female related

lmattaway

I've had the Mirena in since March of '07 and I think it's great. I stopped getting my periods and then just in the past year started getting them again and spotting every two weeks in between periods. I went to the obgyn who said that in some women the Mirena can cause your lining to get too thin and it causes extra bleeding, so I took Loestrin for 3 months to thicken the lining back up and now I'm having no issues, though I am still getting my period regularly.

A side note: I didn't think the insertion was that bad. They told me to take two advil before hand and some after, so while I did have slight crapping the rest of the day, it was very manageable. (I also scheduled it like LouLou said - during my period) Plus, my insurance ending up covering all of it. I only had to pay the 20 visit copay.

lmattaway

I've had the Mirena in since March of '07 and I think it's great. I stopped getting my periods and then just in the past year started getting them again and spotting every two weeks in between periods. I went to the obgyn who said that in some women the Mirena can cause your lining to get too thin and it causes extra bleeding, so I took Loestrin for 3 months to thicken the lining back up and now I'm having no issues, though I am still getting my period regularly.

A side note: I didn't think the insertion was that bad. They told me to take two advil before hand and some after, so while I did have slight crapping the rest of the day, it was very manageable. (I also scheduled it like LouLou said - during my period) Plus, my insurance ending up covering all of it. I only had to pay the 20 visit copay.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

<br />
<br />A side note: I didn't think the insertion was that bad. They told me to take two advil before hand and some after, so while I did have slight crapping the rest of the day, it was very manageable. (I also scheduled it like LouLou said - during my period) Plus, my insurance ending up covering all of it. I only had to pay the 20 visit copay.