Getting very down about transplant

Busbie

I am on the transplant list 5 months now and I am getting very down hearted about my chances of being called. I am 5'7" and blood type O+ and very resistant to antibiotics, I don't know what antibodies I have. I don't contact my transplant centre that much, I suppose I am just going through the post listed blues. I was so delighted to be listed at the time and felt that I was going to be called very soon but as time rolls by I just feel my enthusiasm ebbing away along with my health. Sorry for the depressing post but I have to get it off my chest.

Busbie

I am on the transplant list 5 months now and I am getting very down hearted about my chances of being called. I am 5'7" and blood type O+ and very resistant to antibiotics, I don't know what antibodies I have. I don't contact my transplant centre that much, I suppose I am just going through the post listed blues. I was so delighted to be listed at the time and felt that I was going to be called very soon but as time rolls by I just feel my enthusiasm ebbing away along with my health. Sorry for the depressing post but I have to get it off my chest.

Busbie

Busbie

Busbie

fahrjr

Type O at that height should match a pretty big portion of the population. What is your LAS score? Have you looked online for the number listed at your center and region? I was just listed this week, so it has not really set in yet for me yet.

fahrjr

Type O at that height should match a pretty big portion of the population. What is your LAS score? Have you looked online for the number listed at your center and region? I was just listed this week, so it has not really set in yet for me yet.

fahrjr

fahrjr

fahrjr

deanna

Well I just wanted to say a couple words of encouragement. I have been listed for 17 months and counting. I am a hard match because of resisitant antibodies in my blood. With that being said, I am still very hopeful. I knew going into this it could be a two year wait. So a few things I say to myself when I start to get anxious....1st, I feel very confident that the lungs that were made for me to have and spend the rest of my life with will come when they were meant to come. That is more about faith than anything, but it does help me. Also, I don't know where your numbers are and what your daily life is like,but I know at times I feel more urgent than others. The 2nd thing I do alot is, it seems like many day I get up saying today would be a great day for lungs, I feel everything is in order and place, and then I go to bed saying, well I guess I made it thru with my own, so today was not my day.
I have 3 kids and am very busy, but definately feel myself slowing down, and do not want this to go on much longer, so I may consider trying to list with a second clinic soon, I am going over that in my head know as an option.
I don't know if any of this helps at all, but just know you are not alone, and the wait will surely be worth it. Heres hoping for new lungs!!!!

deanna

Well I just wanted to say a couple words of encouragement. I have been listed for 17 months and counting. I am a hard match because of resisitant antibodies in my blood. With that being said, I am still very hopeful. I knew going into this it could be a two year wait. So a few things I say to myself when I start to get anxious....1st, I feel very confident that the lungs that were made for me to have and spend the rest of my life with will come when they were meant to come. That is more about faith than anything, but it does help me. Also, I don't know where your numbers are and what your daily life is like,but I know at times I feel more urgent than others. The 2nd thing I do alot is, it seems like many day I get up saying today would be a great day for lungs, I feel everything is in order and place, and then I go to bed saying, well I guess I made it thru with my own, so today was not my day.
I have 3 kids and am very busy, but definately feel myself slowing down, and do not want this to go on much longer, so I may consider trying to list with a second clinic soon, I am going over that in my head know as an option.
I don't know if any of this helps at all, but just know you are not alone, and the wait will surely be worth it. Heres hoping for new lungs!!!!

deanna

deanna

deanna

<br /> I have 3 kids and am very busy, but definately feel myself slowing down, and do not want this to go on much longer, so I may consider trying to list with a second clinic soon, I am going over that in my head know as an option.
<br /> I don't know if any of this helps at all, but just know you are not alone, and the wait will surely be worth it. Heres hoping for new lungs!!!!