Getting Pregnant?

Athena

Ok I just checked out this board and I think it's great. I'm 28 with CF and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I've been trying to get pregnant again and so far had no luck. I learned from some of your posts about a fertlity tracker but not sure what that is or where you find one. I also heard that if you have CF and take robitussin 4 times a day it will help to unblock mucus so that u have better chances of getting pregnant. Does anyone know if that is true. I was wondering if any of the cfers did anything to help the process like changed anything or added something to their daily care. Any insight on this at all would be helpful. Thanks

Athena

Athena

Ok I just checked out this board and I think it's great. I'm 28 with CF and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I've been trying to get pregnant again and so far had no luck. I learned from some of your posts about a fertlity tracker but not sure what that is or where you find one. I also heard that if you have CF and take robitussin 4 times a day it will help to unblock mucus so that u have better chances of getting pregnant. Does anyone know if that is true. I was wondering if any of the cfers did anything to help the process like changed anything or added something to their daily care. Any insight on this at all would be helpful. Thanks

Athena

Athena

Athena

Athena

Athena

Athena

Athena

Athena

Athena

K

Keepercjr

Athena

I use www.fertilityfriend.com to chart my cycles. I take my basal body temp every morning when I wake up and I also check my cervix position and cervical fluid through the month till I ovulate. You need to read the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler for more info. When I got pregnant with my son I didn't take robitussin but I had just gotten out of the hospital (like 3 days prior) for a "pre-pregnancy" tune up and I believe all the antibiotics I was on thinned my cervical fluid. To get pregnant this time I'm taking Mucinex instead of robitussin because it is a pill and you only need to take it twice a day. Same active ingredient. I'm also taking a b complex vitamin as that can help the production of fertile cervical fluid and also lengthen the luteal phase. I'm also using a product called "pre-seed" which is a sperm friendly lubricant that mimics fertile cervical fluid and can aid fertility. Lastly I'm using an OPK to help pinpoint my fertile period and for timing sex.

Here's what I'd do if I were you : get the book I mentioned, sign up at fertilityfriend.com, get a basal body thermometer and also some mucinex. OPKs can be used as an additional tool as well. Good luck!

K

Keepercjr

Athena

I use www.fertilityfriend.com to chart my cycles. I take my basal body temp every morning when I wake up and I also check my cervix position and cervical fluid through the month till I ovulate. You need to read the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler for more info. When I got pregnant with my son I didn't take robitussin but I had just gotten out of the hospital (like 3 days prior) for a "pre-pregnancy" tune up and I believe all the antibiotics I was on thinned my cervical fluid. To get pregnant this time I'm taking Mucinex instead of robitussin because it is a pill and you only need to take it twice a day. Same active ingredient. I'm also taking a b complex vitamin as that can help the production of fertile cervical fluid and also lengthen the luteal phase. I'm also using a product called "pre-seed" which is a sperm friendly lubricant that mimics fertile cervical fluid and can aid fertility. Lastly I'm using an OPK to help pinpoint my fertile period and for timing sex.

Here's what I'd do if I were you : get the book I mentioned, sign up at fertilityfriend.com, get a basal body thermometer and also some mucinex. OPKs can be used as an additional tool as well. Good luck!

K

Keepercjr

Athena

K

Keepercjr

Athena

K

Keepercjr

Athena

K

Keepercjr

Athena

Athena

Hi keepercjf thanks for the tips but I was wondering were you would buy pre-seed and what is a basal body temp. and where do u get one of those at. LOL i'm clueless sorry.

Thanks a lot
Athena

Athena

Hi keepercjf thanks for the tips but I was wondering were you would buy pre-seed and what is a basal body temp. and where do u get one of those at. LOL i'm clueless sorry.

Thanks a lot
Athena

Athena

Thanks a lot
Athena

Athena

Thanks a lot
Athena

Athena

Thanks a lot
Athena

Athena

Thanks a lot
Athena

mom2lillian

I cant offer you the help the others can on charting and the like but I can tell you I tried mucinex pills instead of cough syrup, the active ingredient is the same and it had the wonderful side benefit of getting alot of junk up for me.

mom2lillian

I cant offer you the help the others can on charting and the like but I can tell you I tried mucinex pills instead of cough syrup, the active ingredient is the same and it had the wonderful side benefit of getting alot of junk up for me.