For the Guys with CF

vmhoward

Ok my 7 year old son Garran has decided recently that he is a "man", and according to him "men" don't do nebs and vest treatments. And each treatment is a fight as of a few days ago. I told him that I knew plenty of "men" on the site that did their vest and nebs like they are suppose to. So perhaps some of you men out there could write a little something to Garran to explain to him how real men do their vest and nebs and how important it is. Thanks.

Vik

vmhoward

Ok my 7 year old son Garran has decided recently that he is a "man", and according to him "men" don't do nebs and vest treatments. And each treatment is a fight as of a few days ago. I told him that I knew plenty of "men" on the site that did their vest and nebs like they are suppose to. So perhaps some of you men out there could write a little something to Garran to explain to him how real men do their vest and nebs and how important it is. Thanks.

Vik

vmhoward

Vik

vmhoward

Vik

vmhoward

<br />
<br />Vik

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Vik, I started to reply but realized you probably need some men to answer, not moms. You have a good question, I'm curious too.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Vik, I started to reply but realized you probably need some men to answer, not moms. You have a good question, I'm curious too.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

miesl

I'm not either of the things you're looking for, but I am married to a man with CF - so I'll give a few reasons.

To stay as healthy as possible.

Not important to a 7 year old, but important to a "real man" - doing the vest/nebs daily is a lot cheaper than hospital/IV treatment. A real man doesn't want to have to spend money when it could have been avoided.

Important to all - having a PICC sucks. No swimming, no rock climbing, no rough play with the dog.

Being a real man, with a real job - his time to play computer games is limited - VEST time is game time.

Most importantly - the wisdom that comes with being an adult is that there are some things you just can't change. Doing the vest, is one of those things. Being a real man means taking care of yourself, even if it's no fun.

miesl

I'm not either of the things you're looking for, but I am married to a man with CF - so I'll give a few reasons.

Not important to a 7 year old, but important to a "real man" - doing the vest/nebs daily is a lot cheaper than hospital/IV treatment. A real man doesn't want to have to spend money when it could have been avoided.

Important to all - having a PICC sucks. No swimming, no rock climbing, no rough play with the dog.

Being a real man, with a real job - his time to play computer games is limited - VEST time is game time.

Most importantly - the wisdom that comes with being an adult is that there are some things you just can't change. Doing the vest, is one of those things. Being a real man means taking care of yourself, even if it's no fun.

miesl

miesl

miesl

<br />
<br />To stay as healthy as possible.
<br />
<br />Not important to a 7 year old, but important to a "real man" - doing the vest/nebs daily is a lot cheaper than hospital/IV treatment. A real man doesn't want to have to spend money when it could have been avoided.
<br />
<br />Important to all - having a PICC sucks. No swimming, no rock climbing, no rough play with the dog.
<br />
<br />Being a real man, with a real job - his time to play computer games is limited - VEST time is game time.
<br />
<br />Most importantly - the wisdom that comes with being an adult is that there are some things you just can't change. Doing the vest, is one of those things. Being a real man means taking care of yourself, even if it's no fun.

Faust

Dear Garran.

I am a man that is 37 years old, who has lived with the disease you have for all of my life. I was smart and listened to my mother, doctors, and family and did all the things I was supposed to do. I do my nebs, vest treatments, and all medications that I am supposed to do, EVERY day. This really helps keep me healthy so I can continue being a man and enjoying a happy life. I lift weights, and I couldn't lift weights if it wasn't for me doing all my treatments like I am suuposed to do. If you do not do the treatments and medications like your mother tells you to, you won't grow up to be healthy, big, and strong. I am very much a man, and I am a man because I listened to my mother, doctors, and family tell me what was good for me.

Faust

Dear Garran.

I am a man that is 37 years old, who has lived with the disease you have for all of my life. I was smart and listened to my mother, doctors, and family and did all the things I was supposed to do. I do my nebs, vest treatments, and all medications that I am supposed to do, EVERY day. This really helps keep me healthy so I can continue being a man and enjoying a happy life. I lift weights, and I couldn't lift weights if it wasn't for me doing all my treatments like I am suuposed to do. If you do not do the treatments and medications like your mother tells you to, you won't grow up to be healthy, big, and strong. I am very much a man, and I am a man because I listened to my mother, doctors, and family tell me what was good for me.

Faust

Dear Garran.

Faust

Dear Garran.

Faust

Dear Garran.
<br />
<br />I am a man that is 37 years old, who has lived with the disease you have for all of my life. I was smart and listened to my mother, doctors, and family and did all the things I was supposed to do. I do my nebs, vest treatments, and all medications that I am supposed to do, EVERY day. This really helps keep me healthy so I can continue being a man and enjoying a happy life. I lift weights, and I couldn't lift weights if it wasn't for me doing all my treatments like I am suuposed to do. If you do not do the treatments and medications like your mother tells you to, you won't grow up to be healthy, big, and strong. I am very much a man, and I am a man because I listened to my mother, doctors, and family tell me what was good for me.
<br />
<br />