eFlow and Tobra

blondelawyer

We are having continued discussions with our CF doctor about using tobra in the eFlow. Initially the clinic told us that we couldn't use them together period. But, we had a very long chat with our CF doctor yesterday and she is still concerned, but isn't going to tell my husband not to use the tobra via eFlow. She is also going to a conference in Ireland and is going to talk to the other doctors there about what they do for this, etc. One of her concerns is knowing the proper dosage to give in the eFlow. What dosage did your doctor prescribe? Also, what doctor/clinic prescribed it for you? (Feel free to PM me instead of posting if you feel more comfortable with that--I hestitated to post this for some reason, but really want to have as much info when we go back to her as possible).

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

blondelawyer

We are having continued discussions with our CF doctor about using tobra in the eFlow. Initially the clinic told us that we couldn't use them together period. But, we had a very long chat with our CF doctor yesterday and she is still concerned, but isn't going to tell my husband not to use the tobra via eFlow. She is also going to a conference in Ireland and is going to talk to the other doctors there about what they do for this, etc. One of her concerns is knowing the proper dosage to give in the eFlow. What dosage did your doctor prescribe? Also, what doctor/clinic prescribed it for you? (Feel free to PM me instead of posting if you feel more comfortable with that--I hestitated to post this for some reason, but really want to have as much info when we go back to her as possible).

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

blondelawyer

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

blondelawyer

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

blondelawyer

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

rubyroselee

Hi there,

With the eFlow, you can only use medications and dosages that are supplied specifically for the eFlow. Which means, you can't use TOBI in the eFlow, only a specialized mix of tobramycin that's made for the eFlow. It's a little bit different mixture that's less potent. Other meds can be used in it too, but they have to be in the correct dosages (which are different than you would use for a reguar neb machine).

I order all my eFlow meds through IV Solutions in Texas. They supply my eFlow as well.
<hr>
Leah 26 w/CF, RN, 9 weeks pregnant, mom

rubyroselee

Hi there,

With the eFlow, you can only use medications and dosages that are supplied specifically for the eFlow. Which means, you can't use TOBI in the eFlow, only a specialized mix of tobramycin that's made for the eFlow. It's a little bit different mixture that's less potent. Other meds can be used in it too, but they have to be in the correct dosages (which are different than you would use for a reguar neb machine).

I order all my eFlow meds through IV Solutions in Texas. They supply my eFlow as well.
<hr>

rubyroselee

Hi there,

<hr>

rubyroselee

Hi there,

<hr>

rubyroselee

Hi there,

<hr>

Pinky

My doctor just gave me a prescription for the eFlow today. He had the same concerns as far as dosage. He said Albuterol and Hypertonic saline are probably safe, just to try a very small dose to begin (such as 1/4 of the recommended amount).

He was concerned about Pulmozyme and Tobi though. He recommended not using them until testing was done to figure out doses. These two drugs can VERY toxic if you inhale to much.

Pinky

My doctor just gave me a prescription for the eFlow today. He had the same concerns as far as dosage. He said Albuterol and Hypertonic saline are probably safe, just to try a very small dose to begin (such as 1/4 of the recommended amount).

He was concerned about Pulmozyme and Tobi though. He recommended not using them until testing was done to figure out doses. These two drugs can VERY toxic if you inhale to much.

Pinky

Pinky

Pinky

jaimers

Super Moderator
my doc told me not to use tobi in the eflow because you end up getting too much since the eflow makes the droplets so small. i don't think i asked them about doing pulmozyme in the eflow-i just do it in my regular neb since it doesn't take that long anyway but i've done it in the eflow in a pinch (like when my proneb died suddenly i couldn't get another one for a couple days.)

jaimers

Super Moderator
my doc told me not to use tobi in the eflow because you end up getting too much since the eflow makes the droplets so small. i don't think i asked them about doing pulmozyme in the eflow-i just do it in my regular neb since it doesn't take that long anyway but i've done it in the eflow in a pinch (like when my proneb died suddenly i couldn't get another one for a couple days.)

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator