Forum slowness, and just horrible user expereince all together!

Incomudrox

I am really fed up with the slowness of this forum and the horrible forum software. I have the means, know how and resources to open my own forum. If I did this would anyone be interested in joining. I'm not trying to start a fight here but they either need to fix the slowness and all the errors (multiple posts not being able to post etc of this forum) or I'm outtie not that they should care about little ole me. This is unacceptable for how small this forum is. If anyone has input please let me know! Here to probably getting banned!<br>

Incomudrox

I am really fed up with the slowness of this forum and the horrible forum software. I have the means, know how and resources to open my own forum. If I did this would anyone be interested in joining. I'm not trying to start a fight here but they either need to fix the slowness and all the errors (multiple posts not being able to post etc of this forum) or I'm outtie not that they should care about little ole me. This is unacceptable for how small this forum is. If anyone has input please let me know! Here to probably getting banned!<br>

Incomudrox

K

Kaethe108

I think it would be a pity if some would leave and some would stay as this would somehow "split" the community. If you have the know how then maybe you could offer to help improving this site here?<br>

K

Kaethe108

I think it would be a pity if some would leave and some would stay as this would somehow "split" the community. If you have the know how then maybe you could offer to help improving this site here?<br>

K

Kaethe108

Incomudrox

Unfortunately there is not much hope for this forum software. It could be changed but would be a lot of work and in the end still be a piece of garbage. It's like a bad foundation for a bad house. You can fix the house all you want but the foundation that holds it up is going to cave in on itself. I would say just straight up replace it with a different forum software but it is so rooted into the main website, like nothing I have ever seen before which is part of the reason it's such a failure.<br>

Incomudrox

Unfortunately there is not much hope for this forum software. It could be changed but would be a lot of work and in the end still be a piece of garbage. It's like a bad foundation for a bad house. You can fix the house all you want but the foundation that holds it up is going to cave in on itself. I would say just straight up replace it with a different forum software but it is so rooted into the main website, like nothing I have ever seen before which is part of the reason it's such a failure.<br>

Incomudrox

musclemania70

I don't think its difficult to use the site. I can find info, post info, and start a new thread among other things. Maybe for some people it might be hard to navigate if that person isn't too savy with the internet.

musclemania70

I don't think its difficult to use the site. I can find info, post info, and start a new thread among other things. Maybe for some people it might be hard to navigate if that person isn't too savy with the internet.

musclemania70

Incomudrox

I'm not saying it's hard to use. What I am saying is it's SLOW, has many issues best example posting the same thing 4-8 times in a row. Timing out when you post something (aka not posting). Navigation compared to 99% of other forums is much harder. I'm not saying I have a problem with it but it was a learning curve. If you don't post on other forums you wouldn't know this. I don't know if you do or not. I have posted on vBulliten forums for years PHPBB's and ASP Playground they are all much better. You have to freaking write HTML code to do anything on here! it's horrible and not needed. (IE posting a link or picture in line) links should automatically show up shouldn't have to reference it. Pictures should be displayed by simple
tags.<br>

Incomudrox

I'm not saying it's hard to use. What I am saying is it's SLOW, has many issues best example posting the same thing 4-8 times in a row. Timing out when you post something (aka not posting). Navigation compared to 99% of other forums is much harder. I'm not saying I have a problem with it but it was a learning curve. If you don't post on other forums you wouldn't know this. I don't know if you do or not. I have posted on vBulliten forums for years PHPBB's and ASP Playground they are all much better. You have to freaking write HTML code to do anything on here! it's horrible and not needed. (IE posting a link or picture in line) links should automatically show up shouldn't have to reference it. Pictures should be displayed by simple
tags.<br>

Incomudrox

tags.<br>

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i>

tags.</end quote></div>

<div><br></div><div>Hey Ennio, </div><div><br></div><div>I agree with those problems that Frank has mentioned above. Maybe focus on updating software before adding new/more features to the site? Just a thought.</div>

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i>

tags.</end quote>

<br>Hey Ennio,<br>I agree with those problems that Frank has mentioned above. Maybe focus on updating software before adding new/more features to the site? Just a thought.