Endoscopic Sinus Surgey

sidekickj

Hello All-
Background info...I had sinus surgery a little over two weeks ago and have been suffering ever since. First week after was awful...had horrible time catching my breath let alone just breathing...my pft base is about50% fev1. Does this sound normal. Second week I have experienced a bad cough that feels like horrble drainage of some kind...not a chest rattling cough...but strong enough to make your eyes feel like they're comin out and you might pee your pants! Doctors are not exactly being helpful at the moment, they say to just keep doing airway clearance and ride it out...thanks a lot, right. Has anyone else had a similar experience or maybe some suggestions to an easier recovery? Any input would would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sidekickj

Hello All-
Background info...I had sinus surgery a little over two weeks ago and have been suffering ever since. First week after was awful...had horrible time catching my breath let alone just breathing...my pft base is about50% fev1. Does this sound normal. Second week I have experienced a bad cough that feels like horrble drainage of some kind...not a chest rattling cough...but strong enough to make your eyes feel like they're comin out and you might pee your pants! Doctors are not exactly being helpful at the moment, they say to just keep doing airway clearance and ride it out...thanks a lot, right. Has anyone else had a similar experience or maybe some suggestions to an easier recovery? Any input would would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sidekickj

Hello All-

sidekickj

Hello All-

sidekickj

Hello All-
<br />Background info...I had sinus surgery a little over two weeks ago and have been suffering ever since. First week after was awful...had horrible time catching my breath let alone just breathing...my pft base is about50% fev1. Does this sound normal. Second week I have experienced a bad cough that feels like horrble drainage of some kind...not a chest rattling cough...but strong enough to make your eyes feel like they're comin out and you might pee your pants! Doctors are not exactly being helpful at the moment, they say to just keep doing airway clearance and ride it out...thanks a lot, right. Has anyone else had a similar experience or maybe some suggestions to an easier recovery? Any input would would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kristen

I have not had the exact symptoms you describe, but I felt like crap for a while after both of my sinus surgeries. The first took me like two weeks to recover from. The only tip I have is to take it easy and rest. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Kristen

I have not had the exact symptoms you describe, but I felt like crap for a while after both of my sinus surgeries. The first took me like two weeks to recover from. The only tip I have is to take it easy and rest. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

Spartan936

I've had 10 sinus surgeries. It's taken a long time, but now my sinuses are finally clear, and I'm keeping them that way with daily irrigations with hypertonic saline. My lung function has improved dramatically because I have gotten rid of my sinus infections. I also experienced lots of drainage and lung exacerbations post-surgery. The surgeries are going to make you feel worse for awhile, but they are usually enormously helpful. What's been absolutely essential for me is diligent use of hypertonic saline, several times per day, in both my sinuses and my lungs. If you get your sinuses clear, and keep them clear, your lungs will have a better chance at improving. And remember, sometimes it takes a whole month to feel better after surgery.

Spartan936

I've had 10 sinus surgeries. It's taken a long time, but now my sinuses are finally clear, and I'm keeping them that way with daily irrigations with hypertonic saline. My lung function has improved dramatically because I have gotten rid of my sinus infections. I also experienced lots of drainage and lung exacerbations post-surgery. The surgeries are going to make you feel worse for awhile, but they are usually enormously helpful. What's been absolutely essential for me is diligent use of hypertonic saline, several times per day, in both my sinuses and my lungs. If you get your sinuses clear, and keep them clear, your lungs will have a better chance at improving. And remember, sometimes it takes a whole month to feel better after surgery.

Spartan936

Spartan936

Spartan936

CFkitty

I had sinus surgery exactly a month ago. I had my deviated septum repaired, polyp removal, and reconstruction of the nasal chambers. My surgeon said that the amount of infection in there was in top 5% worst he had ever seen.

At 10 days, I had the packing taken out, and they cleaned out my nose. It was gross and painful but a relief. At the 2 week mark, my eyes, teeth, inside and outside of my nose still hurt. I had a lot of junk still coming out. 30 days out, I still have stuffiness, goo and aching.

I sounds to me like you have a secondary infection.Were you or are you on antibiotics post-op?

I suggest to keep (or start) using the saline spray for your nose, rest, and follow up with your ENT or surgeon at your scheduled appointments.

IT IS a miserable recovery. It's achy, messy and aggravating. But it will get better. Good luck!

CFkitty

I had sinus surgery exactly a month ago. I had my deviated septum repaired, polyp removal, and reconstruction of the nasal chambers. My surgeon said that the amount of infection in there was in top 5% worst he had ever seen.

At 10 days, I had the packing taken out, and they cleaned out my nose. It was gross and painful but a relief. At the 2 week mark, my eyes, teeth, inside and outside of my nose still hurt. I had a lot of junk still coming out. 30 days out, I still have stuffiness, goo and aching.

I sounds to me like you have a secondary infection.Were you or are you on antibiotics post-op?

I suggest to keep (or start) using the saline spray for your nose, rest, and follow up with your ENT or surgeon at your scheduled appointments.

IT IS a miserable recovery. It's achy, messy and aggravating. But it will get better. Good luck!

CFkitty

CFkitty

CFkitty

<br />
<br />At 10 days, I had the packing taken out, and they cleaned out my nose. It was gross and painful but a relief. At the 2 week mark, my eyes, teeth, inside and outside of my nose still hurt. I had a lot of junk still coming out. 30 days out, I still have stuffiness, goo and aching.
<br />
<br />I sounds to me like you have a secondary infection.Were you or are you on antibiotics post-op?
<br />
<br />I suggest to keep (or start) using the saline spray for your nose, rest, and follow up with your ENT or surgeon at your scheduled appointments.
<br />
<br />IT IS a miserable recovery. It's achy, messy and aggravating. But it will get better. Good luck!