failed PICC attempts

M

Mommy2Zeke

I'm not a CFr myself- at least not dx'd yet, but my son is... just saw this topic and had to comment. I had a PICC for my pregnancy and bruising is normal for quite some time. Swelling too. Thankfully my picc lasted 17 weeks but I still have a scar and I certainly had my scares with mine. They are a pain to deal with but a whole lot better than getting IVs changed every 3 days or less and spending 2 hours trying to find a vein.

M

Mommy2Zeke

I'm not a CFr myself- at least not dx'd yet, but my son is... just saw this topic and had to comment. I had a PICC for my pregnancy and bruising is normal for quite some time. Swelling too. Thankfully my picc lasted 17 weeks but I still have a scar and I certainly had my scares with mine. They are a pain to deal with but a whole lot better than getting IVs changed every 3 days or less and spending 2 hours trying to find a vein.

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

jeffreyfrog

i recently had a PICC line in me for a while due to antibiotics. It really sucks to have a PICC line ...
You could take a shower but just cover it with a plastic bag and then tape around the bag so water don't go in. I'm surprised that they sent you home with a line w/out giving you proper directions on how to care for it.
Well, whatever it is for, good luck and hopw you feel better =]
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://doctorfinders.com/doctor.php?Provider=rpatel">mountain view radiation oncologist</a>

jeffreyfrog

i recently had a PICC line in me for a while due to antibiotics. It really sucks to have a PICC line ...
You could take a shower but just cover it with a plastic bag and then tape around the bag so water don't go in. I'm surprised that they sent you home with a line w/out giving you proper directions on how to care for it.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://doctorfinders.com/doctor.php?Provider=rpatel">mountain view radiation oncologist</a>

jeffreyfrog

jeffreyfrog

jeffreyfrog

<br />You could take a shower but just cover it with a plastic bag and then tape around the bag so water don't go in. I'm surprised that they sent you home with a line w/out giving you proper directions on how to care for it.
<br />Well, whatever it is for, good luck and hopw you feel better =]
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://doctorfinders.com/doctor.php?Provider=rpatel">mountain view radiation oncologist</a>

labellavita

ive had over 40 piccs put in and whether its under ir or not, its still a pain in the ass. i have horrible scar tissue to the point that the lydacain doesn't work the way it should. i usually get 4mg of adavan before i go down to ir to get the line in so i can relax because i feel every ounce of pain and pressure, even when they thread the line because of all the narrowing and scar tissue. they suggest a port but im allergic to the needles and i get hives if its accessed for longer than 5 minutes. yay. the bruising is normal. you shouldn't worry about major scar tissue problems for a few accesses. just attempts wont damage your veins at all.

good luck!

labellavita

ive had over 40 piccs put in and whether its under ir or not, its still a pain in the ass. i have horrible scar tissue to the point that the lydacain doesn't work the way it should. i usually get 4mg of adavan before i go down to ir to get the line in so i can relax because i feel every ounce of pain and pressure, even when they thread the line because of all the narrowing and scar tissue. they suggest a port but im allergic to the needles and i get hives if its accessed for longer than 5 minutes. yay. the bruising is normal. you shouldn't worry about major scar tissue problems for a few accesses. just attempts wont damage your veins at all.

good luck!

labellavita

good luck!

labellavita

good luck!

labellavita

<br />
<br />good luck!