drinking alcohol

BlueBeam

why do i feel like most of you have never actually lived?

i often drink in excess and i pull myself the next day.. this is called a 'hangover' in normal people's terms.

Granted we all have different mutations, but i cannot relate to most of these posts. I just can't.

BlueBeam

i often drink in excess and i pull myself the next day.. this is called a 'hangover' in normal people's terms.

Granted we all have different mutations, but i cannot relate to most of these posts. I just can't.

BlueBeam

<br />
<br />i often drink in excess and i pull myself the next day.. this is called a 'hangover' in normal people's terms.
<br />
<br />Granted we all have different mutations, but i cannot relate to most of these posts. I just can't.

B

bethylove

I'm kinda with theLostMiller, if I drink lots of water, and not skip any treatments I usually feel fine the next day after 1 or two drinks.

That said one night when I had some mixed drinks with vodka, I woke up later that week feeling paralyzed. (think arthritis on CRACK) I immediately went to the ER since it hurt my spine to breathe, couldn't walk, could barely talk due to my jaw joint hurting etc. They took lab levels and NOTHING WAS WRONG (or so they said...) I had adema in both legs, hands and every joint in my body was stiff, swollen, and red (including a rash all up my legs); some joints were locked and I couldn't move them no matter what I tried. Excruciatingly painful. It lasted over a week! I finally saw my rhumotologist - who couldn't explain my elevated levels (5 days later- so much for my 'emergency appointment') and they were over three times what they should have been.. and I was feeling BETTER!ugh. he "chalked it up to 'a normal arthritic episode'" *rolls eyes* Clearly there was nothing normal about it but since he didn't have answers he 'chalked it up' -- true statement-- to arthritis. I blame the vodka. Ever since that haven't touched a drink, except for a glass of wine around the 4th of july.

As much as I like alcohol (reasonably, responsibly and occasionally speaking) -- I have a FEAR of waking up paralyzed the next day, so I steer clear.

If it makes it harder to breathe, cough, move, etc., no matter how much your tongue might enjoy it, your body is giving you signs that it doesn't! My lesson is learned.

B

bethylove

I'm kinda with theLostMiller, if I drink lots of water, and not skip any treatments I usually feel fine the next day after 1 or two drinks.

That said one night when I had some mixed drinks with vodka, I woke up later that week feeling paralyzed. (think arthritis on CRACK) I immediately went to the ER since it hurt my spine to breathe, couldn't walk, could barely talk due to my jaw joint hurting etc. They took lab levels and NOTHING WAS WRONG (or so they said...) I had adema in both legs, hands and every joint in my body was stiff, swollen, and red (including a rash all up my legs); some joints were locked and I couldn't move them no matter what I tried. Excruciatingly painful. It lasted over a week! I finally saw my rhumotologist - who couldn't explain my elevated levels (5 days later- so much for my 'emergency appointment') and they were over three times what they should have been.. and I was feeling BETTER!ugh. he "chalked it up to 'a normal arthritic episode'" *rolls eyes* Clearly there was nothing normal about it but since he didn't have answers he 'chalked it up' -- true statement-- to arthritis. I blame the vodka. Ever since that haven't touched a drink, except for a glass of wine around the 4th of july.

As much as I like alcohol (reasonably, responsibly and occasionally speaking) -- I have a FEAR of waking up paralyzed the next day, so I steer clear.

If it makes it harder to breathe, cough, move, etc., no matter how much your tongue might enjoy it, your body is giving you signs that it doesn't! My lesson is learned.

B

bethylove

<br />
<br />That said one night when I had some mixed drinks with vodka, I woke up later that week feeling paralyzed. (think arthritis on CRACK) I immediately went to the ER since it hurt my spine to breathe, couldn't walk, could barely talk due to my jaw joint hurting etc. They took lab levels and NOTHING WAS WRONG (or so they said...) I had adema in both legs, hands and every joint in my body was stiff, swollen, and red (including a rash all up my legs); some joints were locked and I couldn't move them no matter what I tried. Excruciatingly painful. It lasted over a week! I finally saw my rhumotologist - who couldn't explain my elevated levels (5 days later- so much for my 'emergency appointment') and they were over three times what they should have been.. and I was feeling BETTER!ugh. he "chalked it up to 'a normal arthritic episode'" *rolls eyes* Clearly there was nothing normal about it but since he didn't have answers he 'chalked it up' -- true statement-- to arthritis. I blame the vodka. Ever since that haven't touched a drink, except for a glass of wine around the 4th of july.
<br />
<br />As much as I like alcohol (reasonably, responsibly and occasionally speaking) -- I have a FEAR of waking up paralyzed the next day, so I steer clear.
<br />
<br />If it makes it harder to breathe, cough, move, etc., no matter how much your tongue might enjoy it, your body is giving you signs that it doesn't! My lesson is learned.

