Finally Diagnosed!!

holmfamily1992

Hello again. We just finally got the diagnosis we were hoping we wouldnt receive. Now hopefully he will get the care that he needs.
Tomorrow, we will seeing his Doctor to start treatment and there are certain test that they have to do. One of which is a lung test. Is this the same as his breathing test they do to measure lung funtion? What other test can we expect and are any of them painful?? As far as his health right now, he is great. Lung fuction is 100% so the steriods and other meds are helping. I am just very unclear on what to expect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! My husband took the call because I wasnt home and he is not a good message taker...lol.

Thank you, Holm family

holmfamily1992

Hello again. We just finally got the diagnosis we were hoping we wouldnt receive. Now hopefully he will get the care that he needs.
Tomorrow, we will seeing his Doctor to start treatment and there are certain test that they have to do. One of which is a lung test. Is this the same as his breathing test they do to measure lung funtion? What other test can we expect and are any of them painful?? As far as his health right now, he is great. Lung fuction is 100% so the steriods and other meds are helping. I am just very unclear on what to expect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! My husband took the call because I wasnt home and he is not a good message taker...lol.

Thank you, Holm family

holmfamily1992

Thank you, Holm family

holmfamily1992

Thank you, Holm family

holmfamily1992

<br />Tomorrow, we will seeing his Doctor to start treatment and there are certain test that they have to do. One of which is a lung test. Is this the same as his breathing test they do to measure lung funtion? What other test can we expect and are any of them painful?? As far as his health right now, he is great. Lung fuction is 100% so the steriods and other meds are helping. I am just very unclear on what to expect.
<br />
<br />Any help would be greatly appreciated!! My husband took the call because I wasnt home and he is not a good message taker...lol.
<br />
<br />Thank you, Holm family

M

Mommafirst

I am so sorry you got the call none of wanted. I don't know much about the testing, but I don't believe it hurts.

M

Mommafirst

I am so sorry you got the call none of wanted. I don't know much about the testing, but I don't believe it hurts.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

JORDYSMOM

Hi Tina. I'm sorry you received that call, but as you said, now you can start the proper care. It really should make a difference.

The only testing I can think of that will cause pain for your child is the blood draws. I don't know if they will do it at your first visit, but they do it on an annual basis. Also, they may swab his throat to send in and see if he is culturing any bacteria. That is uncomfortable, but not usually painful.

You should be prepared for a lengthy visit. Write down all of the questions you have, and take the notebook with you, so you can write things down. Take everything one step at a time. Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi Tina. I'm sorry you received that call, but as you said, now you can start the proper care. It really should make a difference.

The only testing I can think of that will cause pain for your child is the blood draws. I don't know if they will do it at your first visit, but they do it on an annual basis. Also, they may swab his throat to send in and see if he is culturing any bacteria. That is uncomfortable, but not usually painful.

You should be prepared for a lengthy visit. Write down all of the questions you have, and take the notebook with you, so you can write things down. Take everything one step at a time. Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />The only testing I can think of that will cause pain for your child is the blood draws. I don't know if they will do it at your first visit, but they do it on an annual basis. Also, they may swab his throat to send in and see if he is culturing any bacteria. That is uncomfortable, but not usually painful.
<br />
<br />You should be prepared for a lengthy visit. Write down all of the questions you have, and take the notebook with you, so you can write things down. Take everything one step at a time. Keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Stacey

BabyBeauty

Tina,

I am really sorry for the diagnosis. My heart goes out to you. But now your son can get the care he needs and now you have an answer.

I would agree with the previous post I think all that will hurt is getting a blood draw.

BabyBeauty

Tina,

I am really sorry for the diagnosis. My heart goes out to you. But now your son can get the care he needs and now you have an answer.

I would agree with the previous post I think all that will hurt is getting a blood draw.

BabyBeauty

Tina,

BabyBeauty

Tina,

BabyBeauty

Tina,
<br />
<br />I am really sorry for the diagnosis. My heart goes out to you. But now your son can get the care he needs and now you have an answer.
<br />
<br />I would agree with the previous post I think all that will hurt is getting a blood draw.