First visit since oregano

Brad

All I can is thats Amazing !!!!!!

I must go now I need to place an Order...........................

Brad

All I can is thats Amazing !!!!!!

I must go now I need to place an Order...........................

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Brad</b></i><br>All I can is thats Amazing !!!!!!

I must go now I need to place an Order...........................<hr></blockquote>

As i've said countless times, do your own research, and discuss anything treatment change wise with your CF doc. I want people to be ok with using the substance on their own, and not because me, kiel, and several others have reported true amazing reactions. Remember, if you are allergic to anything in the oregano herb family, it's a given not to take this, because it's a concentrated essential oil from the oregano herb family...So if you are allergic to any herbs that you know of, look into what family that herb belongs to, and to make sure it's not the oregano family of herbs. To make sure of such a thing (many people don't know they are allergic to anything untill they find out the hard way), try a tiny drop of the in the mouth/under the tongue and wait a while before fully committing to taking the stuff full time. I wouldn't want to advocate someone use the oil and the go nutty the first time with 6 drops in their nebs and go into anaphalactic shock. From what i've read, alergy to this family of herbs is very rare, so I doubt it, but it's always worth it to remind people.

Also as I said before, in order to give anything a legitimate chance, give it's use a good month try on a real regimen. If it doesn't work for you, not much lost. If it does, more than a lot could be gained.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Brad</b></i><br>All I can is thats Amazing !!!!!!

I must go now I need to place an Order...........................<hr></blockquote>

As i've said countless times, do your own research, and discuss anything treatment change wise with your CF doc. I want people to be ok with using the substance on their own, and not because me, kiel, and several others have reported true amazing reactions. Remember, if you are allergic to anything in the oregano herb family, it's a given not to take this, because it's a concentrated essential oil from the oregano herb family...So if you are allergic to any herbs that you know of, look into what family that herb belongs to, and to make sure it's not the oregano family of herbs. To make sure of such a thing (many people don't know they are allergic to anything untill they find out the hard way), try a tiny drop of the in the mouth/under the tongue and wait a while before fully committing to taking the stuff full time. I wouldn't want to advocate someone use the oil and the go nutty the first time with 6 drops in their nebs and go into anaphalactic shock. From what i've read, alergy to this family of herbs is very rare, so I doubt it, but it's always worth it to remind people.

Also as I said before, in order to give anything a legitimate chance, give it's use a good month try on a real regimen. If it doesn't work for you, not much lost. If it does, more than a lot could be gained.

anonymous

Do you know of any studies being done on the oregano oil by CF researchers? I'm sure someone has answered this already but what made you decide to try it? Do you know of any bad side effects other than if you are allergic? Where do you get it- health food stores? I know you nebulize it- Will only nebulizes pulmozyme- do you use same nebulizer? Before pulmo or after? Thanks- I feel like such a chicken about doing nonmainstream things but this really sounds so wonderful. Did your drs have any qualms about you doing it? Susan

anonymous

Do you know of any studies being done on the oregano oil by CF researchers? I'm sure someone has answered this already but what made you decide to try it? Do you know of any bad side effects other than if you are allergic? Where do you get it- health food stores? I know you nebulize it- Will only nebulizes pulmozyme- do you use same nebulizer? Before pulmo or after? Thanks- I feel like such a chicken about doing nonmainstream things but this really sounds so wonderful. Did your drs have any qualms about you doing it? Susan

anonymous

Its me -Susan-again. Do I understand that some take it in pill form or just put drops on tongue and some nebulize it? Sorry if these ?s are dumb or have been answered.

anonymous

Its me -Susan-again. Do I understand that some take it in pill form or just put drops on tongue and some nebulize it? Sorry if these ?s are dumb or have been answered.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Do you know of any studies being done on the oregano oil by CF researchers? I'm sure someone has answered this already but what made you decide to try it? Do you know of any bad side effects other than if you are allergic? Where do you get it- health food stores? I know you nebulize it- Will only nebulizes pulmozyme- do you use same nebulizer? Before pulmo or after? Thanks- I feel like such a chicken about doing nonmainstream things but this really sounds so wonderful. Did your drs have any qualms about you doing it? Susan<hr></blockquote>

No direct studies regarding CF patients and the use of oregano oil has been performed to my knowlege.

My sister informed me of some pretty high end claims regarding the oil (shes a big time earthy hippy chick) when she saw I was pretty pissed off regarding 24 days of intense IV anitbiotics, and 10 days hospitalization and home IV's. After that I started trying to prove her and those claims wrong, with mountains of research material and many many hours of time spent going through it all.

