For thos that still do manual chest pt

hmw

When we were taught how to do CPT for Emily it would take us about 15 min. per side and we were told to do it twice a day, more often when she was sick. We were given a rubber cup-like thing to hold to make it easier on our hands and easier to target the specific areas of her body we were trying to get. We were to get upper and lower areas of chest, sides, and upper and lower back, all for about 3min each. We distracted her with TV or reading to her while we did it... I will say that she hated it and we only did it until we were able to get the Vest. The Vest has been SO much better.

hmw

When we were taught how to do CPT for Emily it would take us about 15 min. per side and we were told to do it twice a day, more often when she was sick. We were given a rubber cup-like thing to hold to make it easier on our hands and easier to target the specific areas of her body we were trying to get. We were to get upper and lower areas of chest, sides, and upper and lower back, all for about 3min each. We distracted her with TV or reading to her while we did it... I will say that she hated it and we only did it until we were able to get the Vest. The Vest has been SO much better.

hmw

hmw

hmw

humphrey711

I am thinking the vest might be the way to go. I will talk to our doctor at our next clinic appointment. I am worried that we are not doing enough.

humphrey711

I am thinking the vest might be the way to go. I will talk to our doctor at our next clinic appointment. I am worried that we are not doing enough.

humphrey711

humphrey711

humphrey711

jaimers

Super Moderator
before i got my vest i did manual cpt and it was pretty much like the others have said. about 30 mins 2x a day upped to 3-4 times when on IVs or getting sick, etc. now i have my vest and i recommend that, although at times i still like to get the manual cpt like when i'm in the hospital

jaimers

Super Moderator
before i got my vest i did manual cpt and it was pretty much like the others have said. about 30 mins 2x a day upped to 3-4 times when on IVs or getting sick, etc. now i have my vest and i recommend that, although at times i still like to get the manual cpt like when i'm in the hospital

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We still do CPT on DS in the mornings before he wakes up. He has a vest, but he doesn't sleep thru it whereas CPT puts him to sleep or he sleeps thru it. We did struggle with him as he got older until he got the vest, but it was never an issue for the a.m. (sleeping) treatment. Seemed to calm him if anything.

I do 4-5 minutes per position -- upper and lower chest, armpits, back... So about 25 minutes.

When he did struggle, we tried to place him, so he could watch tv or a dvd to keep him occupied. Most of our issues stemmed from him wanting to play or do something else, so we needed to keep him entertained.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We still do CPT on DS in the mornings before he wakes up. He has a vest, but he doesn't sleep thru it whereas CPT puts him to sleep or he sleeps thru it. We did struggle with him as he got older until he got the vest, but it was never an issue for the a.m. (sleeping) treatment. Seemed to calm him if anything.

I do 4-5 minutes per position -- upper and lower chest, armpits, back... So about 25 minutes.

When he did struggle, we tried to place him, so he could watch tv or a dvd to keep him occupied. Most of our issues stemmed from him wanting to play or do something else, so we needed to keep him entertained.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I do 4-5 minutes per position -- upper and lower chest, armpits, back... So about 25 minutes.
<br />
<br />When he did struggle, we tried to place him, so he could watch tv or a dvd to keep him occupied. Most of our issues stemmed from him wanting to play or do something else, so we needed to keep him entertained.