Eyes,hair and skin colour - cf related

JazzysMom

BUT what happens when the time comes or isnt there something, somewhere that you had to answer this ??? on. I am just really curious!

JazzysMom

BUT what happens when the time comes or isnt there something, somewhere that you had to answer this ??? on. I am just really curious!

anonymous

To JazzysMom about the mixed eye color question: I don't recall if we had to report eye color at birth, but if we had it would say brown because they were both brown for the first few months. Since then, the only place eye color appears is on medical charts and it lists it as it is: left brown, right green. By the way, he's had quite extensive tests to make sure it is just a pair of unmatched eyes; apparently there is some sort of horrible tumor or something that can be indicated by mismatched eyes in babies so we had to rule that out.

anonymous

To JazzysMom about the mixed eye color question: I don't recall if we had to report eye color at birth, but if we had it would say brown because they were both brown for the first few months. Since then, the only place eye color appears is on medical charts and it lists it as it is: left brown, right green. By the way, he's had quite extensive tests to make sure it is just a pair of unmatched eyes; apparently there is some sort of horrible tumor or something that can be indicated by mismatched eyes in babies so we had to rule that out.

HollyCatheryn

Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes. I too have known more brown haired, brown eyes people with CF than fairer. I also have known some Jews and black people with CF.Take a look at the CF Roundtable and you'll see mostly brown haired, brown eyed folks. I think because brown hair and eyes are dominant, they are more likely in most populations than blonde or red hair or lighter eye colors.

HollyCatheryn

Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes. I too have known more brown haired, brown eyes people with CF than fairer. I also have known some Jews and black people with CF.Take a look at the CF Roundtable and you'll see mostly brown haired, brown eyed folks. I think because brown hair and eyes are dominant, they are more likely in most populations than blonde or red hair or lighter eye colors.

anonymous

I'm of Irish decent as well. I have Dark brown hair and blue eyes. My maternal granmother died of pulmonary fibrosis as well as my maternal aunts. My mom doens't have any symptoms. My cf doctor suspects that my grandma and aunts probabyy had some form of CF.

Amy
32 w/CF

anonymous

I'm of Irish decent as well. I have Dark brown hair and blue eyes. My maternal granmother died of pulmonary fibrosis as well as my maternal aunts. My mom doens't have any symptoms. My cf doctor suspects that my grandma and aunts probabyy had some form of CF.

Amy
32 w/CF

CowTown

I'm blonde, blue eyed, light skin but can tan, of Irish decent. I just recently found this week a list of symptoms of CF carriers. I sent the research info to my mom, dad, and sister who are all carriers. My sister and dad immediately after reading the symptoms realized that they are always clearing their throats and have a little more phlem on a regular basis than most. These are symptoms of being a carrier, very interesting.

CowTown

I'm blonde, blue eyed, light skin but can tan, of Irish decent. I just recently found this week a list of symptoms of CF carriers. I sent the research info to my mom, dad, and sister who are all carriers. My sister and dad immediately after reading the symptoms realized that they are always clearing their throats and have a little more phlem on a regular basis than most. These are symptoms of being a carrier, very interesting.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Interesting Kelly, I've always heard that carriers don't have cf symptoms, but my husband and I both have bad sinuses, post nasal drip and we have to clear our throats ALL the time too. Any research on this?

My kids are Italian and English/Irish. One is blonde, the other brown and both have hazel eyes.

The question about the driver's license... you have to choose a color that is closest, like choosing to say that your car is grey when its really silver.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Interesting Kelly, I've always heard that carriers don't have cf symptoms, but my husband and I both have bad sinuses, post nasal drip and we have to clear our throats ALL the time too. Any research on this?

My kids are Italian and English/Irish. One is blonde, the other brown and both have hazel eyes.

The question about the driver's license... you have to choose a color that is closest, like choosing to say that your car is grey when its really silver.

anonymous

I'm just trying to figure out if I should even be worried about my toddler having CF...he's had some digestive and growth issues so I was here reading and getting some input from the community. My son is very light with beautiful blue eyes...my husband is a red headed man of Irish descent...on the other hand, I am adopted but have been told of Spanish desent..I have very olive skin, brown hair and dark brown eyes...we have another daughter who has my olive complexion and big beautiful black eyes and brown hair..I have 2 other children..one from another marriage (to another Irishman, might I add...I'll never learn! =) ) and one who is adopted. So the two full blooded siblings are polar opposites on the phenotypic scale and the one I'm concerned about is my fair skinned, blue eyed son of an Irishman! Interesting.

anonymous

I'm just trying to figure out if I should even be worried about my toddler having CF...he's had some digestive and growth issues so I was here reading and getting some input from the community. My son is very light with beautiful blue eyes...my husband is a red headed man of Irish descent...on the other hand, I am adopted but have been told of Spanish desent..I have very olive skin, brown hair and dark brown eyes...we have another daughter who has my olive complexion and big beautiful black eyes and brown hair..I have 2 other children..one from another marriage (to another Irishman, might I add...I'll never learn! =) ) and one who is adopted. So the two full blooded siblings are polar opposites on the phenotypic scale and the one I'm concerned about is my fair skinned, blue eyed son of an Irishman! Interesting.