Frustrated

yellowsmom

I posted a topic on my 5year old daughter back in October, we were in the hospital for a pseudomonas infection, and swine flu. She has been sick since she started school, and after the hospital stay with IV antibiotics followed by another 21 days of Cipro, and 3 rounds of other antibiotics she is still no better. She has been running fevers off and on since September, has a wet prodcutive cough, sinus congestion and now she is losing her voice. We went to our CF clinic on Tuesday, and her PFT were down 14% from last time ( were are fairly new to PFT and I am still not sure what all the numbers mean). Her weight and BMI were also down at this visit. I normally have great faith in the doc that treats her, this has been going on so long, and I am really starting to worry. Has any one had a lasting cough that has had the swine flu? What other home treatment would you suggest, we do sinus rinse,adviar,vest,albuterol, pulmozyme,tobi,and xoponex.

yellowsmom

I posted a topic on my 5year old daughter back in October, we were in the hospital for a pseudomonas infection, and swine flu. She has been sick since she started school, and after the hospital stay with IV antibiotics followed by another 21 days of Cipro, and 3 rounds of other antibiotics she is still no better. She has been running fevers off and on since September, has a wet prodcutive cough, sinus congestion and now she is losing her voice. We went to our CF clinic on Tuesday, and her PFT were down 14% from last time ( were are fairly new to PFT and I am still not sure what all the numbers mean). Her weight and BMI were also down at this visit. I normally have great faith in the doc that treats her, this has been going on so long, and I am really starting to worry. Has any one had a lasting cough that has had the swine flu? What other home treatment would you suggest, we do sinus rinse,adviar,vest,albuterol, pulmozyme,tobi,and xoponex.

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

grammakaky

I wonder if its worth mentioning to your doctor about starting Hypertonic Saline. Almost everyone one here who uses it says it has greatly helped them. My granddaughter uses it (she is 20 months old) since she is 3 months old; and it helps.

grammakaky

I wonder if its worth mentioning to your doctor about starting Hypertonic Saline. Almost everyone one here who uses it says it has greatly helped them. My granddaughter uses it (she is 20 months old) since she is 3 months old; and it helps.

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky

yes, she nebs it twice a day. They seem to think it helps alot. Even when she starts a cold; they up her treatments; which seems to help too. Yes, I also agree to check to see if she is culturing anything first.

grammakaky

yes, she nebs it twice a day. They seem to think it helps alot. Even when she starts a cold; they up her treatments; which seems to help too. Yes, I also agree to check to see if she is culturing anything first.

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky