enzyme

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">Hello <span class="hps">everyone, I'm <span class="hps">Stefi and <span class="hps">I am a mother <span class="hps">of a <span class="hps">4 year old <span class="hps">child <span class="hps">with <span class="hps">CF<span class="">,<br> <span class="hps">We live <span class="hps">in Italy and <span class="hps">often <span class="hps">read <span class="hps">this forum to <span class="hps">confront <span class="hps">your experiences.<br> <span class="hps">Sorry for the <span class="hps">English <span class="hps">....<br> <span class="hps">T<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">oday <span class="hps">I decided to <span class="hps">ask <span class="hps">information about <span class="hps">a <span class="hps">dose of <span class="hps">Creon<span class="">.<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">There is also <span class="hps">a daily limit <span class="hps">you<span class="">? <span class="hps">in Italy <span class="hps">is 1 <span class="hps">Creon <span class="hps">10000 <span class="hps">Caps <span class="hps">for 1 <span class="hps">kilo<span class="">. <span class="hps">My daughter<span class="">, <span class="hps">who weighs <span class="hps">17 <span class="hps">kilos<span class="">, <span class="hps">can take <span class="hps">up to 17 <span class="hps">caps<span class="">.<br><span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">thank you very much<br>

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">Hello <span class="hps">everyone, I'm <span class="hps">Stefi and <span class="hps">I am a mother <span class="hps">of a <span class="hps">4 year old <span class="hps">child <span class="hps">with <span class="hps">CF<span class="">,<br> <span class="hps">We live <span class="hps">in Italy and <span class="hps">often <span class="hps">read <span class="hps">this forum to <span class="hps">confront <span class="hps">your experiences.<br> <span class="hps">Sorry for the <span class="hps">English <span class="hps">....<br> <span class="hps">T<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">oday <span class="hps">I decided to <span class="hps">ask <span class="hps">information about <span class="hps">a <span class="hps">dose of <span class="hps">Creon<span class="">.<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="hps"><span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">There is also <span class="hps">a daily limit <span class="hps">you<span class="">? <span class="hps">in Italy <span class="hps">is 1 <span class="hps">Creon <span class="hps">10000 <span class="hps">Caps <span class="hps">for 1 <span class="hps">kilo<span class="">. <span class="hps">My daughter<span class="">, <span class="hps">who weighs <span class="hps">17 <span class="hps">kilos<span class="">, <span class="hps">can take <span class="hps">up to 17 <span class="hps">caps<span class="">.<br><span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">thank you very much<br>

stefi74

rubyroselee

Hi Stefi,

I am not sure about the maximum dose for Creon. But they do have higher doses, like Creon 24000 which would mean less pills. Is that an option for her? It seems that 17 pills is a lot for one kid to take at a meal. I take Creon 24000 and only need 3 pills with meals.

rubyroselee

Hi Stefi,

I am not sure about the maximum dose for Creon. But they do have higher doses, like Creon 24000 which would mean less pills. Is that an option for her? It seems that 17 pills is a lot for one kid to take at a meal. I take Creon 24000 and only need 3 pills with meals.

rubyroselee

Hi Stefi,
<br />
<br />I am not sure about the maximum dose for Creon. But they do have higher doses, like Creon 24000 which would mean less pills. Is that an option for her? It seems that 17 pills is a lot for one kid to take at a meal. I take Creon 24000 and only need 3 pills with meals.

Printer

<P>Hi:</P>
<P>I take CREON 24 (24000) and I take 10 with every meal.  For me it was a trial and error search for the proper dosage.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Good luck,</P>
<P>Bill</P>

Printer

<P>Hi:</P>
<P>I take CREON 24 (24000) and I take 10 with every meal. For me it was a trial and error search for the proper dosage.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Good luck,</P>
<P>Bill</P>

Printer

<P><BR>Hi:</P>
<P>I take CREON 24 (24000) and I take 10 with every meal. For me it was a trial and error search for the proper dosage.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Good luck,</P>
<P>Bill</P>

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">the center where <span class="hps">she is receiving treatment<span class="">, <span class="hps">they told me <span class="hps">up <span class="hps">17/18 <span class="hps">capsules per <span class="hps">day.<br> <span class="hps">Not <span class="hps">a meal<span class="">, <span class="hps">I <span class="hps">explained <span class="hps">badly.<br> <span class="hps">A <span class="hps">meal <span class="hps">takes <span class="hps">4 / 5 <span class="hps">capsules of <span class="hps">Creon <span class="hps">10000<span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">I wanted to know <span class="hps">if <span class="hps">you have <span class="hps">a correlation <span class="hps">between weight <span class="hps">and maximum number of <span class="hps">enzymes<span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">thank you very much

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">the center where <span class="hps">she is receiving treatment<span class="">, <span class="hps">they told me <span class="hps">up <span class="hps">17/18 <span class="hps">capsules per <span class="hps">day.<br> <span class="hps">Not <span class="hps">a meal<span class="">, <span class="hps">I <span class="hps">explained <span class="hps">badly.<br> <span class="hps">A <span class="hps">meal <span class="hps">takes <span class="hps">4 / 5 <span class="hps">capsules of <span class="hps">Creon <span class="hps">10000<span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">I wanted to know <span class="hps">if <span class="hps">you have <span class="hps">a correlation <span class="hps">between weight <span class="hps">and maximum number of <span class="hps">enzymes<span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">thank you very much

stefi74

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' isn't determined by weight, but how much he consumes. He's 8. His original prescription for creon 12,000 was 4-5 for meals and 1-2 for snacks; however, he snacks quite a bit, plus he gets a high calorie beverage with meals so it's more like 7-8 for meals and 4-6 for snacks. We've always based # of enzymes on what comes out.

