E-flow

Zara

Im just wondering how everybody sterilises their e-flow nebulise and also how they clean it after each use.

i just got one today so am new to it, gotta say i love how fast it is!

Zara

Im just wondering how everybody sterilises their e-flow nebulise and also how they clean it after each use.

Zara

Zara

Zara

<br />
<br />i just got one today so am new to it, gotta say i love how fast it is!

jaimers

Super Moderator
i probably don't do that great of a job....actually i know i don't but here's what i do:
-wash all part with Dawn liquid dish soap after each use and then i soak the aerosol head in alcohol overnight usually. i have to aerosol heads that i rotate so i always have a clean one ready. after washing the rest of the neb parts i let them airdry on a clean paper towel.
maybe once i week i run the rest of the neb through the dishwasher on the top rack.

again, probably not the most effective at killing germs but thats my routine...

jaimers

Super Moderator
i probably don't do that great of a job....actually i know i don't but here's what i do:
-wash all part with Dawn liquid dish soap after each use and then i soak the aerosol head in alcohol overnight usually. i have to aerosol heads that i rotate so i always have a clean one ready. after washing the rest of the neb parts i let them airdry on a clean paper towel.
maybe once i week i run the rest of the neb through the dishwasher on the top rack.

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />-wash all part with Dawn liquid dish soap after each use and then i soak the aerosol head in alcohol overnight usually. i have to aerosol heads that i rotate so i always have a clean one ready. after washing the rest of the neb parts i let them airdry on a clean paper towel.
<br />maybe once i week i run the rest of the neb through the dishwasher on the top rack.
<br />
<br />again, probably not the most effective at killing germs but thats my routine...

Skye

I rinse all the parts under running water for about 10 seconds and then swish each in a bowl of warm water with liquid soap and rinse again. NOTE: DO NOT use antibacterial soap or any soap with color....only use clear liquid. The antibacterial builds up a film on it that is bad over time. I then let air dry. I then soak in respiratory cleaner for 10 minutes a couple of times a week. This was per study directions. I ADDED soaking the aerosol head in alcohol at all times because I found if I did not the time just kept increasing. This is the step that will keep the time down for you.

Skye

I rinse all the parts under running water for about 10 seconds and then swish each in a bowl of warm water with liquid soap and rinse again. NOTE: DO NOT use antibacterial soap or any soap with color....only use clear liquid. The antibacterial builds up a film on it that is bad over time. I then let air dry. I then soak in respiratory cleaner for 10 minutes a couple of times a week. This was per study directions. I ADDED soaking the aerosol head in alcohol at all times because I found if I did not the time just kept increasing. This is the step that will keep the time down for you.

Skye

Skye

Skye

mlshllmn

One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?

mlshllmn

One of the guys at Pharmaceutical Specialties (where I got my Eflow) explained to me how important it is to sterilize the nebulizer after each use. He said that tap water contains Pseudamonas bacteria. This means you could be breathing in bacteria if you rinse your equipment with water from the faucet. He recommended washing all the pieces including the aerosol head with warm soapy water (Joy dish washing liquid works well) then rinsing under the faucet. The important part is next, soaking all the pieces in alcohol for 5 minutes. Afterwards rinse with water that has been boiled. Let dry on a paper towel. Sometimes I just boil my equipment instead of soaking in alcohol, but I don't know if that is good for the equipment. Since I have been sterilizing it seems like I have had less infections. It does take more time cleaning everything. Does anyone else do this?

mlshllmn

mlshllmn

mlshllmn