faking it - 7% HS

Alyssa

Doctors have varying opinions when it comes to reducing the % of HS. My daughters doc has no problem with her mixing her own % according to who she feels - if she wants less than 7% she mixes it less - probably around 5%. He also had her start with a trial of 3% just to make sure she tolerated it.

My son's doctor had him start with a trial of 5% then move to 7%. When my son asked what would happen if he didn't tolerate the 7%, I answered him (in front of the doctor) and said it would be ok for him to go back down to the 5% - the doctor interjected with he would rather see him take some sort of other inhaled med first that would help him tolerate the 7%.

I do know that others on the boards have said they just cannot tolerate 7% and some have also noticed a decrease in PFT's so just keep an eye out... it is wonderful when HS works, but if it doesn't help and she continues to have trouble with it might be time to consider reducing the % or quitting altogether. I personally think that 3% or 5% would be better than not doing it at all as long as a person could tolerate it better than 7%.

Alyssa

Doctors have varying opinions when it comes to reducing the % of HS. My daughters doc has no problem with her mixing her own % according to who she feels - if she wants less than 7% she mixes it less - probably around 5%. He also had her start with a trial of 3% just to make sure she tolerated it.

My son's doctor had him start with a trial of 5% then move to 7%. When my son asked what would happen if he didn't tolerate the 7%, I answered him (in front of the doctor) and said it would be ok for him to go back down to the 5% - the doctor interjected with he would rather see him take some sort of other inhaled med first that would help him tolerate the 7%.

I do know that others on the boards have said they just cannot tolerate 7% and some have also noticed a decrease in PFT's so just keep an eye out... it is wonderful when HS works, but if it doesn't help and she continues to have trouble with it might be time to consider reducing the % or quitting altogether. I personally think that 3% or 5% would be better than not doing it at all as long as a person could tolerate it better than 7%.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />My son's doctor had him start with a trial of 5% then move to 7%. When my son asked what would happen if he didn't tolerate the 7%, I answered him (in front of the doctor) and said it would be ok for him to go back down to the 5% - the doctor interjected with he would rather see him take some sort of other inhaled med first that would help him tolerate the 7%.
<br />
<br />I do know that others on the boards have said they just cannot tolerate 7% and some have also noticed a decrease in PFT's so just keep an eye out... it is wonderful when HS works, but if it doesn't help and she continues to have trouble with it might be time to consider reducing the % or quitting altogether. I personally think that 3% or 5% would be better than not doing it at all as long as a person could tolerate it better than 7%.

thefrogprincess

I'm kind of suprised they wouldn't start out with 3% for a while then give 7% a try so she could adjust. I did that but 7% was still too harsh so I went back to 3%. I still get up a lot more sputem than without it though. I would try it. If she can't finish it then she isn't getting the benefit from it anyway.

thefrogprincess

I'm kind of suprised they wouldn't start out with 3% for a while then give 7% a try so she could adjust. I did that but 7% was still too harsh so I went back to 3%. I still get up a lot more sputem than without it though. I would try it. If she can't finish it then she isn't getting the benefit from it anyway.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Josh wasn't able to do 7%, he coughed and gagged so hard he threw up EVERY time! We stopped it for a while because it was too traumatic, but we're going to ask if he can do a lower %. We think it worked.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Josh wasn't able to do 7%, he coughed and gagged so hard he threw up EVERY time! We stopped it for a while because it was too traumatic, but we're going to ask if he can do a lower %. We think it worked.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader