E-flow

ladybug

as you can see, there are different ways everyone cleans and disinfects their e-flow... i actually did a survey for the company right before i sent mine back via webcam and explained to them that there MUST be consistency as to how companies tell their people to clean/disinfect this thing! there doesn't seem to be the "standard" that goes into cleaning/disinfecting PARI parts since whichever e-flow company you go through seems to have their own version of how to do things. not good imo and this is part of the reason i just didn't want it... aside from taking WAY to many steps to clean/disinfect.

if everyone is told a different way they can/can't do it, which way is right??? and which way is actually disinfecting??? how do we know if we're all told and are doing something slightly different?

ladybug

as you can see, there are different ways everyone cleans and disinfects their e-flow... i actually did a survey for the company right before i sent mine back via webcam and explained to them that there MUST be consistency as to how companies tell their people to clean/disinfect this thing! there doesn't seem to be the "standard" that goes into cleaning/disinfecting PARI parts since whichever e-flow company you go through seems to have their own version of how to do things. not good imo and this is part of the reason i just didn't want it... aside from taking WAY to many steps to clean/disinfect.

if everyone is told a different way they can/can't do it, which way is right??? and which way is actually disinfecting??? how do we know if we're all told and are doing something slightly different?

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />if everyone is told a different way they can/can't do it, which way is right??? and which way is actually disinfecting??? how do we know if we're all told and are doing something slightly different?

point

My eFlow and cleaning instructions came from Foundation Care. I was told to wash the eflow immediately after every use.

First rinse all parts with warm water for 10 seconds. Then the aerosal head is cleaned w/ sterile or distilled water and dish soap in a container, shaking gently for 2 min. Then rinsed w/ sterile or distilled water. The rest of the parts are then also cleaned in the conatiner (after removing the aerosal head) with sterile or distilled water/soap for 2 minutes, and rinsed w/ sterile or distilled water. The aerosal head is always stored in 70% alcohol when not in use and also should air dry before using it in the eFlow. The other parts air dried.

Once a week, after the usual cleaning, all parts are boiled in sterile water for 5 minutes.

point

My eFlow and cleaning instructions came from Foundation Care. I was told to wash the eflow immediately after every use.

First rinse all parts with warm water for 10 seconds. Then the aerosal head is cleaned w/ sterile or distilled water and dish soap in a container, shaking gently for 2 min. Then rinsed w/ sterile or distilled water. The rest of the parts are then also cleaned in the conatiner (after removing the aerosal head) with sterile or distilled water/soap for 2 minutes, and rinsed w/ sterile or distilled water. The aerosal head is always stored in 70% alcohol when not in use and also should air dry before using it in the eFlow. The other parts air dried.

Once a week, after the usual cleaning, all parts are boiled in sterile water for 5 minutes.

point

point

point

<br />
<br />First rinse all parts with warm water for 10 seconds. Then the aerosal head is cleaned w/ sterile or distilled water and dish soap in a container, shaking gently for 2 min. Then rinsed w/ sterile or distilled water. The rest of the parts are then also cleaned in the conatiner (after removing the aerosal head) with sterile or distilled water/soap for 2 minutes, and rinsed w/ sterile or distilled water. The aerosal head is always stored in 70% alcohol when not in use and also should air dry before using it in the eFlow. The other parts air dried.
<br />
<br />Once a week, after the usual cleaning, all parts are boiled in sterile water for 5 minutes.

L

littlemisssilly

Hi Everyone,

I have had the e flow for over 2 years now and yes, I boil after each use. I boil the metal part as well, I always have, that is how the distributers here in Australia explained it to me.

I rinse the parts firstly in mild soapy hot water, then I boil all parts in demineralised water for about 5 mins. To save time, I start the demineralised water to boil whilst I'm using the e flow, then when my nebs are done, the water is already on the boil and that saves me time.

The e flow is high maintainence from the cleaning aspect but, I've never had a problem with boiling the metal part or other parts of the e flow (mind you, I'm careful not to boil for too long).

L

littlemisssilly

Hi Everyone,

I have had the e flow for over 2 years now and yes, I boil after each use. I boil the metal part as well, I always have, that is how the distributers here in Australia explained it to me.

I rinse the parts firstly in mild soapy hot water, then I boil all parts in demineralised water for about 5 mins. To save time, I start the demineralised water to boil whilst I'm using the e flow, then when my nebs are done, the water is already on the boil and that saves me time.

The e flow is high maintainence from the cleaning aspect but, I've never had a problem with boiling the metal part or other parts of the e flow (mind you, I'm careful not to boil for too long).

L

littlemisssilly

Hi Everyone,

L

littlemisssilly

Hi Everyone,

L

littlemisssilly

Hi Everyone,
<br />
<br />I have had the e flow for over 2 years now and yes, I boil after each use. I boil the metal part as well, I always have, that is how the distributers here in Australia explained it to me.
<br />
<br />I rinse the parts firstly in mild soapy hot water, then I boil all parts in demineralised water for about 5 mins. To save time, I start the demineralised water to boil whilst I'm using the e flow, then when my nebs are done, the water is already on the boil and that saves me time.
<br />
<br />The e flow is high maintainence from the cleaning aspect but, I've never had a problem with boiling the metal part or other parts of the e flow (mind you, I'm careful not to boil for too long).