Flying with meds and nebs

Rudyrose

This will be my first time flying and carrying nebulizer and meds that need to be refrigerated.(Pulmozyme and Tobi). I read on the web and it looks like it is not a big problem to carry these things on but has anyone had any experience that says otherwise or any helpful hints I need to know. I sure don't want to have to throw a weeks worth of meds in the garbage at the airport because I didn't do something right or have the right paperwork or something.

Rudyrose

This will be my first time flying and carrying nebulizer and meds that need to be refrigerated.(Pulmozyme and Tobi). I read on the web and it looks like it is not a big problem to carry these things on but has anyone had any experience that says otherwise or any helpful hints I need to know. I sure don't want to have to throw a weeks worth of meds in the garbage at the airport because I didn't do something right or have the right paperwork or something.

Rudyrose

Rudyrose

Rudyrose

Emily65Roses

Just make sure they're in the original prescription-label boxes, and you'll be fine. Little coolers are really convenient for this type of stuff. The nebulizer is fine too. They send it through the camera thing, and they've seen them before. You shouldn't have any trouble. The only kind of thing you'd need a note for would be needles.

Emily65Roses

Just make sure they're in the original prescription-label boxes, and you'll be fine. Little coolers are really convenient for this type of stuff. The nebulizer is fine too. They send it through the camera thing, and they've seen them before. You shouldn't have any trouble. The only kind of thing you'd need a note for would be needles.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

robert321

i would be careful and make sure that they don't put the meds in the x-ray machine because it'll kill the meds and make them useless in most cases, just tell them and they will hand inspect them, make sure they put on a new pair of gloves before messing with your stuff, you don't know what they've touched in those gloves and you don't want that on your meds, it is within your rights to ask them to put on a new pair of gloves. They'll want to look in all the bottles and thats about it. I would make sure and carry my equiptment on the plane with me as a carryon, if you're careful on how you pack it, it should meet the carry on requirements depending on how much you have, a vest and nebulizer and meds should be fine, carry a dr note and perscription label with you just in case

robert321

i would be careful and make sure that they don't put the meds in the x-ray machine because it'll kill the meds and make them useless in most cases, just tell them and they will hand inspect them, make sure they put on a new pair of gloves before messing with your stuff, you don't know what they've touched in those gloves and you don't want that on your meds, it is within your rights to ask them to put on a new pair of gloves. They'll want to look in all the bottles and thats about it. I would make sure and carry my equiptment on the plane with me as a carryon, if you're careful on how you pack it, it should meet the carry on requirements depending on how much you have, a vest and nebulizer and meds should be fine, carry a dr note and perscription label with you just in case

robert321

robert321

robert321

Emily65Roses

That's a good point. ALL med and therapy stuff MUST be carry-on (I've had luggage lost before... that would have been a b*tch if I had left my meds in my big bag). Since they are medically necessary, they don't count towards your carry-on allowance. You still get your bag and your purse... and then all the med stuff in addition.

Emily65Roses

That's a good point. ALL med and therapy stuff MUST be carry-on (I've had luggage lost before... that would have been a b*tch if I had left my meds in my big bag). Since they are medically necessary, they don't count towards your carry-on allowance. You still get your bag and your purse... and then all the med stuff in addition.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses