Dry Air

mamax3

I was wondering if using a humidifier would be a good thing for my little one, she is only 7-1/2 months old and right now has a cold and can not breathe very well thru her nose and her breathing is harder than usual. I have noticed that when the heater kicks on that she seems to cough a little more than with out it on but it has been sooo cold that we have to keep it semi-warm in the house. Please share your thoughts regarding this, thanks.

Jamie - mom to Lexis 11 w/o cf, Chandler 6 w/o cf and Avery 7-1/2 mo. w/ cf

mamax3

I was wondering if using a humidifier would be a good thing for my little one, she is only 7-1/2 months old and right now has a cold and can not breathe very well thru her nose and her breathing is harder than usual. I have noticed that when the heater kicks on that she seems to cough a little more than with out it on but it has been sooo cold that we have to keep it semi-warm in the house. Please share your thoughts regarding this, thanks.

mamax3

mamax3

mamax3

<br />
<br />Jamie - mom to Lexis 11 w/o cf, Chandler 6 w/o cf and Avery 7-1/2 mo. w/ cf

Gnome

We live in a cold dry climate too (the prairies) and asked our doctor about humidifiers. She nixed it saying that they sometimes grow bacteria which can grow in Cfers lungs.

I have saline solution which I sometimes use if my kids noses get dry.

Gnome

We live in a cold dry climate too (the prairies) and asked our doctor about humidifiers. She nixed it saying that they sometimes grow bacteria which can grow in Cfers lungs.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

<br />
<br />I have saline solution which I sometimes use if my kids noses get dry.

MicheleGazelle

I don't like humidifiers. I used one when I lived in Kansas years before I was dx-ed). It was a nightmare to keep it clean. I ultimate gave it away.

I now find that getting enough sea salt makes me tolerate dry air better than I used to. I also no longer wilt in the heat like I used to.

MicheleGazelle

I don't like humidifiers. I used one when I lived in Kansas years before I was dx-ed). It was a nightmare to keep it clean. I ultimate gave it away.

I now find that getting enough sea salt makes me tolerate dry air better than I used to. I also no longer wilt in the heat like I used to.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />I now find that getting enough sea salt makes me tolerate dry air better than I used to. I also no longer wilt in the heat like I used to.