Exercise making me sick?

DanaInSeattle

I've recently taken up running again. I'm getting in to it gradually, alternating running and walking. Yesterday I went for about 40 minutes, with about 7 minutes of running, total. I felt great when I finished, but within a few hours of getting home, I felt a cold/sinus infection starting up. By midnight I was miserable, and today I'm dizzy, wheezy and full of aches.

Is there any possibility that the exertion of my run somehow triggered this?

I'm not much into 'alternative' medicine, but I've heard of instances where you can release toxins or bugs that were already in your body waiting for a chance to strike.

I'm hoping it's just a bad coincidence.

DanaInSeattle

I've recently taken up running again. I'm getting in to it gradually, alternating running and walking. Yesterday I went for about 40 minutes, with about 7 minutes of running, total. I felt great when I finished, but within a few hours of getting home, I felt a cold/sinus infection starting up. By midnight I was miserable, and today I'm dizzy, wheezy and full of aches.

I'm not much into 'alternative' medicine, but I've heard of instances where you can release toxins or bugs that were already in your body waiting for a chance to strike.

DanaInSeattle

DanaInSeattle

DanaInSeattle

<br />
<br />Is there any possibility that the exertion of my run somehow triggered this?
<br />
<br />I'm not much into 'alternative' medicine, but I've heard of instances where you can release toxins or bugs that were already in your body waiting for a chance to strike.
<br />
<br />I'm hoping it's just a bad coincidence.

luv2run

Give running a second chance when you start to feel better...I'm almost sure it was just a coincidence! Best wishes!

Luci

luv2run

Give running a second chance when you start to feel better...I'm almost sure it was just a coincidence! Best wishes!

Luci

luv2run

Luci

luv2run

Luci

luv2run

<br />
<br />Luci

DanaInSeattle

I'm not giving up yet. I think I just had something incubating from the day before. Sometimes I hate having to work around humans. They're like plague rats, lol.

DanaInSeattle

I'm not giving up yet. I think I just had something incubating from the day before. Sometimes I hate having to work around humans. They're like plague rats, lol.

DanaInSeattle

DanaInSeattle

DanaInSeattle

lilismom

If you were fighting something prior to running maybe the extra bit of stress you put on your body triggered it but I don't think it warrants giving it up. It sounds like you are easing into it, that's good. I have noticed when I increase exercise quickly I sometimes feel run down, it takes your body a little while to get used to a new routine.

It looks like we are neighbors - we live in Redmond

lilismom

If you were fighting something prior to running maybe the extra bit of stress you put on your body triggered it but I don't think it warrants giving it up. It sounds like you are easing into it, that's good. I have noticed when I increase exercise quickly I sometimes feel run down, it takes your body a little while to get used to a new routine.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

<br />
<br />It looks like we are neighbors - we live in Redmond
<br />