I realized this past winter that popcorn in the movie theater has about 900 calories per cup and I'd only been giving him 4 enzymes and may have given him one or two later on if he dawdled thru his snack, but later that night -- his stools weren't formed at all. So now he starts with 4 and I give him 4 more after about 15 minutes.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' isn't determined by weight, but how much he consumes. He's 8. His original prescription for creon 12,000 was 4-5 for meals and 1-2 for snacks; however, he snacks quite a bit, plus he gets a high calorie beverage with meals so it's more like 7-8 for meals and 4-6 for snacks. We've always based # of enzymes on what comes out.

I realized this past winter that popcorn in the movie theater has about 900 calories per cup and I'd only been giving him 4 enzymes and may have given him one or two later on if he dawdled thru his snack, but later that night -- his stools weren't formed at all. So now he starts with 4 and I give him 4 more after about 15 minutes.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I realized this past winter that popcorn in the movie theater has about 900 calories per cup and I'd only been giving him 4 enzymes and may have given him one or two later on if he dawdled thru his snack, but later that night -- his stools weren't formed at all. So now he starts with 4 and I give him 4 more after about 15 minutes.

Printer

As I understand the need for enzimes, the quantity is directly related to the amount of natural enzimes that are produced by the pancrease. If the pancrease is functioning normally, there is no need for additional enzimes. As the pancrease becomes insufficent, there is a need to supplement that function.

Not all CF patients have a pancreatice insufficency and some patients produce zero natural enzimes. Of course there is a large spectrum between the two extremes.

I am not aware of any correlation between weight and daily enzime intake. You have not mentioned any digestive problems that your daughter is having. What would be the effect if she didn't take any Creon or 1, or 2 etc. As i said earlier, the dosage is based upon a trial and error approach.

If she is taking 4/5 Creon 10,000 with each meal (40,000-50,000) she could change to taking 2 Creon 24,000 (48,000). I suggest that you try the trial and error method first.

Bill

Printer

As I understand the need for enzimes, the quantity is directly related to the amount of natural enzimes that are produced by the pancrease. If the pancrease is functioning normally, there is no need for additional enzimes. As the pancrease becomes insufficent, there is a need to supplement that function.

Not all CF patients have a pancreatice insufficency and some patients produce zero natural enzimes. Of course there is a large spectrum between the two extremes.

I am not aware of any correlation between weight and daily enzime intake. You have not mentioned any digestive problems that your daughter is having. What would be the effect if she didn't take any Creon or 1, or 2 etc. As i said earlier, the dosage is based upon a trial and error approach.

If she is taking 4/5 Creon 10,000 with each meal (40,000-50,000) she could change to taking 2 Creon 24,000 (48,000). I suggest that you try the trial and error method first.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />Not all CF patients have a pancreatice insufficency and some patients produce zero natural enzimes. Of course there is a large spectrum between the two extremes.
<br />
<br />I am not aware of any correlation between weight and daily enzime intake. You have not mentioned any digestive problems that your daughter is having. What would be the effect if she didn't take any Creon or 1, or 2 etc. As i said earlier, the dosage is based upon a trial and error approach.
<br />
<br />If she is taking 4/5 Creon 10,000 with each meal (40,000-50,000) she could change to taking 2 Creon 24,000 (48,000). I suggest that you try the trial and error method first.
<br />
<br />Bill

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">you're right<span>,<br> <span class="hps">my daughter <span class="hps">has a strong <span class="hps">pancreatic insufficiency<span>, <span class="hps">my problem is <span class="hps">that lately <span class="hps">has <span class="hps">greasy <span class="hps">stools<span>, <span class="hps">and I do not <span class="hps">prescribe <span class="hps">beyond <span class="hps">17/18 <span class="hps">capsules per <span class="hps">day.<br> <span class="hps">I <span class="hps">wonder if <span class="hps">in America <span class="hps">a child who <span class="hps">weighs <span class="hps">17 <span class="hps">pounds <span class="hps">is allowed <span class="hps">to take more than <span class="hps">17/18 <span class="hps">capsules <span class="hps">of Creon <span class="hps">10000

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">you're right<span>,<br> <span class="hps">my daughter <span class="hps">has a strong <span class="hps">pancreatic insufficiency<span>, <span class="hps">my problem is <span class="hps">that lately <span class="hps">has <span class="hps">greasy <span class="hps">stools<span>, <span class="hps">and I do not <span class="hps">prescribe <span class="hps">beyond <span class="hps">17/18 <span class="hps">capsules per <span class="hps">day.<br> <span class="hps">I <span class="hps">wonder if <span class="hps">in America <span class="hps">a child who <span class="hps">weighs <span class="hps">17 <span class="hps">pounds <span class="hps">is allowed <span class="hps">to take more than <span class="hps">17/18 <span class="hps">capsules <span class="hps">of Creon <span class="hps">10000