Express Scripts

barbc888

I spent an hour today on the phone with my insurance company and Express Scripts. Express Scripts filled my hypertonic saline 3%, but not my hypertonic saline 10%, which were both written on the same prescription. As usual, it was a bizarre chain of events and miscommunication on the part of Express Scripts.

To make a long story short, they said they don't carry HTS 10% and that it can be found over the counter for commercial use; that's why they don't stock it or fill prescriptions with it. I know that some of you out there use Express Scripts and have gotten HTS from them... are they yanking my chain again? <b>Has anybody ever ordered and received the 10% from these knuckleheads?
TonyaH... maybe you have?

I'm so fuming mad right now, I can't even concentrate on my work. Please advise... I'm dying to know if they're pulling a fast one on me and if so, why?

Thanks guys,

barbc888

I spent an hour today on the phone with my insurance company and Express Scripts. Express Scripts filled my hypertonic saline 3%, but not my hypertonic saline 10%, which were both written on the same prescription. As usual, it was a bizarre chain of events and miscommunication on the part of Express Scripts.

To make a long story short, they said they don't carry HTS 10% and that it can be found over the counter for commercial use; that's why they don't stock it or fill prescriptions with it. I know that some of you out there use Express Scripts and have gotten HTS from them... are they yanking my chain again? <b>Has anybody ever ordered and received the 10% from these knuckleheads?

I'm so fuming mad right now, I can't even concentrate on my work. Please advise... I'm dying to know if they're pulling a fast one on me and if so, why?

Thanks guys,

barbc888

Thanks guys,

barbc888

Thanks guys,

barbc888

Thanks guys,

T

TonyaH

Hi Barb,
I wish I could help, but we have not had to order 10% yet. Express Scripts is a nightmare for CF families. I have told them numerous times that many of us have problems dealing with them.

I don't know if it would help, but is there anyone out there who would like me to put something together,,,,a petition, letter campaign, anything that might suggest to Express Scripts that they have more than one CF patient and they better get their act together?

It angers me, Barb, that you are going through this and it angers me to know that I will be going through it in another two weeks when it is time to order refills for my son.

Who's on board to help me make a change?

T

TonyaH

Hi Barb,
I wish I could help, but we have not had to order 10% yet. Express Scripts is a nightmare for CF families. I have told them numerous times that many of us have problems dealing with them.

I don't know if it would help, but is there anyone out there who would like me to put something together,,,,a petition, letter campaign, anything that might suggest to Express Scripts that they have more than one CF patient and they better get their act together?

It angers me, Barb, that you are going through this and it angers me to know that I will be going through it in another two weeks when it is time to order refills for my son.

T

TonyaH

Hi Barb,

T

TonyaH

Hi Barb,

T

TonyaH

Hi Barb,

JazzysMom

Thankfully my husbands Union negotiated Express Scripts right out of the healthcare package.

I no longer have the problems. I also never used the HS with them either. I wish you luck!

JazzysMom

Thankfully my husbands Union negotiated Express Scripts right out of the healthcare package.

I no longer have the problems. I also never used the HS with them either. I wish you luck!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

idajune

I am not familiar with this Express business, however the 10% is not being found anywhere as to my understanding. My local clinic can't get it and neither can the CF pharmacy. What I was told is that the company stopped making the 10% or something to that effect to make the 7%. In any case, you aren't the only one not being able to get the 10%. To those who are getting it, lucky you. I guess even the 3% is hard to get a hold of some places. I just 'bit the bullet' as they say and spent the money on the 7% this month hoping insurance will pick it up sooner or later. I just don't want to be without it.

idajune

I am not familiar with this Express business, however the 10% is not being found anywhere as to my understanding. My local clinic can't get it and neither can the CF pharmacy. What I was told is that the company stopped making the 10% or something to that effect to make the 7%. In any case, you aren't the only one not being able to get the 10%. To those who are getting it, lucky you. I guess even the 3% is hard to get a hold of some places. I just 'bit the bullet' as they say and spent the money on the 7% this month hoping insurance will pick it up sooner or later. I just don't want to be without it.

idajune

idajune

idajune