Fitting treatments into the day

Tylersmom28

My LO is 7months old and we just recently had to start doing Tobi and Cipro b/c he cultured Psuedomonas. I'm just soo overwhelmed now b/c of this and having to do his PT's twice a day. How do you fit all of this into your day? Do you just get up early and get it all out the way or what? I'm just trying to figure out how to fit all of this into his day w/bottles,naps and playtime!! I stay at home right now, but will soon go back to work part time..then I'm really going to stress!!! HELP!

Tylersmom28

My LO is 7months old and we just recently had to start doing Tobi and Cipro b/c he cultured Psuedomonas. I'm just soo overwhelmed now b/c of this and having to do his PT's twice a day. How do you fit all of this into your day? Do you just get up early and get it all out the way or what? I'm just trying to figure out how to fit all of this into his day w/bottles,naps and playtime!! I stay at home right now, but will soon go back to work part time..then I'm really going to stress!!! HELP!

Tylersmom28

Tylersmom28

Tylersmom28

T

TonyaH

Hi Ashley,
This can all be quite overwhelming, especially just starting out. The best advice I can give you is routine. This will help you plan your day, but it will also help Tyler learn early on that nebs and therapy are as much a part of his normal routine as brushing his teeth or taking a bath.

The other piece of advice I would give you is to come here often. It really helps to hear that there are so many of us doing the same thing every day. It is easy to feel alone when you are the only mom you know having to require this kind of schedule from your child. But we are all here to remind each other that you are not the only mom, and that we all understand what it takes to keep our kiddos healthy.

Best of luck as you work with Tyler to find a schedule that works for your family. I know it doesn't fee like it now, but there will come a day when you are kind of on autopilot and everything seems to work itself out.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone has told you this, but TOBI and Cipro are a great combo for treating early PA infections. Many children who culture PA for the first time early on can have it eradicated. Andrew's first positive culture was when he was 9 months old. After a couple rounds of TOBI, he then didn't culture it again until 5,,then not again until 8! Now it is here to stay, but is still responding to many different meds, so we are fortunate. I hope the same for Tyler!

T

TonyaH

Hi Ashley,
This can all be quite overwhelming, especially just starting out. The best advice I can give you is routine. This will help you plan your day, but it will also help Tyler learn early on that nebs and therapy are as much a part of his normal routine as brushing his teeth or taking a bath.

The other piece of advice I would give you is to come here often. It really helps to hear that there are so many of us doing the same thing every day. It is easy to feel alone when you are the only mom you know having to require this kind of schedule from your child. But we are all here to remind each other that you are not the only mom, and that we all understand what it takes to keep our kiddos healthy.

Best of luck as you work with Tyler to find a schedule that works for your family. I know it doesn't fee like it now, but there will come a day when you are kind of on autopilot and everything seems to work itself out.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone has told you this, but TOBI and Cipro are a great combo for treating early PA infections. Many children who culture PA for the first time early on can have it eradicated. Andrew's first positive culture was when he was 9 months old. After a couple rounds of TOBI, he then didn't culture it again until 5,,then not again until 8! Now it is here to stay, but is still responding to many different meds, so we are fortunate. I hope the same for Tyler!

T

TonyaH

Hi Ashley,

T

TonyaH

Hi Ashley,

T

TonyaH

Hi Ashley,
<br />This can all be quite overwhelming, especially just starting out. The best advice I can give you is routine. This will help you plan your day, but it will also help Tyler learn early on that nebs and therapy are as much a part of his normal routine as brushing his teeth or taking a bath.
<br />
<br />The other piece of advice I would give you is to come here often. It really helps to hear that there are so many of us doing the same thing every day. It is easy to feel alone when you are the only mom you know having to require this kind of schedule from your child. But we are all here to remind each other that you are not the only mom, and that we all understand what it takes to keep our kiddos healthy.
<br />
<br />Best of luck as you work with Tyler to find a schedule that works for your family. I know it doesn't fee like it now, but there will come a day when you are kind of on autopilot and everything seems to work itself out.
<br />
<br />Oh, and I don't know if anyone has told you this, but TOBI and Cipro are a great combo for treating early PA infections. Many children who culture PA for the first time early on can have it eradicated. Andrew's first positive culture was when he was 9 months old. After a couple rounds of TOBI, he then didn't culture it again until 5,,then not again until 8! Now it is here to stay, but is still responding to many different meds, so we are fortunate. I hope the same for Tyler!

Tylersmom28

Thank you soo much! It does help to come here and talk to others who know what I'm going through and know that I'm not alone in this. I mean just as soon as I got use to doing his PT's and we had that in our daily routine we had to start the Tobi and Cipro. I am very glad to hear that these two meds put together can get rid of that nasty bacteria! Thanks again for you response!

Tylersmom28

Thank you soo much! It does help to come here and talk to others who know what I'm going through and know that I'm not alone in this. I mean just as soon as I got use to doing his PT's and we had that in our daily routine we had to start the Tobi and Cipro. I am very glad to hear that these two meds put together can get rid of that nasty bacteria! Thanks again for you response!

Tylersmom28

Tylersmom28

Tylersmom28

lilly71009

my daughter is 8 months, and i had the same problem as you. its hard to finally master one schedule, and then have to change it! we do 4 pt's a day, and when we had the tobi it kind of threw our day off at first. you will figure this out as to what is best for you! it will work, you can do this! i usually fit in a pt first thing in the morning before my daughter's first bottle of the day. we didnt do this in the beginning because she was to hungry to get a treatment first thing in the morning. squeezing it in before her bottle now has helped out with time issues a lot! maybe you could try this?

if you ever need to talk, it seems we are in a similiar position, please dont hesitate to message me!

lilly71009

my daughter is 8 months, and i had the same problem as you. its hard to finally master one schedule, and then have to change it! we do 4 pt's a day, and when we had the tobi it kind of threw our day off at first. you will figure this out as to what is best for you! it will work, you can do this! i usually fit in a pt first thing in the morning before my daughter's first bottle of the day. we didnt do this in the beginning because she was to hungry to get a treatment first thing in the morning. squeezing it in before her bottle now has helped out with time issues a lot! maybe you could try this?

if you ever need to talk, it seems we are in a similiar position, please dont hesitate to message me!

lilly71009

lilly71009

lilly71009

<br />
<br />if you ever need to talk, it seems we are in a similiar position, please dont hesitate to message me!