First Post.

D

DonnyJepp

Just introducing myself, was doing some random late night reading and came across this board. I thought it might be interesting to join as I have C.F and have never spoken to or met another person with it, I live in a smaller Kansas town so the range of people I know is rather limited. I guess I should say alittle about myself, I'm 29 male who was diagnosed at 7. I was born in California moved here when I was 11. My hobbies include reading (Science Fact and Fiction) gaming, screaming profanities at myself in the mirror until I cry and smashing lawn gnomes with a baseball bat. I also enjoy eating loads and loads of food then mocking friends and family members when they talk about dieting and trying to lose weight. Gotta enjoy the few perks that come with C.F somehow. :) Anyway thats me, I'm glass half-full kinda guy.

edit: I should mention that I couldn't post in the "Who are you in a nut shell" thread as google chrome kept timing out when I clicked the last page.

JustDucky

Welcome to the site! I'm 40, dx'd at 33 and live in a small town in NY. I have been a member for awhile, the information I have gained is invaluable not to mention the wonderful people I have formed friendships with.. You have some interesting hobbies lol.....good sense of humor! I think that helps tremendously when dealing with an illness like CF.. I don't work, was a nurse before I had to stop. Now, I fill my days with watching movies (love the 80's movies like Back to the Future, Goonies, Nat'l Lampoon....I have watched them probably 100 times, yet I still find them funny), listening to music (all types) , reading whatever I get my hands on, and painting.

Jen 40 wCF

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Hi there,

Welcome to our community forums! I hope you find it useful. We offer advice and support from many active members.

We have Wednesday night Chats at 8PM USA Eastern Time. All members are welcome. (Click the chat button at the top of the page) If you're interested in talking with others who may share the same experiences as you, please join us. We chat about all topics.

D

DonnyJepp

Thanks for the Welcome, I have already found the site to be interesting. As I said I have never spoken with or met anyone else with C.F. I have already enjoyed reading alot of the posts here, I often times wonder if I'm just quirky or if some of the issues I have come from the C.F it seems the latter is more true then I thought. When comes to humor Its what I fall back on when tragedy strikes or I meet new people, If I can make myself laugh It helps with shyness and nerves.