Frustrated...how much more...why..etc!

mom2my3kids

Families,

We are recently diagnosed and I am already fed up with what my poor lil guy has to go through...the breathing treatments, enzymes and doc visits (2 hrs from home) and now they (his CF doc) wants to do a lung CT....he is only 5 months...sheesh..poor lil guy....just a frustrated momma here...wishing I could make it go away...any tips to dealing with all this?

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Families,

We are recently diagnosed and I am already fed up with what my poor lil guy has to go through...the breathing treatments, enzymes and doc visits (2 hrs from home) and now they (his CF doc) wants to do a lung CT....he is only 5 months...sheesh..poor lil guy....just a frustrated momma here...wishing I could make it go away...any tips to dealing with all this?

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Families,

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Families,

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Families,
<br />
<br />We are recently diagnosed and I am already fed up with what my poor lil guy has to go through...the breathing treatments, enzymes and doc visits (2 hrs from home) and now they (his CF doc) wants to do a lung CT....he is only 5 months...sheesh..poor lil guy....just a frustrated momma here...wishing I could make it go away...any tips to dealing with all this?
<br />
<br />Thanks!

M

Mommafirst

Hi Jana,

I'm so sorry. The early days post diagnosis are really tough. All I can say is that you DO adjust, it just does become routine and you have a hard time remembering how flustering it all was at first.

I hate this disease, and I hate all we put our kiddos through, but the median age increase didn't go up 30 years in the last 30 years by ignoring the disease. It went up because of breathing treatments and enzymes and CTs and all the other things that the specialize CF care gives us. (((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Hi Jana,

I'm so sorry. The early days post diagnosis are really tough. All I can say is that you DO adjust, it just does become routine and you have a hard time remembering how flustering it all was at first.

I hate this disease, and I hate all we put our kiddos through, but the median age increase didn't go up 30 years in the last 30 years by ignoring the disease. It went up because of breathing treatments and enzymes and CTs and all the other things that the specialize CF care gives us. (((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Hi Jana,

M

Mommafirst

Hi Jana,

M

Mommafirst

Hi Jana,
<br />
<br />I'm so sorry. The early days post diagnosis are really tough. All I can say is that you DO adjust, it just does become routine and you have a hard time remembering how flustering it all was at first.
<br />
<br /> I hate this disease, and I hate all we put our kiddos through, but the median age increase didn't go up 30 years in the last 30 years by ignoring the disease. It went up because of breathing treatments and enzymes and CTs and all the other things that the specialize CF care gives us. (((HUGS)))

V

valigirl21

Jana,
I'm so sorry you're going through this, but everyone here can relate to your story. Any time you have questions or need a shoulder to cry on, or a place to yell and scream and throw a big fat temper tantrum we are all here to listen. And Heather's right pretty soon you adjust and it becomes routine, like brushing your teeth, except it takes longer.

V

valigirl21

Jana,
I'm so sorry you're going through this, but everyone here can relate to your story. Any time you have questions or need a shoulder to cry on, or a place to yell and scream and throw a big fat temper tantrum we are all here to listen. And Heather's right pretty soon you adjust and it becomes routine, like brushing your teeth, except it takes longer.

V

valigirl21

Jana,

V

valigirl21

Jana,

V

valigirl21

Jana,
<br />I'm so sorry you're going through this, but everyone here can relate to your story. Any time you have questions or need a shoulder to cry on, or a place to yell and scream and throw a big fat temper tantrum we are all here to listen. And Heather's right pretty soon you adjust and it becomes routine, like brushing your teeth, except it takes longer.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto, we've all gone thru similar experiences. Even though I dread an additional med or neb treatment, I tell myself "whatever it takes to keep DS healthy". Sometimes it is overwhelming. Eventually we adjust, get into a routine; however, seems like I dread the months DS has tobi and celebrate a mini-vacation on his month off. Sigh.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto, we've all gone thru similar experiences. Even though I dread an additional med or neb treatment, I tell myself "whatever it takes to keep DS healthy". Sometimes it is overwhelming. Eventually we adjust, get into a routine; however, seems like I dread the months DS has tobi and celebrate a mini-vacation on his month off. Sigh.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member