first bronchoscopy

zoe4life

Zoe has had a few bronchs. She is always put completely asleep, probably due to her young age. She has a very wet mucousy cough the 12-24 hours after. Sometimes complains of a sore throat.The good thing about a bronch is that you get a "true" bacterial culture directly from the lungs. Zoe's first ever bronch grew 'heavy MRSA'....her regular throat swab hadn't shown that at all. So, they were able to treat her MRSA accordingly.
Mel had her first one when she was 40yrs.old. She didn't really feel like it made any difference. I guess some clinics do them and some don't.
But remember, you can make all the decisions about your own healthcare.

zoe4life

Zoe has had a few bronchs. She is always put completely asleep, probably due to her young age. She has a very wet mucousy cough the 12-24 hours after. Sometimes complains of a sore throat.The good thing about a bronch is that you get a "true" bacterial culture directly from the lungs. Zoe's first ever bronch grew 'heavy MRSA'....her regular throat swab hadn't shown that at all. So, they were able to treat her MRSA accordingly.
Mel had her first one when she was 40yrs.old. She didn't really feel like it made any difference. I guess some clinics do them and some don't.

zoe4life

zoe4life

zoe4life

<br />Mel had her first one when she was 40yrs.old. She didn't really feel like it made any difference. I guess some clinics do them and some don't.
<br />But remember, you can make all the decisions about your own healthcare.

debs2girls

<span class="FTHighlightFont">How often are bronchs recommended? Debbie - every 3 months?! Ellie hasn't had one yet. I remember reading somewhere on the forums that there is always concern for introduction of bacteria during a bronch - wouldn't a quarterly bronch seem risky? I know they have their place...but I'll really feel out of the loop if they should be performed every 3 months, yet we haven't gone through a single one yet! </span ft>

Kitomd21..you are not out of the loop. Dd has issues that require a bronch every three months...yes there are risks involved, but the risks are greater to not do bronchs that often. We are trying to find a different means to an end. I was commenting about dd's bronchs not being a big deal for her for the original poster to feel a little bit more at ease about them.

debs2girls

<span class="FTHighlightFont">How often are bronchs recommended? Debbie - every 3 months?! Ellie hasn't had one yet. I remember reading somewhere on the forums that there is always concern for introduction of bacteria during a bronch - wouldn't a quarterly bronch seem risky? I know they have their place...but I'll really feel out of the loop if they should be performed every 3 months, yet we haven't gone through a single one yet! </span ft>

Kitomd21..you are not out of the loop. Dd has issues that require a bronch every three months...yes there are risks involved, but the risks are greater to not do bronchs that often. We are trying to find a different means to an end. I was commenting about dd's bronchs not being a big deal for her for the original poster to feel a little bit more at ease about them.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />
<br />Kitomd21..you are not out of the loop. Dd has issues that require a bronch every three months...yes there are risks involved, but the risks are greater to not do bronchs that often. We are trying to find a different means to an end. I was commenting about dd's bronchs not being a big deal for her for the original poster to feel a little bit more at ease about them.

greatbay

Tinsel of Perle (spelled it wrong the first time) it is a yellow round capsule filled with liquid that helps surpress excessive coughing...Pulm. doc gave it to me because some of my coughing fits were lasting an hour or more...and to use when I develop a cold. It works wonders on me...cough stops within 30 - 60 seconds. I use to cough so much I would bust open blood vessels in throat and before I knew it I would have an infection there...so rule is 30 min. coughing pop a pill. fine with me. hopes this helps.

greatbay

Tinsel of Perle (spelled it wrong the first time) it is a yellow round capsule filled with liquid that helps surpress excessive coughing...Pulm. doc gave it to me because some of my coughing fits were lasting an hour or more...and to use when I develop a cold. It works wonders on me...cough stops within 30 - 60 seconds. I use to cough so much I would bust open blood vessels in throat and before I knew it I would have an infection there...so rule is 30 min. coughing pop a pill. fine with me. hopes this helps.

greatbay

greatbay

greatbay