eFlow Rapid

NoExcuses

For anyone who has a PARI eFlow Rapid, I have a few questions for you:

1. Do you know how much the cash price is?

2. Do you use pulmozyme with it? if so, do you use the dose that you used with your other compressor or do you use a smaller dose?

3. Do you use TOBI with it, or tobramycin?

4. Do you use Hypertonic Salene with it?

5. What about Mucomyst? Do you use that with your eFlow?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

NoExcuses

2. Do you use pulmozyme with it? if so, do you use the dose that you used with your other compressor or do you use a smaller dose?

NoExcuses

Tom

Amy,

We have the eFlow and have used it with tobramycin (not TOBI). We have also used it for inhaled GSH. We did not have to pay for the eFlow. It came from IV Solutions and the replacement price was listed as $1800.00.

Tom

Tom

Amy,

We have the eFlow and have used it with tobramycin (not TOBI). We have also used it for inhaled GSH. We did not have to pay for the eFlow. It came from IV Solutions and the replacement price was listed as $1800.00.

Tom

Tom

Amy,

Tom

NoExcuses

Thanks for your reply, Tom.

Are you in the US or abroad? If you're in the US, I'm curious how you got your insurance to pay for it and what type of insurance you have.

Thanks again!

NoExcuses

Are you in the US or abroad? If you're in the US, I'm curious how you got your insurance to pay for it and what type of insurance you have.

Thanks again!

NoExcuses

Thanks again!

stressed

we are in the US and have the eflow we do pulmozyme, tobramycin, hypertonic saline, and colistin in it , all but pulmozyme are smaller doses that we order from the pharmacy that we got the eflow from. and replacement cost is about $1800.00

stressed

we are in the US and have the eflow we do pulmozyme, tobramycin, hypertonic saline, and colistin in it , all but pulmozyme are smaller doses that we order from the pharmacy that we got the eflow from. and replacement cost is about $1800.00

stressed

littletally

hello,
I got my eflow through a study that I'm doing and I was told I could only use it for the study drug and nothing else. I live in the US and from what I've read on here the US version is different than the UK version or whatever version it is. As for the insurance thing sorry I can't help.
Nikk
26/f/cf

littletally

hello,
I got my eflow through a study that I'm doing and I was told I could only use it for the study drug and nothing else. I live in the US and from what I've read on here the US version is different than the UK version or whatever version it is. As for the insurance thing sorry I can't help.
Nikk
26/f/cf

littletally

hello,
Nikk
26/f/cf

Bumblebee

I wonder if there was anyway of you getting the european one.
 The european ones comes with a transformer plug with ALL
types of plug attachments.  I;m using it in America just fine.
 I think it retails at about 5 hundred pounds (not sure) so
about $1000?.  It is licensed to do TOBI and pulmozyme.
 The jury is still out on colistin but i know plenty of people
who neb it anyway through the eflow. <br>
Then again this might be a stupid idea - you might not be able to
get the european people to ship it to you and provide replacements
parts.  I think they recommend replacement heads for different
drugs so that might get expensive?<br>
Something to look into?<br>
Don't know why the american one seems so expensive?<br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

xxxx

Bumblebee

xxxx

NoExcuses

Great! Thanks you guys.

I have found SourceCF, and subdivision of PARI.

Apparently the eFlow is approved by the FDA in the US for use with only CF patients. This is why the eFlow doesn't appear on the US PARI website.

There are only 3 pharmacies in the US that cary the eFlow. Some insurances do cover the eFlow.

PARI people cannot talk about in vitro or in vivo studies that have been done with the eFlow and specific drugs. The pharmacists who work at the 3 pharmacies that cary the eFlow can, however. Apparently these are FDA rules.

So i will get in touch with this special pharmacist who apparently can talk to me about studies that have been done with the eFlow. I have a feeling they aren't very extensive. But I bet many studies have been performed overseas.

So I'll keep you all posted on what I come across. I'm shocked, once again, that my doc didn't inform me that this was a possibility for treatment.

NoExcuses

Great! Thanks you guys.

I have found SourceCF, and subdivision of PARI.

Apparently the eFlow is approved by the FDA in the US for use with only CF patients. This is why the eFlow doesn't appear on the US PARI website.

There are only 3 pharmacies in the US that cary the eFlow. Some insurances do cover the eFlow.

PARI people cannot talk about in vitro or in vivo studies that have been done with the eFlow and specific drugs. The pharmacists who work at the 3 pharmacies that cary the eFlow can, however. Apparently these are FDA rules.

So i will get in touch with this special pharmacist who apparently can talk to me about studies that have been done with the eFlow. I have a feeling they aren't very extensive. But I bet many studies have been performed overseas.

So I'll keep you all posted on what I come across. I'm shocked, once again, that my doc didn't inform me that this was a possibility for treatment.