Flu vaccine?

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>
Be very very careful when doing vitamins or any healthfood/natural alternatives. I know there are issues with Post Tx & some of them!</end quote></div>

That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.

MicheleGazelle

Be very very careful when doing vitamins or any healthfood/natural alternatives. I know there are issues with Post Tx & some of them!</end quote></div>

That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

Be very very careful when doing vitamins or any healthfood/natural alternatives. I know there are issues with Post Tx & some of them!</end quote>

MicheleGazelle

<br />Be very very careful when doing vitamins or any healthfood/natural alternatives. I know there are issues with Post Tx & some of them!</end quote>
<br />
<br />That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MicheleGazelle</b></i>
That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.</end quote></div>

Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MicheleGazelle</b></i>
That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.</end quote></div>

Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Be very very careful when doing vitamins or any healthfood/natural alternatives. I know there are issues with Post Tx & some of them!</end quote>
That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>
<br />Be very very careful when doing vitamins or any healthfood/natural alternatives. I know there are issues with Post Tx & some of them!</end quote>
<br />That's true: Natural stuff can have a strong effect and some things have side effects, like some anti-inflammatory things are also blood thinners. But then everything you put in your mouth has potential medicinal effects. Spices typically have some sort of medicinal effect. Eating the right oils can greatly reduce inflammation and eating the wrong ones can greatly increase it (and most of what most Americans eat makes inflammation worse). Most people seem to suffer through the effects of the food they eat without apparently realizing there is a direct connection between things they eat and whether or not they have an exacerbation. Most folks would benefit from learning more about such things.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.

MicheleGazelle

Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.</end quote></div>

I tend to assume that transplant patients are fully aware that they need to be extra careful about all kinds of things.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.</end quote></div>

I tend to assume that transplant patients are fully aware that they need to be extra careful about all kinds of things.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.</end quote>

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />
<br />Very true that is why its important that tx patients pay closer attention. I dont know the procedure or how much they are given as far as guidelines to follow to avoid issues, but if they were following some of what you speak of to begin with then when something goes haywire it would be easier to know if its connected to consumption of something or rejection, meds etc.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I tend to assume that transplant patients are fully aware that they need to be extra careful about all kinds of things.
<br />
<br />Peace.

Liza

Very true Melissa. Anna already takes an anti-viral that they prescribed. Otherwise since transplant Anna doesn't take anything, and I mean ANYTHING medicinal or herbal without prior approval from her transplant team. When they went so far as telling us specifically what kind of eye drops to use, which I'd not have thought of a darn eye drop, you know OTC type not prescription, she follows the rules exactly as they say. Herbal "meds" too. Heck we wouldn't even try those new fangled yogurt things that are supposed to regulate the stuff in your belly without asking first. You know that activia type stuff.

Liza

Very true Melissa. Anna already takes an anti-viral that they prescribed. Otherwise since transplant Anna doesn't take anything, and I mean ANYTHING medicinal or herbal without prior approval from her transplant team. When they went so far as telling us specifically what kind of eye drops to use, which I'd not have thought of a darn eye drop, you know OTC type not prescription, she follows the rules exactly as they say. Herbal "meds" too. Heck we wouldn't even try those new fangled yogurt things that are supposed to regulate the stuff in your belly without asking first. You know that activia type stuff.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />