GHPP in California

petitesouris

Hello,

I am a big fan of this forum, though I've rarely posted. Right now, I have a problem I was hoping someone would be nice enough to help me figure out.

I recently moved to California (in January) and applied to GHPP. In four months, I have heard nothing back from them at all. I don't know the status of my application, I don't know how long it will take them to make a decision about my case, and meanwhile I am racking up bills as a self-pay patient at UCSD.

When I call the phone numbers they have listed on their site I get the same recorded message every time. I leave messages and no one has ever called me back.

I'm really desperate to get in touch with them, if for nothing else a little more information. Does it normally take a long time to hear from them? Does anyone know of a better way to contact them? My social worker insisted that I just keep leaving messages, but this method just makes me feel helpless and out-of-control.

Is there any better way?

Thanks in advance.

petitesouris

Hello,

I am a big fan of this forum, though I've rarely posted. Right now, I have a problem I was hoping someone would be nice enough to help me figure out.

I recently moved to California (in January) and applied to GHPP. In four months, I have heard nothing back from them at all. I don't know the status of my application, I don't know how long it will take them to make a decision about my case, and meanwhile I am racking up bills as a self-pay patient at UCSD.

When I call the phone numbers they have listed on their site I get the same recorded message every time. I leave messages and no one has ever called me back.

I'm really desperate to get in touch with them, if for nothing else a little more information. Does it normally take a long time to hear from them? Does anyone know of a better way to contact them? My social worker insisted that I just keep leaving messages, but this method just makes me feel helpless and out-of-control.

Is there any better way?

Thanks in advance.

petitesouris

Hello,

Is there any better way?

Thanks in advance.

petitesouris

Hello,

Is there any better way?

Thanks in advance.

petitesouris

Hello,
<br />
<br />I am a big fan of this forum, though I've rarely posted. Right now, I have a problem I was hoping someone would be nice enough to help me figure out.
<br />
<br />I recently moved to California (in January) and applied to GHPP. In four months, I have heard nothing back from them at all. I don't know the status of my application, I don't know how long it will take them to make a decision about my case, and meanwhile I am racking up bills as a self-pay patient at UCSD.
<br />
<br />When I call the phone numbers they have listed on their site I get the same recorded message every time. I leave messages and no one has ever called me back.
<br />
<br />I'm really desperate to get in touch with them, if for nothing else a little more information. Does it normally take a long time to hear from them? Does anyone know of a better way to contact them? My social worker insisted that I just keep leaving messages, but this method just makes me feel helpless and out-of-control.
<br />
<br />Is there any better way?
<br />
<br />Thanks in advance.

julie

It's been about 7 years since we applied and had Mark on the program, but I remember actually having to go into their office to get the paperwork completed, and I remember the application process taking about 4-6 months or so. Is going into their office an option?

julie

It's been about 7 years since we applied and had Mark on the program, but I remember actually having to go into their office to get the paperwork completed, and I remember the application process taking about 4-6 months or so. Is going into their office an option?

julie

julie

julie

petitesouris

Thanks for replying, Julie.

It would be quite a long trek, since I am in San Diego and I believe the office is in Sacramento, but I'd be willing to do it. Did you just show up, or did you have to make an appointment to see someone?

petitesouris

It would be quite a long trek, since I am in San Diego and I believe the office is in Sacramento, but I'd be willing to do it. Did you just show up, or did you have to make an appointment to see someone?

petitesouris

petitesouris

petitesouris

<br />
<br />It would be quite a long trek, since I am in San Diego and I believe the office is in Sacramento, but I'd be willing to do it. Did you just show up, or did you have to make an appointment to see someone?

my65roses4me

Im not sure what phone number you are trying, but here is the number I have for them and someone always answers the calls.
800-639-0597.
Try that number if its not the one you have and see if it works better.
GL I know they are not the easiest to deal with.

my65roses4me

Im not sure what phone number you are trying, but here is the number I have for them and someone always answers the calls.
800-639-0597.

my65roses4me

800-639-0597.

my65roses4me

800-639-0597.

my65roses4me

<br />800-639-0597.
<br />Try that number if its not the one you have and see if it works better.
<br />GL I know they are not the easiest to deal with.