enzyme

CJPsMom

It's interesting that people seem to be told different things. We've been told that there is a maximum recommended dosage, based on weight. We've been told not to exceed a certain number of enzymes per day, due to his weight. I'm wondering if that's specific to babies?

As his weight has increased, so has his maximum.

CJPsMom

It's interesting that people seem to be told different things. We've been told that there is a maximum recommended dosage, based on weight. We've been told not to exceed a certain number of enzymes per day, due to his weight. I'm wondering if that's specific to babies?
<br />
<br />As his weight has increased, so has his maximum.

Caro46

Enzymes

Hi<br><br>As I understand it, what you've been told, Stefi, is correct. <br><br>The number of enzymes taken per day should not exceed the child's weight in kilograms. My daughter Anna is 10.5kg, so she is only allowed to have a maximum of 10.5 pills a day with meals. <br><br>Anna also takes Creon 10000's.<br><br>Hope this helps!<br><br>Caro (mom to Anna, born 16/07/2009, and diagnosed at 6 months - DDF508)<br><br><br>

Caro46

Enzymes

Hi<br><br>As I understand it, what you've been told, Stefi, is correct. <br><br>The number of enzymes taken per day should not exceed the child's weight in kilograms. My daughter Anna is 10.5kg, so she is only allowed to have a maximum of 10.5 pills a day with meals. <br><br>Anna also takes Creon 10000's.<br><br>Hope this helps!<br><br>Caro (mom to Anna, born 16/07/2009, and diagnosed at 6 months - DDF508)<br><br><br>

Caro46

Enzymes

BarbaraW

My daughter was at her max for Creaon - at leats that is what we were told. She weighs 44 pounds, so about just under 20 kilos, and she was on Creon 24000. She was taking 5 with meals and 4 with snacks (so between 23 and 27 a day, depending on how many snacks she ate), and still having greasy stools. Our pulm. told us that there was a maximun amount of lipase they should be getting, and it was based on kilos. We switched her to zen-pep, and while she is still on too much, it is better.

My son is 33 pounds, so around 16 kilos. He is on Creon 6000 - he takes 3 with meals and 2 with snacks, so 13 to 15 per day, and we were told he had room to ove up a little.

BarbaraW

My daughter was at her max for Creaon - at leats that is what we were told. She weighs 44 pounds, so about just under 20 kilos, and she was on Creon 24000. She was taking 5 with meals and 4 with snacks (so between 23 and 27 a day, depending on how many snacks she ate), and still having greasy stools. Our pulm. told us that there was a maximun amount of lipase they should be getting, and it was based on kilos. We switched her to zen-pep, and while she is still on too much, it is better.

My son is 33 pounds, so around 16 kilos. He is on Creon 6000 - he takes 3 with meals and 2 with snacks, so 13 to 15 per day, and we were told he had room to ove up a little.

BarbaraW

<br />
<br />My son is 33 pounds, so around 16 kilos. He is on Creon 6000 - he takes 3 with meals and 2 with snacks, so 13 to 15 per day, and we were told he had room to ove up a little.

Ldude916

Stefi, what does your doctor say about the new symptom of greasy stool? Does he give any reasoning why it's fine for your child to have greasy stool and why enzymes should not be increased to combat it?

I understand what Caro46 is saying, however, it seems there should be some solution if your child is experiencing these symptoms.

Ldude916

Stefi, what does your doctor say about the new symptom of greasy stool? Does he give any reasoning why it's fine for your child to have greasy stool and why enzymes should not be increased to combat it?

I understand what Caro46 is saying, however, it seems there should be some solution if your child is experiencing these symptoms.

Ldude916

<br />
<br />I understand what Caro46 is saying, however, it seems there should be some solution if your child is experiencing these symptoms.

BarbaraW

I just looked up the paperwork that our doc gave us, and they say you should not take more than 10,000 units of lipase per kilo per day.

BarbaraW

I just looked up the paperwork that our doc gave us, and they say you should not take more than 10,000 units of lipase per kilo per day.

BarbaraW

G

granmathelma

17kilos in weight...then it's 17 Creon 10,000 per day for the child...we can go over by about 3 capsules...up to 20 a day for your child.... just work out how many fat grams are in the food being eaten....my grandson is 2 1/2 years old and weighs 13 kilos...he is very pancreatic insufficient....

G

granmathelma

17kilos in weight...then it's 17 Creon 10,000 per day for the child...we can go over by about 3 capsules...up to 20 a day for your child.... just work out how many fat grams are in the food being eaten....my grandson is 2 1/2 years old and weighs 13 kilos...he is very pancreatic insufficient....

G

granmathelma

<BR>17kilos in weight...then it's 17 Creon 10,000 per day for the child...we can go over by about 3 capsules...up to 20 a day for your child.... just work out how many fat grams are in the food being eaten....my grandson is 2 1/2 years old and weighs 13 kilos...he is very pancreatic insufficient....

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">the point is that <span class="hps">for the <span class="hps">same amount of food <span class="hps">is clearly not <span class="hps">enough <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">anymore <span class="hps">the same <span class="hps">enzyme<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps"> <span class="hps"><span class="">, <span class="hps">it needs more <span class="hps">Creon <span class="hps">.. <span class="hps">I think.<br> <span class="hps">Tuesday <span class="hps">we <span class="hps">visit<span class="">, <span class="hps">will ask <span class="hps">more <span class="hps">depth<span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">I <span class="hps">thought to ask <span class="hps">tests <span class="hps">for celiac disease <span class="hps">...<br> <span class="hps">Thank you very much <span class="hps">for all <span class="hps">the answers

stefi74

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">the point is that <span class="hps">for the <span class="hps">same amount of food <span class="hps">is clearly not <span class="hps">enough <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps">anymore <span class="hps">the same <span class="hps">enzyme<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps"> <span class="hps"><span class="">, <span class="hps">it needs more <span class="hps">Creon <span class="hps">.. <span class="hps">I think.<br> <span class="hps">Tuesday <span class="hps">we <span class="hps">visit<span class="">, <span class="hps">will ask <span class="hps">more <span class="hps">depth<span class="">.<br> <span class="hps">I <span class="hps">thought to ask <span class="hps">tests <span class="hps">for celiac disease <span class="hps">...<br> <span class="hps">Thank you very much <span class="hps">for all <span class="hps">the answers

stefi74