Madsmith

<div>I have very diverse responses to different types of alcohol consumed.  Even within the category of "beer" there are several that make me feel really tight and inflamed (bud heavy, miller highlife, some strong IPAs), and others that do so to a lesser degree (stouts, porters).  I've been trying to figure out the common denominator for a while, but haven't had a ton of luck.  Wine seems to be in between, and hard liquor such as whiskey seems to cause the least effects.  </div><div><br></div><div>The dehydration hypothesis makes some sense, but my feeling is more inflamed than dehydrated, but perhaps these two are related.  Or perhaps I have some allergy to the yeast or other ingredients in beer.</div><div><br></div><div>I very much enjoy drinking, and it is a huge part of my work culture.  But my PFT's have dropped quite a bit as I've been drinking more the last couple of years (I ask about my liver enzymes at every clinic!).  So, just in the last couple of weeks I've really tried to slow things down, and I do indeed feel much better.  This sounds silly, but I've been practicing saying 'no' to friends when we go out, and it's really not as hard as I figured.  Drinking isn't good for me, and I've got so much left to do, so laying off seems worth it.  In full disclosure, I wrote this message while drinking a glass of whiskey.</div>

Madsmith

I have very diverse responses to different types of alcohol consumed. Even within the category of "beer" there are several that make me feel really tight and inflamed (bud heavy, miller highlife, some strong IPAs), and others that do so to a lesser degree (stouts, porters). I've been trying to figure out the common denominator for a while, but haven't had a ton of luck. Wine seems to be in between, and hard liquor such as whiskey seems to cause the least effects. <br>The dehydration hypothesis makes some sense, but my feeling is more inflamed than dehydrated, but perhaps these two are related. Or perhaps I have some allergy to the yeast or other ingredients in beer.<br>I very much enjoy drinking, and it is a huge part of my work culture. But my PFT's have dropped quite a bit as I've been drinking more the last couple of years (I ask about my liver enzymes at every clinic!). So, just in the last couple of weeks I've really tried to slow things down, and I do indeed feel much better. This sounds silly, but I've been practicing saying 'no' to friends when we go out, and it's really not as hard as I figured. Drinking isn't good for me, and I've got so much left to do, so laying off seems worth it. In full disclosure, I wrote this message while drinking a glass of whiskey.

Madsmith

I have very diverse responses to different types of alcohol consumed. Even within the category of "beer" there are several that make me feel really tight and inflamed (bud heavy, miller highlife, some strong IPAs), and others that do so to a lesser degree (stouts, porters). I've been trying to figure out the common denominator for a while, but haven't had a ton of luck. Wine seems to be in between, and hard liquor such as whiskey seems to cause the least effects. <br>The dehydration hypothesis makes some sense, but my feeling is more inflamed than dehydrated, but perhaps these two are related. Or perhaps I have some allergy to the yeast or other ingredients in beer.<br>I very much enjoy drinking, and it is a huge part of my work culture. But my PFT's have dropped quite a bit as I've been drinking more the last couple of years (I ask about my liver enzymes at every clinic!). So, just in the last couple of weeks I've really tried to slow things down, and I do indeed feel much better. This sounds silly, but I've been practicing saying 'no' to friends when we go out, and it's really not as hard as I figured. Drinking isn't good for me, and I've got so much left to do, so laying off seems worth it. In full disclosure, I wrote this message while drinking a glass of whiskey.

Madsmith

<div>I have very diverse responses to different types of alcohol consumed.  Even within the category of "beer" there are several that make me feel really tight and inflamed (bud heavy, miller highlife, some strong IPAs), and others that do so to a lesser degree (stouts, porters).  I've been trying to figure out the common denominator for a while, but haven't had a ton of luck.  Wine seems to be in between, and hard liquor such as whiskey seems to cause the least effects.  </div><div><br></div><div>The dehydration hypothesis makes some sense, but my feeling is more inflamed than dehydrated, but perhaps these two are related.  Or perhaps I have some allergy to the yeast or other ingredients in beer.</div><div><br></div><div>I very much enjoy drinking, and it is a huge part of my work culture.  But my PFT's have dropped quite a bit as I've been drinking more the last couple of years (I ask about my liver enzymes at every clinic!).  So, just in the last couple of weeks I've really tried to slow things down, and I do indeed feel much better.  This sounds silly, but I've been practicing saying 'no' to friends when we go out, and it's really not as hard as I figured.  Drinking isn't good for me, and I've got so much left to do, so laying off seems worth it.  In full disclosure, I wrote this message while drinking a glass of whiskey.</div>

Madsmith

Madsmith