flu shot vs flu mist

Nicole

My husband is in the AF and it's mandatory for him to get a flu shot each year. He is supposed to be getting flu mist unless he has a medical reason to get the shot. After reading an older thread I told my son's CF doc my concerns about flu mist. All she said was that it's okay for my husband to get flu mist--just not my son. I am still concerned. What do all your drs say about family members getting flu mist?

Nicole

My husband is in the AF and it's mandatory for him to get a flu shot each year. He is supposed to be getting flu mist unless he has a medical reason to get the shot. After reading an older thread I told my son's CF doc my concerns about flu mist. All she said was that it's okay for my husband to get flu mist--just not my son. I am still concerned. What do all your drs say about family members getting flu mist?

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

A

Andrea

The nurse at the CF center we go to in Orlando told us that no one in our household should get the flu mist. Ben is still a baby (almost 7 months). I don't know if that has anything to do with it but, she just said we all should get the shot not the mist.

A

Andrea

The nurse at the CF center we go to in Orlando told us that no one in our household should get the flu mist. Ben is still a baby (almost 7 months). I don't know if that has anything to do with it but, she just said we all should get the shot not the mist.

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

Liza

This dang flu mist, is just causing us all confusion. Or at least you and me anyway. My daughter's transplant doc said the same thing. That it was OK for her room mate to get the flu mist and that she didn't have to stay away from Anna after getting it. Yet I hear so many not good things about it, now I am concerned if I should second guess her own tranplant doc who I know wants the best for her.

Liza

This dang flu mist, is just causing us all confusion. Or at least you and me anyway. My daughter's transplant doc said the same thing. That it was OK for her room mate to get the flu mist and that she didn't have to stay away from Anna after getting it. Yet I hear so many not good things about it, now I am concerned if I should second guess her own tranplant doc who I know wants the best for her.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I wondered about this myself a couple years ago when there was a vaccine shortage and I'd read the literature on Flu-Mist, wondering if I could get it instead. I keep meaning to ask DS' ID doctor, but we won't see him until December and meanwhile I've gotten my shot and DS & DH get theirs tomorrow.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I wondered about this myself a couple years ago when there was a vaccine shortage and I'd read the literature on Flu-Mist, wondering if I could get it instead. I keep meaning to ask DS' ID doctor, but we won't see him until December and meanwhile I've gotten my shot and DS & DH get theirs tomorrow.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member