Family history discovered?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My MIL is sure it's on my FIL's side of the family, my mother is sure it comes from her side. When DS was first diagnosed we reviewed family histories to see if there were any young deaths. My great uncle has a geneology that goes back to the 1300s in Holland -- Most of those people lived to be in their 80s. Other family histories goe back to the 1800s and there was supposedly only one young death -- my mom's brother was stillborn; however, my dad mentioned this past week that he just found out that HE had two or three uncles/aunts who died in infancy.

Oh well, we NOW know about CF and the possibility and several relatives are pursuing testing before they have children.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My MIL is sure it's on my FIL's side of the family, my mother is sure it comes from her side. When DS was first diagnosed we reviewed family histories to see if there were any young deaths. My great uncle has a geneology that goes back to the 1300s in Holland -- Most of those people lived to be in their 80s. Other family histories goe back to the 1800s and there was supposedly only one young death -- my mom's brother was stillborn; however, my dad mentioned this past week that he just found out that HE had two or three uncles/aunts who died in infancy.

Oh well, we NOW know about CF and the possibility and several relatives are pursuing testing before they have children.