Dont think I can get pregnet

torilovex089

Im Tori, I'm 20 years old. I was diagnosed with CF at 4 and currently, I guess you could say, I'm doing okay. My PFT's are slowly dropping though.. they are in the low to mid 60's as of now. My sinuses seem to be what is giving me the most problems and the phuedomonis from my sinuses is constantly draining into my lungs causing me to be on very frequent IV antibiotics. I also have a button to help me maintain my weight. I currently have a boyfriend who I have been with for about 3 years. I have been thinking about wanting to have a baby. I know I am still pretty young but I have all the support I would need on raising a child. I am just worried the longer I wait the harder it would be to be a mom. I am worried if I was to become pregnet my health would be jeopordized. Also, I don't know how I would even be able to be pregnet and still have a peg tube!??? Me and my boyfriend never use protection because I am almost convinced I cannot become pregnat. We have been active for 2 years and nothing..... Anybody with ANY kind of advice.. please write me! Thankyou much =)

torilovex089

Im Tori, I'm 20 years old. I was diagnosed with CF at 4 and currently, I guess you could say, I'm doing okay. My PFT's are slowly dropping though.. they are in the low to mid 60's as of now. My sinuses seem to be what is giving me the most problems and the phuedomonis from my sinuses is constantly draining into my lungs causing me to be on very frequent IV antibiotics. I also have a button to help me maintain my weight. I currently have a boyfriend who I have been with for about 3 years. I have been thinking about wanting to have a baby. I know I am still pretty young but I have all the support I would need on raising a child. I am just worried the longer I wait the harder it would be to be a mom. I am worried if I was to become pregnet my health would be jeopordized. Also, I don't know how I would even be able to be pregnet and still have a peg tube!??? Me and my boyfriend never use protection because I am almost convinced I cannot become pregnat. We have been active for 2 years and nothing..... Anybody with ANY kind of advice.. please write me! Thankyou much =)

torilovex089

torilovex089

torilovex089

Asexyblond23

Hi Victoria,

My first thing of advice would be to talk to your doctor about it. They will be able to tell you the best what they think and how they think your body will be able to handle a pregnancy. That was my first step when I was thinking about becoming pregnant.

Asexyblond23

Hi Victoria,

My first thing of advice would be to talk to your doctor about it. They will be able to tell you the best what they think and how they think your body will be able to handle a pregnancy. That was my first step when I was thinking about becoming pregnant.

Asexyblond23

Hi Victoria,

Asexyblond23

Hi Victoria,

Asexyblond23

Hi Victoria,
<br />
<br />My first thing of advice would be to talk to your doctor about it. They will be able to tell you the best what they think and how they think your body will be able to handle a pregnancy. That was my first step when I was thinking about becoming pregnant.
<br />
<br />

mamaScarlett

Hi, I can definitely relate to what you are going through.
I thought my whole life that being a mom would be impossible for me.
The dangers of pregnancy and Cf are very real. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor openly about how you feel, and your hopes for the future about being a mom. And take control of your health-make being healthy and upping your pfts your #1 priority. -before you are a mom.
In my late teens and early 20s my #s hovered in the 50s and 60s. Then I accepted my Cf, decided what I wanted in life and took charge of health with compliance and lots of other things. Now I have pfts around 70s-am considered pretty healthy and have a 2 yr old daughter.
Sometimes you can't get your pfts up-but if you can work hard to stay healthy and out of the hosp, thats a big accomplishment.
I wouldn't give up on your hopes of being a mom. And def don't assume that your current health is the best it will ever be.
To have a successful pregnancy and be a healthy mom with Cf (b/c often its not the pregnancy that is the danger, its afterwards!)-you really have to have a good cf care team that works with you.
Wish you the best!

mamaScarlett

The dangers of pregnancy and Cf are very real. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor openly about how you feel, and your hopes for the future about being a mom. And take control of your health-make being healthy and upping your pfts your #1 priority. -before you are a mom.
In my late teens and early 20s my #s hovered in the 50s and 60s. Then I accepted my Cf, decided what I wanted in life and took charge of health with compliance and lots of other things. Now I have pfts around 70s-am considered pretty healthy and have a 2 yr old daughter.
Sometimes you can't get your pfts up-but if you can work hard to stay healthy and out of the hosp, thats a big accomplishment.
I wouldn't give up on your hopes of being a mom. And def don't assume that your current health is the best it will ever be.
To have a successful pregnancy and be a healthy mom with Cf (b/c often its not the pregnancy that is the danger, its afterwards!)-you really have to have a good cf care team that works with you.
Wish you the best!

mamaScarlett

Wish you the best!

mamaScarlett

Wish you the best!

mamaScarlett

<br />I thought my whole life that being a mom would be impossible for me.
<br />The dangers of pregnancy and Cf are very real. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor openly about how you feel, and your hopes for the future about being a mom. And take control of your health-make being healthy and upping your pfts your #1 priority. -before you are a mom.
<br />In my late teens and early 20s my #s hovered in the 50s and 60s. Then I accepted my Cf, decided what I wanted in life and took charge of health with compliance and lots of other things. Now I have pfts around 70s-am considered pretty healthy and have a 2 yr old daughter.
<br />Sometimes you can't get your pfts up-but if you can work hard to stay healthy and out of the hosp, thats a big accomplishment.
<br />I wouldn't give up on your hopes of being a mom. And def don't assume that your current health is the best it will ever be.
<br />To have a successful pregnancy and be a healthy mom with Cf (b/c often its not the pregnancy that is the danger, its afterwards!)-you really have to have a good cf care team that works with you.
<br />Wish you the best!