first bronchoscopy

mich

I may be having my very first bronchoscopy soon. For those of you have had one, could you please share with me your experiences, both good and bad. Of course I'm very nervous.

I will be having conscious sedation, so I'm interested in hearing from all, but especially those of you who had conscious sedation. Is a bronchoscopy anything like an endosocopy? Did you feel anything during your bronchoscopy? Did you cough? Did you feel like you were suffocating? That's my biggest fear, I think. My doctor said something about washing the lungs with saline and I'm afraid I will feel like I'm suffocating. Did you cough during your bronchoscopy? How did you feel when it was finished? Did you cough up any blood?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to learn as much as I can.

Thanks,
Michelle
34 wcf

mich

I may be having my very first bronchoscopy soon. For those of you have had one, could you please share with me your experiences, both good and bad. Of course I'm very nervous.

I will be having conscious sedation, so I'm interested in hearing from all, but especially those of you who had conscious sedation. Is a bronchoscopy anything like an endosocopy? Did you feel anything during your bronchoscopy? Did you cough? Did you feel like you were suffocating? That's my biggest fear, I think. My doctor said something about washing the lungs with saline and I'm afraid I will feel like I'm suffocating. Did you cough during your bronchoscopy? How did you feel when it was finished? Did you cough up any blood?

Thanks,
Michelle
34 wcf

mich

Thanks,
Michelle
34 wcf

mich

Thanks,
Michelle
34 wcf

mich

<br />
<br />I will be having conscious sedation, so I'm interested in hearing from all, but especially those of you who had conscious sedation. Is a bronchoscopy anything like an endosocopy? Did you feel anything during your bronchoscopy? Did you cough? Did you feel like you were suffocating? That's my biggest fear, I think. My doctor said something about washing the lungs with saline and I'm afraid I will feel like I'm suffocating. Did you cough during your bronchoscopy? How did you feel when it was finished? Did you cough up any blood?
<br />
<br />Sorry for all the questions, but I want to learn as much as I can.
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />Michelle
<br />34 wcf

crickit715

my daughter had one in july and seemed absolutley fine afterward, no crying, pain, etc....it only took about 30min, i was very surprized! ive heard others who havent had such good experiences, but hers went well.

crickit715

my daughter had one in july and seemed absolutley fine afterward, no crying, pain, etc....it only took about 30min, i was very surprized! ive heard others who havent had such good experiences, but hers went well.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

debs2girls

my daughter has one every three months. She does just fine after with only a minor sore throat. She does cough more and sounds a little gunky, but that soon subsides.

debs2girls

my daughter has one every three months. She does just fine after with only a minor sore throat. She does cough more and sounds a little gunky, but that soon subsides.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

greatbay

Conscious sedation at my hospital is you are sort of in an amnesiatic sleep and do not really know what is going on. The only part I disliked was the preparation before they put you in your dreamy state...I have a problem laying down without coughing and finally convinced them to do everything while I was sitting and I would tell them when I was tired enough to lay down...they conceded and everything went fine from there...they warn you might have a little sore throat after but I was lucky and had none...I did have a terrible coughing spell and requested some tinsel of pearl and after getting that cough stopped (my pulm. doc. always has me have some on hand if I just can't stop coughing after a prolonged period and they work real quick for me, just for your info)
I have had several of these now and each time I know what to expect and what way is better for me. Just remember don't be afraid to speak up before, during and after, after all it is your body and your emotional well-being and you have a right to know just what they are doing or going to do. Speak up and ASK<ASK<ASK...it is your duty and right to know everything.

greatbay

Conscious sedation at my hospital is you are sort of in an amnesiatic sleep and do not really know what is going on. The only part I disliked was the preparation before they put you in your dreamy state...I have a problem laying down without coughing and finally convinced them to do everything while I was sitting and I would tell them when I was tired enough to lay down...they conceded and everything went fine from there...they warn you might have a little sore throat after but I was lucky and had none...I did have a terrible coughing spell and requested some tinsel of pearl and after getting that cough stopped (my pulm. doc. always has me have some on hand if I just can't stop coughing after a prolonged period and they work real quick for me, just for your info)
I have had several of these now and each time I know what to expect and what way is better for me. Just remember don't be afraid to speak up before, during and after, after all it is your body and your emotional well-being and you have a right to know just what they are doing or going to do. Speak up and ASK<ASK<ASK...it is your duty and right to know everything.

greatbay

greatbay

greatbay

<br />I have had several of these now and each time I know what to expect and what way is better for me. Just remember don't be afraid to speak up before, during and after, after all it is your body and your emotional well-being and you have a right to know just what they are doing or going to do. Speak up and ASK<ASK<ASK...it is your duty and right to know everything.