Epic Fail

nuttzzy

So i just got back from my PICC attempts...4 to be exact. non successful seem i have scaring in my veins around my shoulder so.. PICC's are no long an Option.. so now the plan is to be admitted monday. doing IV's with a normal heploc. untill they can get me in for a you guessed it Port Cath.. im not ganna bs yall im Scared beyond scared about this.. someone give me there two cents and explain to me its not that hard..and calm me down.

nuttzzy

So i just got back from my PICC attempts...4 to be exact. non successful seem i have scaring in my veins around my shoulder so.. PICC's are no long an Option.. so now the plan is to be admitted monday. doing IV's with a normal heploc. untill they can get me in for a you guessed it Port Cath.. im not ganna bs yall im Scared beyond scared about this.. someone give me there two cents and explain to me its not that hard..and calm me down.

nuttzzy

nuttzzy

nuttzzy

Tumbleweed

i was scared before the surgery to have mine placed too. it was sore at first and stuff but i have had it for 5 or 6 years now and i love it! my husband accesses it for me, and i take the needle out myself. (de-access) once you have your port i am sure you will like it too, as opposed to IVs.

i was awake the whole surgery, talking the surgeons ears off, and didn't feel any pain... quite amazing how those drugs work. you will be fine, and once it is over it will be a relief. being nervous is totally normal though... but if i had to guess after it's done you might wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

the scar is not huge either... but it does leave a scar. that is pretty much the worst part!

Tumbleweed

i was scared before the surgery to have mine placed too. it was sore at first and stuff but i have had it for 5 or 6 years now and i love it! my husband accesses it for me, and i take the needle out myself. (de-access) once you have your port i am sure you will like it too, as opposed to IVs.

i was awake the whole surgery, talking the surgeons ears off, and didn't feel any pain... quite amazing how those drugs work. you will be fine, and once it is over it will be a relief. being nervous is totally normal though... but if i had to guess after it's done you might wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

the scar is not huge either... but it does leave a scar. that is pretty much the worst part!

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

<br />
<br />i was awake the whole surgery, talking the surgeons ears off, and didn't feel any pain... quite amazing how those drugs work. you will be fine, and once it is over it will be a relief. being nervous is totally normal though... but if i had to guess after it's done you might wonder why you didn't get it sooner.
<br />
<br />the scar is not huge either... but it does leave a scar. that is pretty much the worst part!

danbray

i just had a medi port put in about 3 months ago. i was like u, i didnt want a port so i dodged it long as i could, but the last try all my veins were to messed up.so i had to have a port. i was scared, but it didnt take no longer than when they were puttin in a picc,an i didnt feel it,an now i love it,its so easy to work an out of the way, if id known it would have been this good i would have gottin it a long time ago,all i got to do is access it once a month when not useing it to keep the lines from stopping up,i think you will like it once you get it,but its really a simple procedure an dont useually take long,hope this helped,,

danbray

i just had a medi port put in about 3 months ago. i was like u, i didnt want a port so i dodged it long as i could, but the last try all my veins were to messed up.so i had to have a port. i was scared, but it didnt take no longer than when they were puttin in a picc,an i didnt feel it,an now i love it,its so easy to work an out of the way, if id known it would have been this good i would have gottin it a long time ago,all i got to do is access it once a month when not useing it to keep the lines from stopping up,i think you will like it once you get it,but its really a simple procedure an dont useually take long,hope this helped,,

danbray

danbray

danbray

polaris

Port-a-Cath is the way to go. In the late 80s my veins were gone thanks to constant iv placement. The procedure is quite simple. You are prepped, draped, sedated, not asleeep, but very relaxed (I listened to a fellow CF pt's walkman during the procedure). The surgeons cut a small incision, introduce the catheter and pocket an area for the port. Id say less than 40 minutes, but it has been a while as I had my same portacath since Dec 1987. Do all the flushes yourself and it will serve you well. Good luck in your decision.

God bless,
Tom

polaris

Port-a-Cath is the way to go. In the late 80s my veins were gone thanks to constant iv placement. The procedure is quite simple. You are prepped, draped, sedated, not asleeep, but very relaxed (I listened to a fellow CF pt's walkman during the procedure). The surgeons cut a small incision, introduce the catheter and pocket an area for the port. Id say less than 40 minutes, but it has been a while as I had my same portacath since Dec 1987. Do all the flushes yourself and it will serve you well. Good luck in your decision.

God bless,
Tom

polaris

God bless,
Tom

polaris

God bless,
Tom

polaris

<br />
<br />God bless,
<br />Tom