G-tube help/advice/support

babyluke

On this same subject...our son has a feeding tube. He is 10 months old. He does overnight feeds. He is eating food still during the day, but does not want liquids by mouth anymore. Any suggestions?

babyluke

On this same subject...our son has a feeding tube. He is 10 months old. He does overnight feeds. He is eating food still during the day, but does not want liquids by mouth anymore. Any suggestions?

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

jfarel

I am 28 years old and had one put in back in December. It is worth it. I no longer have to worry about counting the calories and its much easier to keep my weight up. I had the g-tube for a couple months and switched to the button which is much nicer.

jfarel

I am 28 years old and had one put in back in December. It is worth it. I no longer have to worry about counting the calories and its much easier to keep my weight up. I had the g-tube for a couple months and switched to the button which is much nicer.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

annieop86

I appreciate everyones replies. But I have another question. Right now my family thinks I am being a stubborn 20 something being so upset about the possibility of getting a feeding tube but I really can't help it. One of my main concerns is how it will look. I haven't had one for almost 9 years now and my nutritionist says they don't look anything like the big button I had before and that it's not that noticable, but I don't really believe her. It may sound dramatic but I haven't gotten much sleep because of this any more info would help. If you could e-mail me more that would be wonderful. I really need someone to talk to about all of this. I feel like I'm being such a baby. Thanks
-Annie
annie_opatz@yahoo.com

annieop86

I appreciate everyones replies. But I have another question. Right now my family thinks I am being a stubborn 20 something being so upset about the possibility of getting a feeding tube but I really can't help it. One of my main concerns is how it will look. I haven't had one for almost 9 years now and my nutritionist says they don't look anything like the big button I had before and that it's not that noticable, but I don't really believe her. It may sound dramatic but I haven't gotten much sleep because of this any more info would help. If you could e-mail me more that would be wonderful. I really need someone to talk to about all of this. I feel like I'm being such a baby. Thanks
-Annie
annie_opatz@yahoo.com

annieop86

-Annie
annie_opatz@yahoo.com

annieop86

-Annie
annie_opatz@yahoo.com

annieop86

<br />-Annie
<br />annie_opatz@yahoo.com

F

fr3ak

Imma say what I say to everyone that posts this question...

Exhaust every other avenue first... Try NG feeds, try upping the calouries, try everything possible before getting a permanent fixture...

(I did NG feeds for 3 years, but due to end stage CF I was coughing more and vomiting up the tube... and it was suggested to go the permanent route, which I did and wished I hadn't)

For some it works, for others it doesn't... for me it didn't...

Mine leaked non stop, my stomach was continuously raw from leaked stomach acid... I had it put in to gain extra weight to help with TX and in my case it worked in the reverse I lost more weight on it due to the complications and pain...

But if you made your mind up and it's something you want.. then go for it!

All the best!

F

fr3ak

Exhaust every other avenue first... Try NG feeds, try upping the calouries, try everything possible before getting a permanent fixture...

(I did NG feeds for 3 years, but due to end stage CF I was coughing more and vomiting up the tube... and it was suggested to go the permanent route, which I did and wished I hadn't)

Mine leaked non stop, my stomach was continuously raw from leaked stomach acid... I had it put in to gain extra weight to help with TX and in my case it worked in the reverse I lost more weight on it due to the complications and pain...

All the best!

F

fr3ak

All the best!

F

fr3ak

All the best!

F

fr3ak

<br />
<br />Exhaust every other avenue first... Try NG feeds, try upping the calouries, try everything possible before getting a permanent fixture...
<br />
<br />(I did NG feeds for 3 years, but due to end stage CF I was coughing more and vomiting up the tube... and it was suggested to go the permanent route, which I did and wished I hadn't)
<br />
<br />For some it works, for others it doesn't... for me it didn't...
<br />
<br />Mine leaked non stop, my stomach was continuously raw from leaked stomach acid... I had it put in to gain extra weight to help with TX and in my case it worked in the reverse I lost more weight on it due to the complications and pain...
<br />
<br />But if you made your mind up and it's something you want.. then go for it!
<br />
<br />All the best!