Frustrated with home health

TestifyToLove

Grr. We have a normal home health agency for when we need stuff that we've used for 2 kids now. But, when our CF clinic has to call in respiratory stuff, they call a different group.

We'll we have 7 children. And, someone in those children decided to get a little TOO helpful last week and tossed out HALF of M's neb pieces for his Tobi nebs. Of course, he was supposed to start Tobi on Sunday. Monday we called the CF clinic. Tuesday I called them again. Today is Thursday. They called in the replacement parts, but the agency they use for repsiratory stuff still has not called US. We're nearly a week late starting Tobi and I'm REALLY getting irritated.

So, I get to call the CF clinic back today and see if they can track down the agency and find out why we don't even have a phone call, much less the simple parts we need so he can start his Tobi cycle.

Grr!

TestifyToLove

Grr. We have a normal home health agency for when we need stuff that we've used for 2 kids now. But, when our CF clinic has to call in respiratory stuff, they call a different group.

We'll we have 7 children. And, someone in those children decided to get a little TOO helpful last week and tossed out HALF of M's neb pieces for his Tobi nebs. Of course, he was supposed to start Tobi on Sunday. Monday we called the CF clinic. Tuesday I called them again. Today is Thursday. They called in the replacement parts, but the agency they use for repsiratory stuff still has not called US. We're nearly a week late starting Tobi and I'm REALLY getting irritated.

So, I get to call the CF clinic back today and see if they can track down the agency and find out why we don't even have a phone call, much less the simple parts we need so he can start his Tobi cycle.

Grr!

TestifyToLove

Grr!

TestifyToLove

Grr!

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />We'll we have 7 children. And, someone in those children decided to get a little TOO helpful last week and tossed out HALF of M's neb pieces for his Tobi nebs. Of course, he was supposed to start Tobi on Sunday. Monday we called the CF clinic. Tuesday I called them again. Today is Thursday. They called in the replacement parts, but the agency they use for repsiratory stuff still has not called US. We're nearly a week late starting Tobi and I'm REALLY getting irritated.
<br />
<br />So, I get to call the CF clinic back today and see if they can track down the agency and find out why we don't even have a phone call, much less the simple parts we need so he can start his Tobi cycle.
<br />
<br />Grr!

purplemartin

Is your clinic close by?? We have had to get nebs from our CF clinic numerous times. The only other recommendation is to purchase online at American allergy (usually receive in 2-3 days) or perhaps try a different medical supply company.

Good luck, I know how frustrating things can be sometimes!

purplemartin

Is your clinic close by?? We have had to get nebs from our CF clinic numerous times. The only other recommendation is to purchase online at American allergy (usually receive in 2-3 days) or perhaps try a different medical supply company.

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin

<br />
<br />Good luck, I know how frustrating things can be sometimes!

MicheleGazelle

Oh, it sounds just awful. I never quite know what to say about stuff like this. I tend to want to try to help and I don't have any ideas that might help. Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I meant to.

MicheleGazelle

Oh, it sounds just awful. I never quite know what to say about stuff like this. I tend to want to try to help and I don't have any ideas that might help. Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I meant to.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

letefk

Argh! How frustrating. We had a delay of a week last month because we had to wait to get the TOBI, so I can empathize with what you are feeling. Every day that went by, I just imagined my daughter's lungs getting worse and worse.

It is stressful enough without this sort of hassle. For what it is worth, we get nebs through CF services now (the pharmacy associated with the CF foundation). When I place my order for meds, I can just add a neb to the order. My clinic gave me a separate Rx for the Tobi, I have one for the regular nebs, and I get one free with every 3 month supply of Pulmozyme. That has helped me build up an emergency stock at home; I always have a few extra (two kids with CF). I don't know if that sort of thing could work for you and your insurance plan, but it has helped us. We always had a huge hassle anytime we had to deal with the local medical supply place.

letefk

Argh! How frustrating. We had a delay of a week last month because we had to wait to get the TOBI, so I can empathize with what you are feeling. Every day that went by, I just imagined my daughter's lungs getting worse and worse.

It is stressful enough without this sort of hassle. For what it is worth, we get nebs through CF services now (the pharmacy associated with the CF foundation). When I place my order for meds, I can just add a neb to the order. My clinic gave me a separate Rx for the Tobi, I have one for the regular nebs, and I get one free with every 3 month supply of Pulmozyme. That has helped me build up an emergency stock at home; I always have a few extra (two kids with CF). I don't know if that sort of thing could work for you and your insurance plan, but it has helped us. We always had a huge hassle anytime we had to deal with the local medical supply place.

letefk

letefk

letefk

<br />
<br />It is stressful enough without this sort of hassle. For what it is worth, we get nebs through CF services now (the pharmacy associated with the CF foundation). When I place my order for meds, I can just add a neb to the order. My clinic gave me a separate Rx for the Tobi, I have one for the regular nebs, and I get one free with every 3 month supply of Pulmozyme. That has helped me build up an emergency stock at home; I always have a few extra (two kids with CF). I don't know if that sort of thing could work for you and your insurance plan, but it has helped us. We always had a huge hassle anytime we had to deal with the local medical supply place.