As far as "any bad side effects" regarding the use of the oil: This oil, and other oils can be antiplatelets, so it's use "thins the blood". The reports of it's blood thining capabilities are said to be much like aspirin. I personally take vitamin K, and feel all CF's should take vitamin K even without oil intake, because the oil helps with clotting, and is a common supplement for CF's. Out of every CF who has used the oil and reported on their progress, one patient in the U.K. who was post transplant on a ton of medications associated with that, complained of strong headaches (could have been attributed to countless things, but never the less I never advocate the use of the oils for those who have had a transplant due to that being so delicate in general). The other I believe was on here, and said that after two days of using they oil, they stopped because they felt it made them cough more than usual. Oregano oil, as many essential oils, is an mucoudal irritant, to some probably similar to hypertonic saline in it's effect, probably to others (some have posted here giving credit to this) it doesn't irritate at all or very slightly. The only other side effect besides those possible side effects is that most report feeling very tired during the first few days of it's use. There is an actual medical term for this side effect, and it's due to a massive killoff of microbes within the patients body, and the dead microbes corpses floating around in the patients body, and their related toxins due to that. This feeling passes after a few days, and the patient doesn't feel tired. For me it was about 3 days, for my normal sister it was around 2 days when she was sick. I am unaware of any other side effects related to the use of oregano oil. The FDA has recognized oregano oil and oregano in general as GRAS, which stands for Generally Recognized As Safe.

You can get the oil from some of the higher end natural food stores if you have any near you, or offline. I personally recommend the Oreganol P73 brand from North American Herb and Spice due to my results with their product, and their product has actually been used in real research. I feel any is better than none, but that brand of product is the only one I can personally vouch for, and most if not all of the CF's who have reported amazing results with the substance have used that brand of product as well.

I nebulize the water soluble oil (named H2 Orega) from the same company. It's the same product, it's just water soluble so it's much more friendlier and efficient for the purpose of nebulizing the product. Some other people use a facial inhaler (which I do also sporadically) to inhale the oregano oil via steam, and sometimes have other oils known for their antimicrobial properties added to it as well.

I neb the water soluble oil when I wake up with albuterol, then I neb my colistin, and thats the end of my morning aresols (though i'm starting to reconsider using collistin, so if something happens and say my insurance won't pay for it for some reason, I won't be crying in my beer). No I don't use the same nebulizer. I have one nebulizer for each medication. CF's shouldn't mix their nebulizers with different medications, because some medications (such as pulmozyme) are very sensitive to other drugs/chemicals. At night I neb the albuterol with the water soluble oil, then the pulmozyme, then the collistin.

The oil is available in it's regular form, capsule form, and water soluble form.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Do you know of any studies being done on the oregano oil by CF researchers? I'm sure someone has answered this already but what made you decide to try it? Do you know of any bad side effects other than if you are allergic? Where do you get it- health food stores? I know you nebulize it- Will only nebulizes pulmozyme- do you use same nebulizer? Before pulmo or after? Thanks- I feel like such a chicken about doing nonmainstream things but this really sounds so wonderful. Did your drs have any qualms about you doing it? Susan<hr></blockquote>

No direct studies regarding CF patients and the use of oregano oil has been performed to my knowlege.

My sister informed me of some pretty high end claims regarding the oil (shes a big time earthy hippy chick) when she saw I was pretty pissed off regarding 24 days of intense IV anitbiotics, and 10 days hospitalization and home IV's. After that I started trying to prove her and those claims wrong, with mountains of research material and many many hours of time spent going through it all.

As far as "any bad side effects" regarding the use of the oil: This oil, and other oils can be antiplatelets, so it's use "thins the blood". The reports of it's blood thining capabilities are said to be much like aspirin. I personally take vitamin K, and feel all CF's should take vitamin K even without oil intake, because the oil helps with clotting, and is a common supplement for CF's. Out of every CF who has used the oil and reported on their progress, one patient in the U.K. who was post transplant on a ton of medications associated with that, complained of strong headaches (could have been attributed to countless things, but never the less I never advocate the use of the oils for those who have had a transplant due to that being so delicate in general). The other I believe was on here, and said that after two days of using they oil, they stopped because they felt it made them cough more than usual. Oregano oil, as many essential oils, is an mucoudal irritant, to some probably similar to hypertonic saline in it's effect, probably to others (some have posted here giving credit to this) it doesn't irritate at all or very slightly. The only other side effect besides those possible side effects is that most report feeling very tired during the first few days of it's use. There is an actual medical term for this side effect, and it's due to a massive killoff of microbes within the patients body, and the dead microbes corpses floating around in the patients body, and their related toxins due to that. This feeling passes after a few days, and the patient doesn't feel tired. For me it was about 3 days, for my normal sister it was around 2 days when she was sick. I am unaware of any other side effects related to the use of oregano oil. The FDA has recognized oregano oil and oregano in general as GRAS, which stands for Generally Recognized As Safe.

