progesterone suppositories after the insemination? Boosting your progesterone levels sometimes helps make the embies stick too.

tara

When I was doing my medicated IUIs I was also taking high doses of ibuprofin and as it turns out, IBUprofin can inhibit implantation of a fertilized embryo. So just FYI, if you take motrin, switch to tylenol this month for any aches and pains. I was on the motrin for inflammation, but stopped taking it during the IVF process.

Other than that, all I can say is try and relax, and stay busy during the two week wait. Does the doctor have you on progesterone suppositories after the insemination? Boosting your progesterone levels sometimes helps make the embies stick too.

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />Other than that, all I can say is try and relax, and stay busy during the two week wait. Does the doctor have you on progesterone suppositories after the insemination? Boosting your progesterone levels sometimes helps make the embies stick too.

C

Cariann2005Rob

good to know thanks!!! i normally take Tylenol but i bought aspirin the other day so i went and bought Tylenol tonight! Nope not that i know of but things can change!!! i havent seen my dr that is in charge since i did the clomid check today.. so i will probably ask him when we go there to do the iui! (if i get to that point! im sooooo worried that i wont ovulate or something!!!) happy thoughts!!! but thanks for the heads up!

C

Cariann2005Rob

good to know thanks!!! i normally take Tylenol but i bought aspirin the other day so i went and bought Tylenol tonight! Nope not that i know of but things can change!!! i havent seen my dr that is in charge since i did the clomid check today.. so i will probably ask him when we go there to do the iui! (if i get to that point! im sooooo worried that i wont ovulate or something!!!) happy thoughts!!! but thanks for the heads up!

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

rubyroselee

Hi,

How exciting! Good luck with the IUI. Hopefully it will work quickly for you. It's so hard to wait the 2 weeks though to find out if it worked, so try to keep your mind off it.

Good luck!

rubyroselee

Hi,

How exciting! Good luck with the IUI. Hopefully it will work quickly for you. It's so hard to wait the 2 weeks though to find out if it worked, so try to keep your mind off it.

Good luck!

rubyroselee

Hi,

Good luck!

rubyroselee

Hi,

Good luck!

rubyroselee

Hi,
<br />
<br />How exciting! Good luck with the IUI. Hopefully it will work quickly for you. It's so hard to wait the 2 weeks though to find out if it worked, so try to keep your mind off it.
<br />
<br />Good luck!