Exercise making me sick?

luv2run

Good for you, DanainSeattle. I'm glad you are still running! I run about 40 miles/week and I don't do Rehab or anything like that either. My pft's are also fev112/fvc111 so I guess that's why. Isn't it amazing how good you feel after a run? I started running races this spring. I actually just placed 1st (women overall) in a 5K last week - go me!!!! I've found that running races keep me motivated, and give me something to work toward. Have you thought about racing??? Hope you are well - happy trails!

Luci

luv2run

Good for you, DanainSeattle. I'm glad you are still running! I run about 40 miles/week and I don't do Rehab or anything like that either. My pft's are also fev112/fvc111 so I guess that's why. Isn't it amazing how good you feel after a run? I started running races this spring. I actually just placed 1st (women overall) in a 5K last week - go me!!!! I've found that running races keep me motivated, and give me something to work toward. Have you thought about racing??? Hope you are well - happy trails!

Luci

luv2run

Luci

luv2run

Luci

luv2run

<br />
<br />Luci

H

hopesiris

I just got a prescription for Allegra and it does help. Took it yesterday and went to the park and WOW, I didn't have nearly as much post nasal drip as usual, and I'm on the lower dose. It works better than Claritin for me.

H

hopesiris

I just got a prescription for Allegra and it does help. Took it yesterday and went to the park and WOW, I didn't have nearly as much post nasal drip as usual, and I'm on the lower dose. It works better than Claritin for me.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>DanaInSeattle</b></i>
I'm not much into 'alternative' medicine, but I've heard of instances where you can release toxins or bugs that were already in your body waiting for a chance to strike.

I'm hoping it's just a bad coincidence.</end quote></div>

Often, a person is exposed to a virus well before they notice symptoms. So it's entirely possible it is just coincidence. On the other hand, yes, exertion can help your body dump toxins (like drug residues from taking medication) and that can make you feel ill. Just think of how bad drug withdrawal feels.

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>DanaInSeattle</b></i>
I'm not much into 'alternative' medicine, but I've heard of instances where you can release toxins or bugs that were already in your body waiting for a chance to strike.

Often, a person is exposed to a virus well before they notice symptoms. So it's entirely possible it is just coincidence. On the other hand, yes, exertion can help your body dump toxins (like drug residues from taking medication) and that can make you feel ill. Just think of how bad drug withdrawal feels.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

I'm hoping it's just a bad coincidence.</end quote>

MicheleGazelle

<br />I'm not much into 'alternative' medicine, but I've heard of instances where you can release toxins or bugs that were already in your body waiting for a chance to strike.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I'm hoping it's just a bad coincidence.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Often, a person is exposed to a virus well before they notice symptoms. So it's entirely possible it is just coincidence. On the other hand, yes, exertion can help your body dump toxins (like drug residues from taking medication) and that can make you feel ill. Just think of how bad drug withdrawal feels.

H

hillthekhore

I'm a big fan of running. I recently had a similar experience, only it was when I woke up the next day that I felt a problem. Granted, I just came out of an infection, so I bet it was because of said infection that I had a problem. I don't see how I can get my FEV1s back to normal (about 118) without exercising, so I can't really stop.

H

hillthekhore

I'm a big fan of running. I recently had a similar experience, only it was when I woke up the next day that I felt a problem. Granted, I just came out of an infection, so I bet it was because of said infection that I had a problem. I don't see how I can get my FEV1s back to normal (about 118) without exercising, so I can't really stop.

H

hillthekhore

H

hillthekhore

H

hillthekhore