First Sinus Surgery - questions

SaltyAndSweet

I am going in for my first sinus surgery at the end of next month. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful advice?

Also, for those who have had it, how long did they keep you in the hospital (if at all), and how long were you stuck in bed.

I need to figure out how much MORE vacation time I need to borrow from my work.

Thanks a bunch!
~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

I am going in for my first sinus surgery at the end of next month. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful advice?

Also, for those who have had it, how long did they keep you in the hospital (if at all), and how long were you stuck in bed.

Thanks a bunch!
~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

Thanks a bunch!
~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

Thanks a bunch!
~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

<br />
<br />Also, for those who have had it, how long did they keep you in the hospital (if at all), and how long were you stuck in bed.
<br />
<br />I need to figure out how much MORE vacation time I need to borrow from my work.
<br />
<br />Thanks a bunch!
<br />~aspen.

cdale613

Hi Aspen,

My most recent sinus surgery was done on as an outpatient. I had nasal polyps removed, and my deviated septum fixed.

I checked in around 7 am, and after waking up in the recovery room, was sent home to bed after an hour or so.

I scheduled my surgery for a Thursday, and was able to return to work on Monday after laying low for the weekend.

Buy some bags of frozen vegetables and use them as ice packs.

Good luck!

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Hi Aspen,

My most recent sinus surgery was done on as an outpatient. I had nasal polyps removed, and my deviated septum fixed.

I checked in around 7 am, and after waking up in the recovery room, was sent home to bed after an hour or so.

I scheduled my surgery for a Thursday, and was able to return to work on Monday after laying low for the weekend.

Good luck!

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Hi Aspen,

Good luck!

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Hi Aspen,

Good luck!

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Hi Aspen,
<br />
<br />My most recent sinus surgery was done on as an outpatient. I had nasal polyps removed, and my deviated septum fixed.
<br />
<br />I checked in around 7 am, and after waking up in the recovery room, was sent home to bed after an hour or so.
<br />
<br />I scheduled my surgery for a Thursday, and was able to return to work on Monday after laying low for the weekend.
<br />
<br />Buy some bags of frozen vegetables and use them as ice packs.
<br />
<br />Good luck!
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />27 m w/cf

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
My husband had sinus surgery last November. It was done outpatient, so the surgery was mid morning and he was released late afternoon.

His doctor said he MAY have to stay off work for up to 2 weeks, but since he has a desk job he could probably get by with just one week. He had the surgery on a wednesday, got the packing out the following monday, and went back to work on tuesday.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
My husband had sinus surgery last November. It was done outpatient, so the surgery was mid morning and he was released late afternoon.

His doctor said he MAY have to stay off work for up to 2 weeks, but since he has a desk job he could probably get by with just one week. He had the surgery on a wednesday, got the packing out the following monday, and went back to work on tuesday.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />His doctor said he MAY have to stay off work for up to 2 weeks, but since he has a desk job he could probably get by with just one week. He had the surgery on a wednesday, got the packing out the following monday, and went back to work on tuesday.
<br />
<br />

Marjolein

I had to be in the day before and I went home the day after the surgery.

I wasn't stuck in bed or anything. Just the day of surgery when I didn't feel well. I was feeling sick of all the blood that had gone into my stomach during the surgery. So I felt like I could vomit all the time but I didn't... finally I did and it made me feel much better.

I had this gaze under my nose for the first day. And ofcourse had tampons deep in my nose. They had to stay in for a week I think. Or maybe a little longer. I remember they took it out a day before they would usually do it because otherwise it would have been my birthday.
It did hurt when the ENT took them out, but it was ok.

After that I had to flush my sinusses with saline 3 times a day for a few weeks I think.

And usually they prescribe antibiotics too but I was already on Co-trimoxasol(Bactrim)
and Azithromycine because of my lungtransplant as as these abx cover a lot he didn't give me anything else. If I did need them I would have started them right after the surgery.

Marjolein

I wasn't stuck in bed or anything. Just the day of surgery when I didn't feel well. I was feeling sick of all the blood that had gone into my stomach during the surgery. So I felt like I could vomit all the time but I didn't... finally I did and it made me feel much better.

I had this gaze under my nose for the first day. And ofcourse had tampons deep in my nose. They had to stay in for a week I think. Or maybe a little longer. I remember they took it out a day before they would usually do it because otherwise it would have been my birthday.

After that I had to flush my sinusses with saline 3 times a day for a few weeks I think.

And usually they prescribe antibiotics too but I was already on Co-trimoxasol(Bactrim)
and Azithromycine because of my lungtransplant as as these abx cover a lot he didn't give me anything else. If I did need them I would have started them right after the surgery.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />I wasn't stuck in bed or anything. Just the day of surgery when I didn't feel well. I was feeling sick of all the blood that had gone into my stomach during the surgery. So I felt like I could vomit all the time but I didn't... finally I did and it made me feel much better.
<br />
<br />I had this gaze under my nose for the first day. And ofcourse had tampons deep in my nose. They had to stay in for a week I think. Or maybe a little longer. I remember they took it out a day before they would usually do it because otherwise it would have been my birthday.
<br />It did hurt when the ENT took them out, but it was ok.
<br />
<br />After that I had to flush my sinusses with saline 3 times a day for a few weeks I think.
<br />
<br />And usually they prescribe antibiotics too but I was already on Co-trimoxasol(Bactrim)
<br />and Azithromycine because of my lungtransplant as as these abx cover a lot he didn't give me anything else. If I did need them I would have started them right after the surgery.