Gagging and Vomiting

• Thread starter NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting
  • Start date

grammakaky

Katie, our granddaughter goes through the same thing. I think concentrating on her bottle shakes for calories, she really doesn;t eat so much. She was tough with food from the start. I wonder if it has to do with the applesauce and enzymes. They associate food on a spoon with them; then they have a hard time adjusting. They just try not to make a battle with it. Sometimes very fustrating. Kathy

grammakaky

Katie, our granddaughter goes through the same thing. I think concentrating on her bottle shakes for calories, she really doesn;t eat so much. She was tough with food from the start. I wonder if it has to do with the applesauce and enzymes. They associate food on a spoon with them; then they have a hard time adjusting. They just try not to make a battle with it. Sometimes very fustrating. Kathy

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky

sslondon

Your post brought back a lot of memories of my son doing the same things. We were told to back off the traditional feedings by his dietician, to have little nibbly snacks available to him so he could "graze" when he was hungry, lots of Pediasure in his bottle or cup and we continued this way until he showed more interest in eating. It turned out he ate quite a bit more than I had imagined he would, by eating little bits of cheese, grated apple, etc, until his Prevacid was adjusted and he was much happier when eating. He also gagged on everything under the sun, and we had to grate (instead of cube) everything we could. It seemed to help. Good luck with everything, I know how hard it is. My son is now five and I still love to sit and watch him eat without throwing up!

sslondon

Your post brought back a lot of memories of my son doing the same things. We were told to back off the traditional feedings by his dietician, to have little nibbly snacks available to him so he could "graze" when he was hungry, lots of Pediasure in his bottle or cup and we continued this way until he showed more interest in eating. It turned out he ate quite a bit more than I had imagined he would, by eating little bits of cheese, grated apple, etc, until his Prevacid was adjusted and he was much happier when eating. He also gagged on everything under the sun, and we had to grate (instead of cube) everything we could. It seemed to help. Good luck with everything, I know how hard it is. My son is now five and I still love to sit and watch him eat without throwing up!

sslondon

sslondon

sslondon

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

They did adjust her prevacid and it might need alittle more tweaking. Grazing might work better for her that was a great idea. She is taking 2-3 pedisure a day with usually no problem. It is just very worrisome when we are counting every calorie she puts in her mouth and then to have her gag and throw it all up. Sometimes she will take alittle of something and we think alright this is great and the very next time we try to give it to her she gags and won't take it. But when she started gagging when she is watching someone else eat really worries me. Hopefully we get answers tomorrow.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

They did adjust her prevacid and it might need alittle more tweaking. Grazing might work better for her that was a great idea. She is taking 2-3 pedisure a day with usually no problem. It is just very worrisome when we are counting every calorie she puts in her mouth and then to have her gag and throw it all up. Sometimes she will take alittle of something and we think alright this is great and the very next time we try to give it to her she gags and won't take it. But when she started gagging when she is watching someone else eat really worries me. Hopefully we get answers tomorrow.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting