For the Guys with CF

izemmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>[And don't forget, Garran, real men tell their Moms how much they love them.

{q]

That totally made me tear up! Chris, you are quite a guy, umm, er, man!

Threads like this are one of the many reasons that I love this site, too!

izemmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>[And don't forget, Garran, real men tell their Moms how much they love them.

{q]

izemmom

{q]

izemmom

{q]

izemmom

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />{q]
<br />
<br />
<br />That totally made me tear up! Chris, you are quite a guy, umm, er, man!
<br />
<br />Threads like this are one of the many reasons that I love this site, too!
<br />

Faust

Here is some advice to make his treatments go easier. I do my treatments while I sit and surf the net, or I play games on my PC. Sometimes i'll watch tv instead, but mostly i'll play videogames/surf. It really helps take the sting away from the monotony that are the treatments for this annoying disease. I have no idea what/how you have Garran (cool name btw) set up now for his treatments, but considering he's 7 years old, hates what he has to do, and has a childs attention span...You might want to have his main treatment area in front of something to distract him in an entertaining way. Does he have a video game console he can play and do his stuff? What about a PC he can sit in front of and either surf the net or play a game he likes?

Time flies for me while I do my vest/treatments in that way.

Faust

Here is some advice to make his treatments go easier. I do my treatments while I sit and surf the net, or I play games on my PC. Sometimes i'll watch tv instead, but mostly i'll play videogames/surf. It really helps take the sting away from the monotony that are the treatments for this annoying disease. I have no idea what/how you have Garran (cool name btw) set up now for his treatments, but considering he's 7 years old, hates what he has to do, and has a childs attention span...You might want to have his main treatment area in front of something to distract him in an entertaining way. Does he have a video game console he can play and do his stuff? What about a PC he can sit in front of and either surf the net or play a game he likes?

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />Time flies for me while I do my vest/treatments in that way.
<br />

DarbSkull

Hey Garran,<br>
<br>
I'm a 37 year old man with CF. My story is a little different. When I was a kid I didn't know I had CF, so as a result I didn't get to do the nebs and vest and enzymes like you do. I used to get very sick twice a year and maybe if I had been able to do CF meds I wouldn't have gotten sick as often as I did.<br>
<br>
I really liked to play baseball, soccer, basketball, and football with my friends, but when I got sick I couldn't play with them. Also, I didn't take enzymes when I was growing up so I was always very skinny. My friends all got bigger and stronger as they grew up but I stayed skinny, so I wasn't able to keep up with the bigger, stronger kids in high school. I really wish I had been able to take CF meds like you can.<br>
<br>
You're a lucky boy. You know you have CF and you know what you need to do to keep yourself as healthy as possible. You have a mother that loves you very much and only wants what's best for you.<br>
<br>
Faust is right about the games. Find something you like doing while you do your vest. Save your favorite video game for vest time and it will go by in no time.<br>
<br>
Good luck Garran, and keep in touch!

DarbSkull

Hey Garran,<br>
<br>
I'm a 37 year old man with CF. My story is a little different. When I was a kid I didn't know I had CF, so as a result I didn't get to do the nebs and vest and enzymes like you do. I used to get very sick twice a year and maybe if I had been able to do CF meds I wouldn't have gotten sick as often as I did.<br>
<br>
I really liked to play baseball, soccer, basketball, and football with my friends, but when I got sick I couldn't play with them. Also, I didn't take enzymes when I was growing up so I was always very skinny. My friends all got bigger and stronger as they grew up but I stayed skinny, so I wasn't able to keep up with the bigger, stronger kids in high school. I really wish I had been able to take CF meds like you can.<br>
<br>
You're a lucky boy. You know you have CF and you know what you need to do to keep yourself as healthy as possible. You have a mother that loves you very much and only wants what's best for you.<br>
<br>
Faust is right about the games. Find something you like doing while you do your vest. Save your favorite video game for vest time and it will go by in no time.<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

Hey Garran,<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

Hey Garran,<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

Hey Garran,<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>