You can get the oil from some of the higher end natural food stores if you have any near you, or offline. I personally recommend the Oreganol P73 brand from North American Herb and Spice due to my results with their product, and their product has actually been used in real research. I feel any is better than none, but that brand of product is the only one I can personally vouch for, and most if not all of the CF's who have reported amazing results with the substance have used that brand of product as well.

I nebulize the water soluble oil (named H2 Orega) from the same company. It's the same product, it's just water soluble so it's much more friendlier and efficient for the purpose of nebulizing the product. Some other people use a facial inhaler (which I do also sporadically) to inhale the oregano oil via steam, and sometimes have other oils known for their antimicrobial properties added to it as well.

I neb the water soluble oil when I wake up with albuterol, then I neb my colistin, and thats the end of my morning aresols (though i'm starting to reconsider using collistin, so if something happens and say my insurance won't pay for it for some reason, I won't be crying in my beer). No I don't use the same nebulizer. I have one nebulizer for each medication. CF's shouldn't mix their nebulizers with different medications, because some medications (such as pulmozyme) are very sensitive to other drugs/chemicals. At night I neb the albuterol with the water soluble oil, then the pulmozyme, then the collistin.

The oil is available in it's regular form, capsule form, and water soluble form.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Its me -Susan-again. Do I understand that some take it in pill form or just put drops on tongue and some nebulize it? Sorry if these ?s are dumb or have been answered.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah. You can take the pills, use the regular (or water soluble oil) sublingually (under the tongue), inhale the oil via steam and a facial inhaler, or neb the oil (preferably water soluble).

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Its me -Susan-again. Do I understand that some take it in pill form or just put drops on tongue and some nebulize it? Sorry if these ?s are dumb or have been answered.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah. You can take the pills, use the regular (or water soluble oil) sublingually (under the tongue), inhale the oil via steam and a facial inhaler, or neb the oil (preferably water soluble).

anonymous

I think Sean should make his own website with all his information because if he is the one who put this together he deserves all the credit.
Risa

anonymous

I think Sean should make his own website with all his information because if he is the one who put this together he deserves all the credit.
Risa

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>I think Sean should make his own website with all his information because if he is the one who put this together he deserves all the credit.

Risa<hr></blockquote>

i like that idea. Kinda like julies infertility site but about oreg oil. That way all the info will just be right there........."ooo for cf"

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>I think Sean should make his own website with all his information because if he is the one who put this together he deserves all the credit.

Risa<hr></blockquote>

i like that idea. Kinda like julies infertility site but about oreg oil. That way all the info will just be right there........."ooo for cf"

anonymous

i would like to hear from someone who has nebbed both that gsh stuff and the oil. Some people swear by that gsh but havn't heard from people lately.

///////don wanna hijak kiels post too bad though

anonymous

i would like to hear from someone who has nebbed both that gsh stuff and the oil. Some people swear by that gsh but havn't heard from people lately.

///////don wanna hijak kiels post too bad though

Faust

Risa<hr></blockquote>

Well I didn't create the oil. I just did my own research on the stuff, found out what it did to common CF nasty microbes and put 2 and 2 together and figured i'd be a guinea pig and start taking it. That lead to nebbing it. And here I am now, just trying to share my information with others who could benefit. "Credit" doesn't mean anything to me in the scheme of things. I just want to see if others react to it like I did, and spread the word so that more people could possibly be helped. To me the most important thing by far is that CF patients benefit from a large boost in quality of life, and hopefully a boost in logevity. We are screwed enough as it is, anything that could possibly help us out health/life wise, i'm ALL for.

Faust

Risa<hr></blockquote>

Well I didn't create the oil. I just did my own research on the stuff, found out what it did to common CF nasty microbes and put 2 and 2 together and figured i'd be a guinea pig and start taking it. That lead to nebbing it. And here I am now, just trying to share my information with others who could benefit. "Credit" doesn't mean anything to me in the scheme of things. I just want to see if others react to it like I did, and spread the word so that more people could possibly be helped. To me the most important thing by far is that CF patients benefit from a large boost in quality of life, and hopefully a boost in logevity. We are screwed enough as it is, anything that could possibly help us out health/life wise, i'm ALL for.