Dry Cough

sdavis227

Parker's cough has been dry lately. This is the first time he has had a dry cough and one time this evening it seemed as if he was gasping for air while coughing. He has a viral infection right now, but other than that and a small fever today seems fine (only coughing maybe once every other hour). Anyone have any ideas? First winter with CF and I'm terrified.

sdavis227

Parker's cough has been dry lately. This is the first time he has had a dry cough and one time this evening it seemed as if he was gasping for air while coughing. He has a viral infection right now, but other than that and a small fever today seems fine (only coughing maybe once every other hour). Anyone have any ideas? First winter with CF and I'm terrified.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

First, try to relax! Sometimes our kids to get the common cold and yes, they do get rid of it on their own. Trust your instinct tomorrow. If his cough has increased in sound or frequency, call your clinic. If you are still only hearing a dry cough every couple of hours, and you already know he's fighting a viral infection, I'd wait it out a few more days before calling. But definitely call if symptoms worsen before then!

Unfortunately, that's part of the guessing game with this disease..When do I call the doctor?...Is this something I should be concerned about?...We have all been there. Try to remember that there is really no question you can't ask your clinic. They have heard them all and they are prepared to answer them all! And...they have dealt with every one of us on this board as new moms trying to figure out this crazy disease! Good luck and I hope everyone in your home can get a good night's sleep tonight.

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

First, try to relax! Sometimes our kids to get the common cold and yes, they do get rid of it on their own. Trust your instinct tomorrow. If his cough has increased in sound or frequency, call your clinic. If you are still only hearing a dry cough every couple of hours, and you already know he's fighting a viral infection, I'd wait it out a few more days before calling. But definitely call if symptoms worsen before then!

Unfortunately, that's part of the guessing game with this disease..When do I call the doctor?...Is this something I should be concerned about?...We have all been there. Try to remember that there is really no question you can't ask your clinic. They have heard them all and they are prepared to answer them all! And...they have dealt with every one of us on this board as new moms trying to figure out this crazy disease! Good luck and I hope everyone in your home can get a good night's sleep tonight.

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

T

TonyaH

Hi Shannon,

SHUZEN

It sounds like he is suffering heavy "STRESS", What's needed!

Oil in his diet!

Drink much more, but not just water...soups!

Make sure he is a little warmer at night, and while asleep, make sure that his shoulders are kept warm!

This type of cough can be the cause of too much negativity! especially around children!

Remember this! CF Sufferers need a quiet environment but at the same time, an environment, which allows them the opportunity to express themselves at any time without recieving too much negitivity in return for their thoughts!

SHUZEN

Oil in his diet!

Make sure he is a little warmer at night, and while asleep, make sure that his shoulders are kept warm!

This type of cough can be the cause of too much negativity! especially around children!

Remember this! CF Sufferers need a quiet environment but at the same time, an environment, which allows them the opportunity to express themselves at any time without recieving too much negitivity in return for their thoughts!

SHUZEN

Oil in his diet!

SHUZEN

Oil in his diet!

SHUZEN

Oil in his diet!

sdavis227

Just wanted to let everyone know for future reference that I called our clinic and the coordnator said that she would expect the dry cough due to the virus that has been lurking around here. She said to still up the CPT and albuterol.

sdavis227

Just wanted to let everyone know for future reference that I called our clinic and the coordnator said that she would expect the dry cough due to the virus that has been lurking around here. She said to still up the CPT and albuterol.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227