Doing Vest Treatments

rockstar

I have a Vest System and I have been told that when my port line is in to not do any vest treatments. So I don't. do any of you use your vest system when your port line is in use? and if not then what do you use for airway clearance?

rockstar

I have a Vest System and I have been told that when my port line is in to not do any vest treatments. So I don't. do any of you use your vest system when your port line is in use? and if not then what do you use for airway clearance?

rockstar

rockstar

rockstar

lightNlife

I use my vest when my port is accessed. All I do is loosen that side of the shoulder strap and put in a balled up sock or something else to stabilize the needle if it sticks out far (like a 1 inch needle does.) I don't have any trouble with the 3/4 inch needle.

When I don't use my vest (for other reasons, I used the Acapella, the Quake, or I have my husband aminister CPT.

lightNlife

I use my vest when my port is accessed. All I do is loosen that side of the shoulder strap and put in a balled up sock or something else to stabilize the needle if it sticks out far (like a 1 inch needle does.) I don't have any trouble with the 3/4 inch needle.

When I don't use my vest (for other reasons, I used the Acapella, the Quake, or I have my husband aminister CPT.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />When I don't use my vest (for other reasons, I used the Acapella, the Quake, or I have my husband aminister CPT.

Giggles

Maybe ask your doc or homehealthcare how you can still use the Vest. I do not have a port but when I have my picc line I just put a towel on my chest so there is more cusion. Otherwise, if you have the FLutter you can use that.

Feel better!

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Maybe ask your doc or homehealthcare how you can still use the Vest. I do not have a port but when I have my picc line I just put a towel on my chest so there is more cusion. Otherwise, if you have the FLutter you can use that.

Feel better!

Giggles

Feel better!

Giggles

Feel better!

Giggles

<br />
<br />
<br />Feel better!
<br />
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

robertsmith1390

im a rt with a brother and sister that have cf. there is a new vest (what you wear, not the machine) that straps around you from right under the arm pits, so there are no shoulder straps to get in the way. i would see if you get one of those from your clinic or i will use the complete acapella (the one you can boil after use) or the PEP, or flutter or manual CPT. I would keep doing some sort of airway clearance for sure.

robertsmith1390

im a rt with a brother and sister that have cf. there is a new vest (what you wear, not the machine) that straps around you from right under the arm pits, so there are no shoulder straps to get in the way. i would see if you get one of those from your clinic or i will use the complete acapella (the one you can boil after use) or the PEP, or flutter or manual CPT. I would keep doing some sort of airway clearance for sure.

robertsmith1390

robertsmith1390

robertsmith1390