Funny CF Stories

barbc888

I have a couple of sisters who will do chest pt for me at holiday get togethers. My twin sis likes to smack me on the butt when I'm laying on my stomach, or she'll give me a quick tickle somewhere to make me laugh, which actually helps me cough up more. I always end up farting, because I'm laughing or coughing, and sometimes I'll let one slip out on purpose to get even with her. We always end up laughing our butts off and having fun with it. Did I mention, my farts smell like roses : )

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

I have a couple of sisters who will do chest pt for me at holiday get togethers. My twin sis likes to smack me on the butt when I'm laying on my stomach, or she'll give me a quick tickle somewhere to make me laugh, which actually helps me cough up more. I always end up farting, because I'm laughing or coughing, and sometimes I'll let one slip out on purpose to get even with her. We always end up laughing our butts off and having fun with it. Did I mention, my farts smell like roses : )

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

Breezy

The best is def. the phelgm hunt, that paranoys me ALL THE TIME!

I actually did what Caitlin did the other day. I was driving home from work down a back road, so there was no one else, and i coughed and decided to spit out the window. I looked in my rear view mirror to see if it had hit the car, b/c i saw it fly out of the window only momentarily. I kept thinking of her story in my head, and i was so paraonoid i actually pulled over and searched that side of my car to see if it had stuck somewhere. I couldn't find it so i'm assuming it landed safely somewhere else.

And yea, yesterday my fav thing happened: throwing up during physio/coughing too much from nebs! *cheers* YAY! Better yet, it happened when i was at my desk (coz i wasn't expecting it) and went into my keyboard! Needless to say i had to take out some of the keys and clean it out! It's funny now but was humiliating when it happened.

Breezy

I actually did what Caitlin did the other day. I was driving home from work down a back road, so there was no one else, and i coughed and decided to spit out the window. I looked in my rear view mirror to see if it had hit the car, b/c i saw it fly out of the window only momentarily. I kept thinking of her story in my head, and i was so paraonoid i actually pulled over and searched that side of my car to see if it had stuck somewhere. I couldn't find it so i'm assuming it landed safely somewhere else.

And yea, yesterday my fav thing happened: throwing up during physio/coughing too much from nebs! *cheers* YAY! Better yet, it happened when i was at my desk (coz i wasn't expecting it) and went into my keyboard! Needless to say i had to take out some of the keys and clean it out! It's funny now but was humiliating when it happened.

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

mom2lillian

THe first year I did CF walk (4years ago) I had been dx 2 years and everyone I immediately worked with knew it, I have a habit of (ass)uming everyone else knew it too becuase I am so open and forget that others might not have 'heard' -- I work in a gossip environment so I just figured. This involves a guy on my shift but in a different lab.

Guy: "Hey I heard you are doing some sort of fundraiser walk"

Me: "Yeah, I'm doing Great Strides blah blah want to sponsor me?"

Guy:"Who does it affect?"

Me: "typical response"

Guy:"We'll it can't affect that many poeple I never heard of it"

Me:"About #people blah blah typical response"

<u>Guy:"Well I like to support things that more poeple have, why dont you do a walk that matters and affects more than just a few poeple?" </u> (He really isnt as big an ass as this comes off like)

Me:"Well this really matters to the people who have it and since it isnt as well known it is harder to raise money for it"

Guy:"do you know someone who has it or something?"

**Here is where I am feelign really bad for him because I know he is going to eb really embaressed and I am trying to figure whats best to say

Me:" well, yeah it runs in my family actually" --nice huh?

Guy:"oh (already a bit sheepish) well who has it how does it affect them"

Me:"Well, I actually have it you just cant tell for blah blah reasons"

<u>Guy:"oh, well um, uh-- sputter, wrings hands, turns red, pulls out wallet, uh how much do you want, I dont have much on me but I can bring mroe tomorrow? Then of course all rest apologies and inquiries etc"</u>

**funny thing is about 15 minutes later 3 more guys from his lab file in asking if thye can donate $$$!

mom2lillian

THe first year I did CF walk (4years ago) I had been dx 2 years and everyone I immediately worked with knew it, I have a habit of (ass)uming everyone else knew it too becuase I am so open and forget that others might not have 'heard' -- I work in a gossip environment so I just figured. This involves a guy on my shift but in a different lab.

<u>Guy:"Well I like to support things that more poeple have, why dont you do a walk that matters and affects more than just a few poeple?" </u> (He really isnt as big an ass as this comes off like)

Me:"Well this really matters to the people who have it and since it isnt as well known it is harder to raise money for it"

**Here is where I am feelign really bad for him because I know he is going to eb really embaressed and I am trying to figure whats best to say

<u>Guy:"oh, well um, uh-- sputter, wrings hands, turns red, pulls out wallet, uh how much do you want, I dont have much on me but I can bring mroe tomorrow? Then of course all rest apologies and inquiries etc"</u>

**funny thing is about 15 minutes later 3 more guys from his lab file in asking if thye can donate $$$!

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian