Fragrance and SIL again....

juliepie

i always have that problem with a particular nurse whenever I am in the hospital (she should know better!) I complain to the supervisor every time she is assigned to me at night, and the nurse swears up and down she is not wearing anything with perfume in it, all she uses is dove soap. Honestly, I think that a part of the problem is her clothing. She must spray her perfume in front of an open closet or try things on while wearing perfume and then change her mind and put them back.

good luck :/

juliepie

i always have that problem with a particular nurse whenever I am in the hospital (she should know better!) I complain to the supervisor every time she is assigned to me at night, and the nurse swears up and down she is not wearing anything with perfume in it, all she uses is dove soap. Honestly, I think that a part of the problem is her clothing. She must spray her perfume in front of an open closet or try things on while wearing perfume and then change her mind and put them back.

juliepie

juliepie

juliepie

<br />
<br />good luck :/

lexisangels05

Thanks Nightwriter...I alwayse get great, blunt advise from u. You tell it like it is...no sugar coating. This is soooo helpful. My in-laws came to my house for Easter supper tonight. I never said a word, but could tell my SIL smelled as usual. I did not want to embarrass her so will call her later. I could smell her from about 5 feet away. Not strong, but obviously strong enough. I told Lexi to tell her when they were alone that she smelled perfume. Lexi did and asked if she had on any...of course SIL said no, nothing. You are right this needs to be adressed and quickly. Lexi was soooo congested tonight when doing her treatment. Could be the pollen or perfume...why take the chance on either....right!?

lexisangels05

Thanks Nightwriter...I alwayse get great, blunt advise from u. You tell it like it is...no sugar coating. This is soooo helpful. My in-laws came to my house for Easter supper tonight. I never said a word, but could tell my SIL smelled as usual. I did not want to embarrass her so will call her later. I could smell her from about 5 feet away. Not strong, but obviously strong enough. I told Lexi to tell her when they were alone that she smelled perfume. Lexi did and asked if she had on any...of course SIL said no, nothing. You are right this needs to be adressed and quickly. Lexi was soooo congested tonight when doing her treatment. Could be the pollen or perfume...why take the chance on either....right!?

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

<br />

Nightwriter

Lexisangels,

I'm laughing because I forget how blunt I am sometimes. Can I at least think that it is passion? You know, I have such a small window to make a point, so I am guilty of using a little "spice" in my posts. If I were with you in person, I can rant and rave with you about your sister. My bluntness about the illness of course is not for you -- but for her. To help give you the words to make change. Although I do believe in starting off gentle, so that you have somewhere to go when asking someone for something.

I have to say I find most people incredibly considerate. I really have to believe that your sister doesn't really get all this. And by Lexi saying something, she will think she is copying you or that you put her up to it -- which you did, lol. I would have done the same.

This reminds me of a story. Years ago when I became a vegetarian, I was invited by family friends over for dinner. They knew I was vegetarian -- which never has never been a problem --I just skip the meat and eat everything else. Or I might bring something along with me, if the host suggests it.

Well, this host was completely annoyed by me being a vegetarian and proceeded to point out everything on the table, by saying, "You can't eat that. Or that. Oh, yeah I made that with chicken broth, so you can't have that. So my dinner was a slice of bread... that I had to get out of the refrigerator myself.

You've got to do something. And while it's true that we come across people wearing fragrances in public places, sometimes you can avoid them, or they exposure may be short. But this is something that can be changed. Pollen or perfume? Yes, this pollen season is bad -- it's making me crazy. I am getting over being sick because of it -- so perfume bothers me even more right now.

I guess the part of your story that makes me respond so strongly is I have had people tell me it is my imagination, only to have the odor got stronger, and then they admit it was NOT my imagination. Or that a certain thing couldn't possibly bother me -- and then within the next 48 hours I get horribly sick. You have to go by your own gut feeling. And that's true with just about everything.

Nightwriter

Lexisangels,

I'm laughing because I forget how blunt I am sometimes. Can I at least think that it is passion? You know, I have such a small window to make a point, so I am guilty of using a little "spice" in my posts. If I were with you in person, I can rant and rave with you about your sister. My bluntness about the illness of course is not for you -- but for her. To help give you the words to make change. Although I do believe in starting off gentle, so that you have somewhere to go when asking someone for something.

I have to say I find most people incredibly considerate. I really have to believe that your sister doesn't really get all this. And by Lexi saying something, she will think she is copying you or that you put her up to it -- which you did, lol. I would have done the same.

This reminds me of a story. Years ago when I became a vegetarian, I was invited by family friends over for dinner. They knew I was vegetarian -- which never has never been a problem --I just skip the meat and eat everything else. Or I might bring something along with me, if the host suggests it.

Well, this host was completely annoyed by me being a vegetarian and proceeded to point out everything on the table, by saying, "You can't eat that. Or that. Oh, yeah I made that with chicken broth, so you can't have that. So my dinner was a slice of bread... that I had to get out of the refrigerator myself.

You've got to do something. And while it's true that we come across people wearing fragrances in public places, sometimes you can avoid them, or they exposure may be short. But this is something that can be changed. Pollen or perfume? Yes, this pollen season is bad -- it's making me crazy. I am getting over being sick because of it -- so perfume bothers me even more right now.

I guess the part of your story that makes me respond so strongly is I have had people tell me it is my imagination, only to have the odor got stronger, and then they admit it was NOT my imagination. Or that a certain thing couldn't possibly bother me -- and then within the next 48 hours I get horribly sick. You have to go by your own gut feeling. And that's true with just about everything.

Nightwriter

Lexisangels,

Nightwriter

Lexisangels,

Nightwriter

Lexisangels,
<br />
<br />I'm laughing because I forget how blunt I am sometimes. Can I at least think that it is passion? You know, I have such a small window to make a point, so I am guilty of using a little "spice" in my posts. If I were with you in person, I can rant and rave with you about your sister. My bluntness about the illness of course is not for you -- but for her. To help give you the words to make change. Although I do believe in starting off gentle, so that you have somewhere to go when asking someone for something.
<br />
<br />I have to say I find most people incredibly considerate. I really have to believe that your sister doesn't really get all this. And by Lexi saying something, she will think she is copying you or that you put her up to it -- which you did, lol. I would have done the same.
<br />
<br />This reminds me of a story. Years ago when I became a vegetarian, I was invited by family friends over for dinner. They knew I was vegetarian -- which never has never been a problem --I just skip the meat and eat everything else. Or I might bring something along with me, if the host suggests it.
<br />
<br />Well, this host was completely annoyed by me being a vegetarian and proceeded to point out everything on the table, by saying, "You can't eat that. Or that. Oh, yeah I made that with chicken broth, so you can't have that. So my dinner was a slice of bread... that I had to get out of the refrigerator myself.
<br />
<br />You've got to do something. And while it's true that we come across people wearing fragrances in public places, sometimes you can avoid them, or they exposure may be short. But this is something that can be changed. Pollen or perfume? Yes, this pollen season is bad -- it's making me crazy. I am getting over being sick because of it -- so perfume bothers me even more right now.
<br />
<br />I guess the part of your story that makes me respond so strongly is I have had people tell me it is my imagination, only to have the odor got stronger, and then they admit it was NOT my imagination. Or that a certain thing couldn't possibly bother me -- and then within the next 48 hours I get horribly sick. You have to go by your own gut feeling. And that's true with just about everything.

lexisangels05

Hey Nightwriter, I love your bluntness and your passion. That is exactly while I write to you all. I want everyones experience and reactions. This really helps. Last night I decided to call my SIL but could not get her. I decided to text her. I wrote that Lexi mentioned that she smelled like perfume and I smelled it too. She wrote back that she did not have on any perfume. I told her that I did not want to say anything, but could smell her all the way across the living room. I asked if maybe she accidentally put on some lotion or powder. she wrote back that she did put on lotion, but it did not smell strong. I asked her to please be carefull not to wear this again, that Lexi's life depends on it. I said please be carefull and begged her to help. She did not text me back until much later after I went to bed. When I checked my msg this am. She again swore that she did not wear anything strong and that she was tired of me attacking her and that it was starting to offend her. She said that she has told me that she does not wear anything strong around Lexi and that she had told me this a million times. I guess she still does not get it...Thanks for all of your help...This is the latest! Happy Easter.

lexisangels05

Hey Nightwriter, I love your bluntness and your passion. That is exactly while I write to you all. I want everyones experience and reactions. This really helps. Last night I decided to call my SIL but could not get her. I decided to text her. I wrote that Lexi mentioned that she smelled like perfume and I smelled it too. She wrote back that she did not have on any perfume. I told her that I did not want to say anything, but could smell her all the way across the living room. I asked if maybe she accidentally put on some lotion or powder. she wrote back that she did put on lotion, but it did not smell strong. I asked her to please be carefull not to wear this again, that Lexi's life depends on it. I said please be carefull and begged her to help. She did not text me back until much later after I went to bed. When I checked my msg this am. She again swore that she did not wear anything strong and that she was tired of me attacking her and that it was starting to offend her. She said that she has told me that she does not wear anything strong around Lexi and that she had told me this a million times. I guess she still does not get it...Thanks for all of your help...This is the latest! Happy Easter.

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

lexisangels05