Genetic Testing How Long?

jenlevy33

Hi my son had a borderline sweat test of 31 back in September. After reading the posts here we decided to get him a genetic test. We did it on September 26th.
We have not got the results yet. The doctor called me the 1st week of November & said that the partial Genetics came back negative for all the major genes. He said the full results will be back on November 14th. I still have not heard anything & I feel like I am a nuisance to the doctors office always calling & they have nothing? I am hoping no news is good news!!!! But how long did you guys realistically wait. I want to show up at his office but my husband says just wait for him to call & stop harassing the office. The doctor said it took longer then 6 weeks because they had to send it to California I think & the 6 weeks was from the time they received the sample.

jenlevy33

Hi my son had a borderline sweat test of 31 back in September. After reading the posts here we decided to get him a genetic test. We did it on September 26th.
We have not got the results yet. The doctor called me the 1st week of November & said that the partial Genetics came back negative for all the major genes. He said the full results will be back on November 14th. I still have not heard anything & I feel like I am a nuisance to the doctors office always calling & they have nothing? I am hoping no news is good news!!!! But how long did you guys realistically wait. I want to show up at his office but my husband says just wait for him to call & stop harassing the office. The doctor said it took longer then 6 weeks because they had to send it to California I think & the 6 weeks was from the time they received the sample.

jenlevy33

jenlevy33

jenlevy33

JazzysMom

Do you know which company it was sent to? If it was sent to Ambry you can leave a message on the Ambry Thread in the Family Section for Steve the Ambery Rep. He is great.

The basics dont take long as you have seen. The more in depth testing takes weeks. I know that its a difficult wait. With the holidays & all I would assume if its not actually completed yet that it might be even longer.

See if you can find out if it was Ambery who did the testing.......

JazzysMom

Do you know which company it was sent to? If it was sent to Ambry you can leave a message on the Ambry Thread in the Family Section for Steve the Ambery Rep. He is great.

The basics dont take long as you have seen. The more in depth testing takes weeks. I know that its a difficult wait. With the holidays & all I would assume if its not actually completed yet that it might be even longer.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Buckeye

I can't remember exactly how long ours took, but I looked up an old thread where I was asking about how long it takes and Steve from Ambry said 2-4 weeks. Like Melissa said, if you post a question for Steve on the Ambry thread (stickied to the top of this section) he'll answer your question. You could also send him a PM with you son's name and state you're from and he would be able to tell you if it was sent to his company and how much longer until you can expect the results. The waiting is nerve wracking!!!

Buckeye

I can't remember exactly how long ours took, but I looked up an old thread where I was asking about how long it takes and Steve from Ambry said 2-4 weeks. Like Melissa said, if you post a question for Steve on the Ambry thread (stickied to the top of this section) he'll answer your question. You could also send him a PM with you son's name and state you're from and he would be able to tell you if it was sent to his company and how much longer until you can expect the results. The waiting is nerve wracking!!!

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye